Author Topic: Lemming's Weapon Modifications  (Read 3507 times)

Offline Lemming

• Major(1)
  • IGNs: .:Symbiote, The Joker
    • Lemming @ deviantART
Lemming's Weapon Modifications
« on: December 06, 2008, 07:02:35 pm »
Here I'll store all the seperate weapon modifications I make.

Alright, here's the first weapon mods I've made. Feedback would be appreciated. Okay. Previews are upcoming.

Lazer Deagles:

AWP:

M3 Shotgun:

Combat Knife:

Famas:

If any of these looks at all like someone else's mods, it's a mistake. I made them myself, without having seen any other similair weapon mods. The Deagle and Knife are the only ones that I didn't do from scratch. Those are altered versions of the original weapons. [exaggeration]Very altered, I might add.[/exaggeration]

Anyway; The lazer dot (which by the way ain't the reason for them being called ''Lazer Deagles'') on the Deagles does not give you an advantage. Just saying so someone don't go ''Uh, WTF dude? The Deagles = cheatx0rz.'' As this screenshot suggest; It's just for show.

Note the blue/gray shells, btw. :)

Bah... just try them out. :P

As always, remember to make a backup of the original files before using these in case you change your mind!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 05:39:34 pm by Lemming »

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: Lemming's Weapon Modifications
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 05:35:40 am »
Yeah... very altered, sure.
Care to make it better and a bit bigger won't be bad.

You shouldn't take as base, the soldat default weapons, make your own.

Famas is great, i like it, but as i said make them bigger

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 06:32:47 am »
Soldat/mods, use this folder and soldat mod starter.exe to run mods, never your default files.

Nice for a first, keep going and make sure you have a good look at some other mods around here, get inspired.

plenty of observation is good for progress when you're starting

never make in-game gfx too big,  always remember that everything is rendered from the top left most pixel, so if you make a long hat or something for gosteks, or a super long gun, it's gonna look pretty bad when you face left

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 06:35:14 am by Hair|Trigger »

Player since late 2007

DarkCrusade

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 09:19:36 am »
Weapons looking nice, good to see something new here in this forum, my Zombie-Mod is released just next weekend when I´ve finished it :)

Offline Lemming

• Major(1)
    • Lemming @ deviantART
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 10:32:55 am »
Yeah... very altered, sure.

Okay, ''very'' altered maybe was exaggerating it a good bit. The shape is a bit different, the coloring is different, the add-on thing is obviously different since it isn't there originally. And that's it. Oh, and of course the knife. It only has a different shape. :P

BUT ANYWAY.

Care to make it better and a bit bigger won't be bad.

Bigger? As far as I know they're the same size as the original weapons.

You shouldn't take as base, the soldat default weapons, make your own.

Mind you, the Deagles and Knife are the only ones I'm actually using a part of the default weapons on; The others, sure, I edited the original picture to make them, too. But the thing is, not a single part on the AWP, Shotgun or Famas is from the default weapon. I just needed to know where exactly the front end of the weapon should go, etc. (I'm lazy, and I admit it)

Soldat/mods, use this folder and soldat mod starter.exe to run mods, never your default files.

I do use that folder. But since I have all the Soldat files copied into it, I just use Soldat.exe in that folder to start it up. Do I NEED to use starter.exe for some reason? It works without, that's for sure.

Nice for a first, keep going and make sure you have a good look at some other mods around here, get inspired.

Ah, alright!

never make in-game gfx too big,  always remember that everything is rendered from the top left most pixel, so if you make a long hat or something for gosteks, or a super long gun, it's gonna look pretty bad when you face left

I didn't know that. I had to try it out after you said that, and yeah, it does look weird as hell. The Deagles seemingly have some big thing sticking up from the backs of them when facing left! xD

Thanks for the feedback.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 10:36:16 am by Lemming »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 10:41:57 am »
I do use that folder. But since I have all the Soldat files copied into it, I just use Soldat.exe in that folder to start it up. Do I NEED to use starter.exe for some reason? It works without, that's for sure.

Unless you use Start.exe which loads up Soldat with the proper mod parameter, Soldat will not read what's in the Soldat/mods folder, but instead read all the proper defaults in Soldat/. Before the advent of Soldat/mods and Start.exe, some of use did the mod directly as the default set, so you might do it that way too, but it'll make figuring out which things to include in the release a bit harder.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Lemming

• Major(1)
    • Lemming @ deviantART
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 11:15:40 am »
Oh. Yeah, that sounds logical.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 11:29:53 am by Lemming »

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 10:09:53 pm »
Famas is good, maybe a bit bigger though...
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline Lemming

• Major(1)
    • Lemming @ deviantART
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 03:15:20 pm »
Thank you. And yeah, so I hear. 8]