Author Topic: Problems with buttons getting "stuck"  (Read 5516 times)

Offline Schmidter

• Major(1)
Problems with buttons getting "stuck"
« on: December 07, 2008, 07:07:05 pm »
Hi there! Just got myself a brand new mouse. The Roccat Kone. And I have problems when playing soldat, when I use the right mouse button, wich is using jet, it keeps getting stuck, and only stopts using jet when pushing button again. The button itself doesn't get stuck, but it does in the game all the time.

Anything knows what might be the problem? I have all the newest drivers and stuff.

Steen

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
Re: Problems with buttons getting "stuck"
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 07:56:23 am »
same happens to me, usually when I join a new game, the jet and shooting get stuck and I have to push them.
I also have a new gamer mouse, I hate it.
hmm, now that I think about it.. I think it happens to my old mouse too...

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 09:04:02 am »
happens to me occasionally too. Not too fussed about it, but it is weird. Mine is a wireless mouse, I always thought it was just due to messed up signals.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline Chebur

• Major(1)
  • RzR(tm)|
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 12:36:06 am »
It is Soldat lag.. i had hell of a lot of different mice (including Kone :p didn't like it rly), now i have SS Ikari, and ye... happens to me all the time. And with both buttons stuck, sometimes one by one, sometimes Rmb and Lmb get "stuck" together... was annoying for some time, but now i just don't pay much attention

Offline PQ

• Camper
  • Charge!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 04:10:50 pm »
What mouse do you have? My mouse buttons get stuck on the same way at the beginning of the map if I was shooting at the end of the last map.
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=20403.0
#2Wai.soldat @ quakenet.org Soldat's heaven

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 07:17:01 pm »
are you sure it's the mouses fault? Im not sure but I think my old mouse worked perfectly until this bug suddainly started happen some times. I do have my new mouse connected at the same time, maybe I will unplug it and see if that fix it. 
and has this happend in any older versons of soldat or is it a recent bug?

Offline Schmidter

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 02:01:15 pm »
I never had this problems with the old mx 510 mouse, wich I gave to my parrents when I moved out, and then I bought this. And also the TCU isn't very good. It should do so the mouse wouldn't recall movement before the mouse touches the surface. It allmost works, it moves slightly aboe the surface, like an optical. BUT BUT BUT.... The movement of the mouse is NOT fluint. And I am EVEN using the Roccat Sense mousepad, wich is the same brand!? :S:(

I think I am selling this and going back to microsoft. Even thoug it looks so sweet, with the colors, and it is great to held in your hand!... :(

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 01:15:56 am »
I've had the same problem before. I forget the exact model of mouse that I bought, but the mouse was certainly the cause of the problem. Unfortunately I didn't find a solution to the problem that didn't involve exchanging mice, but I didn't look to extensively either, so there may be another way of fixing it. If you use a Logitech mouse, try disabling the Logitech Control Center (or whatever it's called) that sits in your system tray and see if that helps.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 02:44:14 am »
The Logitech G5 does it (might be the mouse you had, xurich). Haven't found a fix for it, but I use an auto, so it doesn't really bother me much.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 01:53:06 pm »
Yeah that was the one I had: the G5. Cursed thing. Now I've got a nice LX3.

Offline Chebur

• Major(1)
  • RzR(tm)|
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 11:42:49 pm »
i've tried twitching polling rate, and it seems to be working for me. At least haven't got this "bug" for a few days already. Most of the modern mice got high polling rate... like about 1000 Hz. Try lowering it to 500 (which is standart for most modern non-gaming devices).
PS
Found it reading about some bugs in counter-strike caused by mouse... and found this advice... and my mouse is SS Ikari btw

Offline Schmidter

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 04:58:06 pm »
I fixed problem with Roccat Kone. Setting Polling Rate to 125 Hz made it go away! :)

Offline chazzer_

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 11:42:38 am »
I think its caused by lag. If your getting and holding the shhot button when u lag and let go they stay pressed

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 03:00:11 pm »
I've got Razer's Deathadder mouse. It's happening to me either but I think it's polling rate's fault, not lag's.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Splinter-Snake

• Soldier
  • One must die, and one must live.
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 03:02:00 pm »
It's not the mouse.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 04:49:44 pm »
So how would you explain that I had this bug even playing over the lan?
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline allex

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 11:19:24 pm »
I've played this for a long time and ever since I got the logitech G5 and higher I've had problems I think it could be either lag or maybe there game isn't updated to to take the mouse software???

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2009, 02:55:22 am »
If you lower the polling rate of the mouse, apparently it fixes the problem.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 06:26:47 am »
I doubt it is entirely the mouses fault, because buttons can jam too. But I wouldn't know beacause I only use one beige, bland Microsoft mouse.
Anyone play KOL?

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 06:52:50 am »
So why isn't it happening to me while playing other games? (COD4, CS) If buttons were jamming it would happen all the time.