Author Topic: Maid-Gathering  (Read 2142 times)

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Maid-Gathering
« on: December 14, 2008, 10:56:24 am »
A short movie (1:25 min) about myself gathering.

this is a quick movie I recorded on 1 day, so the kills are not super special.

Please comment about the movie, about what was bad and what I could have done better.

Examples:
The movies should consist of many short clips about single clips.
Long clips with long killing sprees.
important moments being successful.
More effects.
Less effects.

Please download it rather than streaming.
Download from zSHARE: 38.14MB Fast Download
Stream from Youtube: Stream High Quality
Stream from Youtube: Stream LowQuality
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 10:08:14 am by -Major- »

Offline Therier

• Soldier
Re: Maid-Gathering
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 12:13:52 pm »
Hmmh. Maid-Gathering? Is this that Maid who I know or am I wrong?

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 12:38:09 pm »
yes it's that Maid you know of ^^

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 06:50:27 pm »
Nice vid, the music goes well with it. Ya its just a frag movie but its good for what it is. :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 09:32:42 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Therier

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 04:40:42 am »
yes it's that Maid you know of ^^

Great! Nice to see that you have made little movie!

Video seems pretty OK with stream. Haven't downloaded it though so I can't say everything about it. (I'll download it later but can't do it now.) But it seems pretty good with effect balance. There is effects but not too much. So pretty OK.

I don't say anything about music in video yet.

If you are going to make new longer movie in future use your imagination. There can be frags but something other too. Some comedy, something new, what have not being in Soldat movies yet. Something new is always good. We have seen already frag-movies, there isn't anytihng new in something "Look at me, I'm so pro" -movies.

Example, latest fish movie what I saw was very good and different. It wasn't so similar to all frag movies which are so boring to watch.

So Maid, if you are going to make movie about yourself or something other, use your imagination and don't make it only frag movie, please don't be like others and disapoint me.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:42:25 am by Therier »

Offline Decaying Soldat

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 11:11:21 am »
I thought it was gonna be a vid about maids in soldat...

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 04:02:16 pm »
hehe, yeah, the movie was more of a test on how it worked with vegas 8. but what would you like to see? flag stealing (throws / last second steals), spawn camping, long sprees, etc. and also, should I stick to the same kind of music or use some other music style, or mix it all?

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 03:01:01 am »
Some nice kills in there

I admire your sawing :)

Player since late 2007

Offline Therier

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 03:23:16 am »
what would you like to see? flag stealing (throws / last second steals), spawn camping, long sprees, etc. and also, should I stick to the same kind of music or use some other music style, or mix it all?

I like metal music in movies but of course it isn't only good choise. It depends about the movie.

I would like to see something new something what makes me laugh something different. I don't want to see only pure skill. That isn't anything new. Everyone can own in Soldat if they just want that enough. Everyone can have their good times.

I would like to you maybe making some tricks. But not much because I have seen those much too. I would like too see some hilarious movie about you. That would be very nice. Don't make some too serious movie, try make it funny. Funny movies beat always the serious ones. And remember, don't use too much effects, if that isn't the way to make it funny.

And you Soldat guy could have some story in the movie? Maybe your Soldat "character" is the protagonist of the movie? So maybe your movie could tell why he is Soldier? Is he trying to save her girlfriend? Or have he meeted some misery and lost his interest to real life and he is now after his enemies? Or something like that? That would be more interesting than just random frags. Don't you think so?

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 03:39:35 am »
Metal is a great choise usually to movies, but if its metal just for because "well its brutal" it will lead to lameness.
Soundtrack holds the video together, if soundtrack sucks or simply just is unpleasant, it will ruin everything.

Its good to have first inspiration, design then soundtrack and finally the video material.

Offline Godefroy

• Major
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 02:02:18 pm »
Different music, but good. Like Smiluu said, "soundtrack holds the video together, if soundtrack sucks or simply just is unpleasant, it will ruin everything." Your soundtrack, in my opinion, held the video together. Good work.