Author Topic: inf Foundation (longer)  (Read 630 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
inf Foundation (longer)
« on: December 19, 2008, 07:14:28 pm »
The reason for using the name foundation is that this base is built rather into the foundation of this mountain. The 3 highlighted parts are OPC.

I would have continued on my merry little way with this map, but when playtesting it, found out that is was rather easy for Alpha to get into the base, even with nicely placed expert Bravo units. I suppose I should make more stuff between the little Alpha cover-structure and Bravo's base to give Bravo more of an area to defend, but I don't have the vision for it... What should I add?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 02:27:17 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Re: inf Foundation (ideas please)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 12:07:26 am »
Attached is my biggest problem with the layout of this map. The second image is my solution.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
inf Foundation (update)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 11:56:39 am »
But that was the point exactly... The one thing that I knew I was going to add eventually was a place where Alpha could snipe out defenders in those windows, thus giving Alpha invaders a chance to infiltrate.

If those blockers were there, Alpha might as well just walk into the base, as Bravo doesn't have much else to defend besides the bowl :-\. Tis a very nice idea, but it doesn't fit with my intended plan, but maybe I'll experiment with it a bit when I make the map a bit longer..

Thanks a bunch iDante, as I wasn't really expecting anyone to give feedback like that. I would take it more into consideration in any other circumstance.

Here's how I now continue. A little middle bunker to provide a small snipe-point for Alpha, and two more windows for Bravo. Still need to add yet another small place for Alpha to pick off Bravo units in the, now, middle bunker, but it might not be necessary as I will probably make sufficient cover for Alpha in the open areas:

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 01:04:43 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
Re: inf Foundation (longer)
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 11:45:05 pm »
wow! this will be nice!
is the map untextured?
can't wait to see the spawns
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade