Author Topic: -=[Hr]=-13 | Haunted Republic 13  (Read 2436 times)

Offline FamilyFarce

• Major
  • Asphyxia`
    • Asphyxia Forum
-=[Hr]=-13 | Haunted Republic 13
« on: December 19, 2008, 09:18:26 pm »
----Information/History----
Hr is a relatively new clan formed by a few school friends from Ontario, Canada trying to make an impression on the soldat community and with a roster of relatively of pretty active "unknown talents" I believe that we can do so. Without a server  until after the holidays we are usually found playing in random DM and CTF servers including "GameParty.cz Server" The "FinBits" Dm and Ctf servers and the "Funky DM" server among many other random servers. Teamwork is the biggest aspect of Hr no matter what the game situation is most of us rely on our ability to work as a good team.

Just of it
Clan Name: Haunted Republic 13
Soldat Clan Sense: November, 15 2008
Average Members Area: Canada
Clan Favorite Game Types: CTF and DM
Contact Information: Leaders Individual Emails
                                                 Stories Email: paynedunn@hotmail.com
                             Leaders Individual X-Fire Accounts
                                                 Stories X-Fire: familyfarce
                                                 FUNinomics X-Fire: randomvillian
                             Clan Ventrilo (pm or post if you really want the details)
                             IRC: #HauntedRepublic13

----Roster----

---Leaders---
Stories
FUNinomics
---Members---
EmoStan
The Code
SargentStoner
Protector`Yolo (inactive)
God Speed (inactive)

----Q And A----
Q: Where did the clan name Haunted Republic come from?
A: No Clue, We wanted something original so we decided on that

Q: Why the 13?
A: We wanted to make our tag more diverse

Q: Biggest aspect is teamwork? does that mean you all suck unless your playing with your clan?
A: Not at all. In our opinions teamwork is just the best thing to work on when being in a clan

Q: Why don't you have an irc or forums
A: Because IRC confuses the hell out of me and I'm far to lazy to make a forum right now

Q: How active is Hr?
A: Very active, theres few times where no one is on, except when we are at school

----Recruitment Info----
Hr is always looking for some skilled, nice and active members, if your interested in joining Hr post here or catch me or FUNinomics on X-fire either of us will play a game or two with you to see skills and such then a three or four day trial period for activity reasons then tada.

----Conclusion----
Thanks for reading, if you have any questions please ask. We hope to have a server or two some time early January.

i tried to be as formal as possible btw xD
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 10:41:14 pm by FamilyFarce »

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
Re: -=[Hr]=-13 | Haunted Republic 13
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 12:37:36 am »
A: Because IRC confuses the hell out of me and I'm far to lazy to make a forum right now

If you'd like help getting set up with IRC, feel free to ask. I'd be glad to help, and I really think that it would be worth your (and your clan's) time, as on it exists a huge clan-oriented Soldat community.

Regardless, good luck with your clan. :)

Offline FamilyFarce

• Major
  • Asphyxia`
    • Asphyxia Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 09:48:44 am »

If you'd like help getting set up with IRC, feel free to ask. I'd be glad to help, and I really think that it would be worth your (and your clan's) time, as on it exists a huge clan-oriented Soldat community.

Regardless, good luck with your clan. :)
Yes actually if you wouldn't mind that would be a great help i currently have IRC downloaded and instaled but am clueless on what to do with it
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 12:52:49 pm by FamilyFarce »

Offline xurich

• Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 02:29:23 pm »
By IRC, I assume that you mean mIRC, which is by far the most common IRC client used (so much so that it is often confused with IRC itself). If I'm correct, open mIRC, and you may see a box prompting you to pay for it. Just click continue or whatever (you'll never have to pay for mIRC, regardless of what the message says), and you might then see another window that asks you to fill in some other information, such as your full name, e-mail address, and main and alternative nicknames. If you don't see this window, skip this part.

You can put in anything for your full name and e-mail address; neither has to be real. Choose whatever nickname you'd like, and in the alternate box, put the nickname that you'd like to use if your main one is already taken. Afterwards, click "OK" at the bottom of the window.

You should then be on a pretty blank looking screen with not much going on yet. Type the following command into the blank text field at the bottom of the client and press enter (the window will look something like this):

/server irc.quakenet.org -j #sna.gather

This will connect you to QuakeNet (which is the network where the Soldat community resides), and it will automatically join you to #sna.gather (a popular Soldat channel). At this point you'll be able to chat and interact with other members of the community. You'll still want to know a few more things though, so once you're online and see people chatting, type this command and press enter:

/query xurich

This will open a private message window with me. Say hello and let me know who you are, and if I'm not AFK at the time I'll get back to you either immediately or within a short amount of time. From there, I'll be able to help you much more easily with the few other things that you'll want to know.

If any of this is at all confusing, please ask me to clarify and I'll try to do so. In addition, you might want to check out the Soldat Wiki's IRC tutorial, but I think it would be better for you to get the information first-hand.

Offline AlterEgo

• Major(1)
  • Alter Ego of Dman Pwning Sns
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 01:36:20 pm »
I have 24/7 CTF Public server. Many ppl comes and enjoys it, my clan died so i consider to run this server on some else clan tag. Send me Pm for more info. AoN|Public Server.