Author Topic: War Zone  (Read 11344 times)

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
War Zone
« on: June 10, 2006, 05:52:08 am »
War Zone

I made this mod more for the story rather than the modding itself. However due to a lack of time and ideas I have stopped making maps and therefore the story stopped. If people want me to continue with the story please say so and I will try to make more maps.

In this release I have not added my custom interface or my custom maps just as a taster. This mod only contains sounds, graphics and texts.

In-game Screenshots:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/i/Iridescent/37189/bbemiwajjd.jpg
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/i/Iridescent/37189/ejevonackg.jpg
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/i/Iridescent/37189/tbtcirbtlq.jpg

Weapons Screenshots:
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/i/Iridescent/37189/dpagslqznd.jpg
http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/i/Iridescent/37189/gpjbntyhpg.jpg
Names have been changed

The Story so far:

2120: Global warming takes a big step. Parts of the polar ice caps melt stopping the warm current running
from the Gulf of Mexico to Northern Europe. Polar ice caps then start to increase in size as temperature
drastically drops. Antarctica has grown and frozen most of South Africa and South America and completely
frozen Australia. While the arctic slowly freezes Northern Europe and Japan along with Eastern United States a world wide evacuation takes place sending people to Mars and Venus, the two closest colonised planets.
Earth has been abandoned except for a few million living just North of the equator in the Sahara desert,
which now has forests and is lish with life.

2125: Temperature on Earth stablises and it returns to be the center of the sector with the Senate situated there.
Colonising space has grown more important and humans have now colonised several solar systems.
There is now a race for planets. Large corporations fight to get a planet and take its resources,
however the Senate restore some order and introduce a law that states that any planets already inhabited by a
corporation is considered taken and cannot be fought over. Two corporations rose above the rest,
the Confederacy and the Nelthek Alliance each owning at least 10 planets.

2132: The Confederacy reported to the Senate that they believe that the Nelthek Alliance is experimenting on humans
in illegal ways. Confederacy troops have reported that Nelthek troops seem to lack a personality and seem to be
brainwashed. The Senate took immedeate action and sent investigation teams to several of Nelthek's major planets.
At first they got a lot of resistance, Nelthek argueing that they were developing new techonologies to beat the
Confederacy in 'the race'. The Senate signed an agreement that if they saw any new techonology they would not give
the information to the Confederacy. However this still didn't stop the resistance. Nelthek calimed that
the scientists were very nearly finished and that their work was very important and should not be disturbed.
The Senate got more suspicious and reinforced their investigative teams. They forced their way into
the labs and found several pieces of new technology which cannot be shown to anyone else.

2135: Rumours about Nelthek experimenting on rumours has started again, however this time not by the Confederacy.
This time people who had previsouly worked for Nelthek claimed that illegal activities have taken place inside the
labs. The Senate ignored this at first, but when an increased amount of reports of wierd behaviour by Nelthek soldiers
were sent by the Confederacy they started to look into it again. They found nothing, but gave the Confederacy a
list of planets it should look for a capture which could hold secret labs. They have a very high amount of
radiation and energy emission considering their size and popluation count. These planets are officially
held by Nelthek, but because they hold no resources the Senate have grown suspicious as why they are
so well defended with dozens of ships.

2140: Present day, the Confederacy is a day away from its assault on Caesa. You, a mere soldier, will play a part in this massive assault. Gear up and get ready for some boarding.

Gun Manufacturers:

NT = NelThek                     Supplies the Nelthek Alliance
LA = Light Arms                  Sector wide gun manufacturer
SAW = Sulphuric Acid Weaponry    Supplies The Confederacy
DK = Discreet Killing            Sector wide gun manufacturer
PGL = Portable Grenade Launcher
PMG = Portable Machine Gun
PMS = Portable Missile System

Download:
http://files.filefront.com/War_Zonerar/;5133675;;/fileinfo.html  <--Main mod
http://files.filefront.com/weaponsini/;5191250;;/fileinfo.html  <--Newest weapons.ini file

I will be adding the mod to my site in the next few days.

Enjoy!

Edit: I have now added three in-game screen shots showing the guns and the new dead dot and registered marker. I have also put up the new more balanced weapons.ini file.

Nearly forgot: I did not make gun 4. It is an edited version of someone else's if they can please tell me who they are I can give proper credit.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 09:15:10 am by Iridescent »
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
Re: War Zone
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 08:39:24 am »
Needs more shading.Awesome work

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 10:23:20 am »
I wanna see the weapons-gfx, the ingame guns.
I dont care about interfaces :P as long as they look like the guns shading doesnt matter (still good though)

Offline BondJamesBond

• Flagrunner
    • http://tobylands.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 11:28:55 am »
like the colorfullness
The computer is a moron.
?  - Peter Drucker

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 12:26:28 pm »
The sounds should be a little bit louder.
And I don't care for the interface Guns .Game matters the most to me and with this mod I seem to beat up every n00b on the soldat planet, hheeehehe

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 03:43:59 pm »
Ok, I will try to shade some more and post some in-game pics.
Sadly I've lost my weapons.ini file and have to redo that.
I'm also waay too tired to do any work now, so I'll try tomorrow if I'm not revising.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 03:46:25 pm »
Nice story. *downloads*

Keep providing information for mission ideas.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 05:30:33 pm »
Very colorful.  Are they a little small?

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 10:47:16 pm »
Your interface weapons are too small and too bright. Trying messing with the contrast/brightness.

Offline swebonny

• Camper
  • BUahh...
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 10:51:26 pm »
Hohoh...i like apocalyptic storyies :D:D:D

The guns are a nother story thogt...

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 03:12:34 am »
i like the guns, they are all alien blaster sorta things...i dint read the story, cause quite frankly i have a headache and i dont want to read...but the guns look great
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 11:53:40 am »
Nice, looks like a futuristic version with the same stylings of the original soldat weapons.

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 04:22:08 am »
First of all sorry about the huge delay for the new update but I've been surprisingly lazy since the holiday started.
Anyway the new stuff. Three new screenshots showing what it is like in-game. I've added a new weapons.ini file which balances the weapons further.
I will post the first mission along with the second today. I might release a third today but I doubt it. Please check back shortly as they should be done by today.

Thank you all for the support and comments.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 02:13:47 pm by Iridescent »
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 04:41:35 am »
Your style remind's me of an old Vltava. Love it. No objections.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2006, 07:10:52 am »
Ok, sorry about the delay on the maps. Because of my terrible mapping skills I have given rights to Foley to make the maps for me. I have seen several of his maps and they all look really good. Hopefully he can make these well and elevate the mod.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 12:35:54 pm »
I know!!! You could add a background to the weapons menu and weapon interface-gfx

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 04:16:06 am »
Ah, good idea. But which file do I edit to change that?
I just want to change the weapons menu though.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 10:48:13 am »
"back.bmp" ...
Fix and disable this "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE" It's a harmful trojan.

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 12:55:29 pm »
War Zone is recieving some changes. Foley and I have been changing sounds and graphics to make it sound and look a lot better as I admit the last version was poor.
I'm glad to let you know that the spas will sound like a shotgun rather than a grunt.
If you could post scenarios that you would like in the game. Maybe even a few new guns (I can make one of those editors).
Foley and I will see if we can complete your requests.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline MorlanV

• Major(1)
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 08:54:46 am »
Use photobucket.com. your screenshot's say they are forbidden >_<