Author Topic: Gamedamage  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
Gamedamage
« on: December 28, 2008, 11:05:59 pm »

Anyone who frequent's the Escapist magazine website will know about  Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation, A series of reviews on games that are purely for your enjoyment. The rants, the opinions, the fast talking All are reasons why it is so popular.

Not many people know, but there's a website called Australian gamer that has some pretty interesting podcasts done by two people called Matt and Yug. They usually ramble about games and general crap.
how does any of this matter and why should you be interested?

The two groups, Zero Punctuation and Australian gamer have joined forces to create Game damage. A top gear Esq show about the gaming culture and what you, as a gamer, should be interested in. It is a combination of humour, games, sometimes wit, but mostly crap talking.
Give it a watch. and post your opinion and first thoughts about the show and if you'd like to see it become a full series.

Watch

Personally, I think that they are a little rough around the edges, mainly due to them not feeling comfortable on camera yet. I've seen/ heard both Yathzee's and Australian gamer for a while now and they never sound like they do in the video. I think it has the potential to become a really good show, they just need to find what works for them.
Give it a watch and post what you think :D
Lol, internets.

Offline Ricrylonten

• Major
Re: Gamedamage
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 11:30:21 pm »
ahahaha no way this will ever work. Yahtzee looks like he was born with his lips upside down, he probably couldn't smile to save his life. Not to mention that he is as vapid and absolutely one-dimensional as a human being can get. Jesus christ this whole thing is just so awkward to watch. *YAHTZEE TALKS* *FAT GUY GIGGLES* *GAME DAMAGE LOGO* rinse and repeat rinse and repeat rinse and repeat.

no offense dude really but come on yahtzee should just go back to making games.

before anyone comments on it by the way EXCUSE ME I AM GONNA GO MAKE MORE NEGATIVE POSTS
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 11:35:15 pm by Ricrylonten »

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 11:47:08 pm »
This is pretty lame

it's just a mash up of all the last things in the world that concern me.  (as a casual gamer)
also Zero Punctuation fails hard.

Player since late 2007

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 09:00:36 am »
Yahtzee is incapable of liking a game and it sort of ruins the show. It certainly doesn't have the top gear personality. The best actor was the Master Chief guy acting like the stig (kind of).

The sketches wore out the laughs pretty quickly. They should be spread out throughout the episodes, rather they all came together like giant clumps of salt.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 09:56:20 am »
Yeah I came across this...

It isn't anything special. It's just Yahtzee and two spastics talking about obvious truths. Yahtzee is the star of the show but he is more about witty sneering than anything else.

Though you can't say it was any worse than any other gaming programmes. Gaming programmes are all worthless.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 03:16:45 pm »

It isn't anything special. It's just Yahtzee and two spastics talking about obvious truths. Yahtzee is the star of the show but he is more about witty sneering than anything else.

Though you can't say it was any worse than any other gaming programmes. Gaming programmes are all worthless.

you dare insult gamesmaster and the national treasure, his holiness

dominik diamond!?!?!?!?!?????????!!!!!!?

>:(>:(>:(>:(

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 03:17:39 pm »
I thought it was pretty decent for a pilot. If they get sponsors and proper funding, it could be brilliant.

Question is if they have enough material to keep the episodes interresting.
Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline LtKillroy

• Flagrunner
  • Killroy was here
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 03:52:12 pm »
I keep wanting to shout STOP LAUGHING AT YOUR OWN JOKES! If they think this was funny, they were wrong. I got about 8 minutes in (the thing from Fuzzy Eye) and couldn't keep watching it. Zero Punctuation makes me laugh, this did not.
L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 04:03:21 pm »
Zeropunctuation never made me laugh in the first place. It's not fucking funny at all [just like how XKCD is just a bunch of facts that the nerd wannabes in my school laugh at because it's the groupie thing to do].
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 05:22:37 pm »
f**k

i just watched this

big pile of pomp

f**king hell thats s**t

i closed it after the first shitty joke

which was the first one

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 05:26:43 pm »

you dare insult gamesmaster and the national treasure, his holiness

dominik diamond!?!?!?!?!?????????!!!!!!?

>:(>:(>:(>:(

Ok, with the exception of GamesMaster... but that's on completely different level anyway.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 05:32:12 pm »
I love ZP and all, but I just can't see how they expect anyone to be entertained by this, let alone fund it and put it on the air. They're trying to do too many things at once and failing miserably at each of them. The script was lame, the "Australian Gamers" were worse than a fucking laugh track, and they never said anything about a game that you couldn't tell by looking at the back of the box.

Even the staunchest of fans can only defend it with "Well, it's just a pilot. You can't expect it to be as good as if they had some actual funding". The problem is, with a product this mediocre it's never going to get past the "shitty pilot" stage.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 07:31:12 pm »
christ man this was horrible
come on we get it duke nukem forever is never coming stop overusing jokes that are 6 years old for christ's sake. also the jokes are barely funny, and yahtzee is just HMM SEMI-CYNICAL SNEER - BLOND LAUGHS - YATHZEE INSULTS BLOND etc etc etc
and even that matt dude was pretty boring to listen to, a waste of my half an hour :q
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline Pie

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 07:48:31 pm »
I should of mentioned it was a pilot...

No doubt it will improve.
Even the staunchest of fans can only defend it with "Well, it's just a pilot. You can't expect it to be as good as if they had some actual funding". The problem is, with a product this mediocre it's never going to get past the "shitty pilot" stage.
That's a decent point. Maybe someone out there will see the potential it has. I think it's not necessarily aimed at gamers alone, but the general public as well. (Obviously the jokes on the pilot would of been pretty obscure for someone not aware of what was going on) I think that they need to amp it up a little, make it more entertaining. Personally, I thought that they were on the right track, they just need to focus on one thing at a time more so. At the very least I found it more entertaining then Gamespot's On the spot. Most of that is utter crap, you'd also find out everything they tell you by reading the back of a box, just that box doesn't exist yet.

Zeropunctuation never made me laugh in the first place. It's not fucking funny at all [just like how XKCD is just a bunch of facts that the nerd wannabes in my school laugh at because it's the groupie thing to do].
I only used to laugh at ZP for a while, now it's become more of an entertaining thing then a piss myself laughing thing.

I'm not defending it as a whole, some parts were rubbish, but some were good, they just need to find out what works and what's good, then use those parts.
Lol, internets.