Author Topic: Am I improving?  (Read 1229 times)

DarkCrusade

Am I improving?
« on: January 10, 2009, 03:37:07 am »
Hi there, made just 10mins ago this 3 swords you can see in the attachment below, my question is, if you like them and if I am improving and should go on with making new weapons, I hope for answers!

btw: this are the weapons which would be shown in the interface :)

EDIT: Added the knife :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 04:49:56 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
Re: Am I improving?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 04:46:18 pm »
They're waaaaaaay too big for soldat, and gradient shading is never the answer.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 05:36:46 pm »
They need a glow around them to be somewhat good.

And yeah, they are HUGE.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 04:00:04 am »
They're waaaaaaay too big for soldat, and gradient shading is never the answer.
-

You have base pictures? If not you should

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 05:09:41 am »
When I saw the title of this topic immediately your nickname pop-up in my mind...sad thing Is I was right.

Seriously, focus more on time. You're just rushing which doesn't make good effect on the weapons and on opinion about you.

You made few days ago some low quality pokemon mod and now you made something which doesn't fit the soldat theme and asking if you have improved. Even saw you somewhere flaming that poor guy for making a weapons.ini mod.

Everything what you made in this topic has got weird shapes and the shading is simple. Yeaaah, hell an improve !

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 09:46:38 am »
The fact that you needed to ask us says that you aren't sure if you are improving or not.

You need to practice, take a photo of a gun and try to recreate it in soldat size using pixels, first the shape and then the shading. Do that 20 times and you might improve and refine your technique.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 12:46:47 pm »
To go away from the partial malicious chitchat I say, that you are right, Dairy, I need to improve with that all, I am taking time for it and I hope to get better, thanks for your motivating criticism :)

@Mangled: Hmmm, good idea with the photos, I am doing the weapons with 800% zoom and then pixel by pixel the shape and so on like in a good tutorial I saw her somewhere around, I will go on posting my weapons and ask someone who has more experience with making weapons, because I am newbie at making them, that is because I ask whether I have been improving and that´s why I will go on this way, I am hoping, that everyone understands this 8)

Well ... see ya around ;D

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 06:26:42 pm »
On that note, I realized too that you don't need two separate threads dealing with what can be accomplished with just one. Locked.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0