Poll

be able to move soldat window in windowed mode?

NO F11 :(
YES F12 :D

Author Topic: move windowed mode?  (Read 1076 times)

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
move windowed mode?
« on: December 26, 2008, 07:21:14 am »
It would be nice to be able to move your windowed soldat. if you don't have fullscreen it's stuck in the middle of the screen.
If I for example wanted to see my msn to te right, I could drag my soldat window to the left.
know what I mean?

edit: problem solved
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 08:47:04 am by homerofgods »

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: move windowed mode?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 07:38:08 am »
I like this idea. Although I personally like my Soldat fullscreen (to be exact, windowed 100%) or at least be in the middle, I think some players do like to "multitask" a bit and therefore would want to move their Soldat somewhere else.

On the other hand, some players do not want to accidentally move their Soldat window when they've found the perfect position. So perhaps there could be an option whereby you can fix your Soldat to the position and cannot be moved. Also, I wouldn't want to see an "X" that would make you exit from the game, I don't want to end up accidentally clicking that and close my Soldat in the middle of a good game for any reason such as a crappy mouse.

F12 anyway.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 07:40:35 am by STM1993 »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 08:25:10 am »
agree, it had to be a special thing you would have to do to move it, and not something you could do accidentally.

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 01:21:19 pm »
I think it would be a good idea for some people but other people might find it annoying if they accidently move it.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 05:14:09 pm »
You can already move the Windowed mode screen. When not in a game, click the 'Soldat' text label on the top right corner and drag it around. Has been there since the dawn of time.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 05:26:58 pm »
my apologies. problem solved then

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 01:10:45 am »
You can already move the Windowed mode screen. When not in a game, click the 'Soldat' text label on the top right corner and drag it around. Has been there since the dawn of time.

Actually no, this will move the menu around but not the actual area when you are playing the game. It will always centre itself.
If I move my menu around so that corner (0, 0) is the same top left coordinate on my desktop, the window will re-centre itself when i start playing.

I run windowed @ 80% resize.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 01:52:18 am »
If you don't use the window resizing, it won't centre itself.

However, I use resizing, and I would love to be able to move the window around.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 02:07:00 am »
Crap, I,m the only one who voted for f11 xD. Well, I don't think it's THAT neccessary to move around soldat...
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Godefroy

• Major
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 02:13:53 am »
Works fine for me. Thanks, Enesce.

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 02:18:01 am »

Aha! I see. I can see why though. In a lot of cases you would start the game with a resize, and half of it would be cutoff.. Because of that, I think its better not to move around a resized window.
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 04:09:19 am »

Aha! I see. I can see why though. In a lot of cases you would start the game with a resize, and half of it would be cutoff.. Because of that, I think its better not to move around a resized window.

Well if you increase Soldat's resolution (making sure you have 0% resize), it does NOT centre, and you can easily start a game with some of the window cut off.

Besides, why shouldn't we be able to drag the window around? It can't be that hard to add a frame to the game window (not that I'd know).

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 08:08:47 am »
f12 agreed and im back from bein away!
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline pavliko

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • >‿‿◕
    • Offical TTW Community
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 09:30:37 am »
well F12...sometimes I'm stuck with that window and i cant move it :S so it annoys a bit
The safest thing to do is jumping out of a plane!