Poll

Your opinion

F11
F12

Author Topic: Auto kill snapshot  (Read 1182 times)

Offline chutem

• Veteran
Auto kill snapshot
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:03:03 pm »
Kinda like the snapshot thing that has been implemented for 1.5, but the other way round, as in, it automatically saves a picture of your screen when you kill someone.

It could save automatically every time you kill, or save on the press of a button (one press of course, not like the one for 1.5 where you press F5 to see what the shot is like, then press F5 again to save) as an option somewhere.

I think people would rather save good moments of them killing rather then dieing, don't you?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 08:05:31 pm by chutem »
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
Re: Auto kill snapshot
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 04:46:30 am »
You should be able to set this option in settings. F12, I like it anyways.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 05:13:34 am »
Considering that the game will freeze for 1 second every time you take a screenshot, do you really want it to do that every time you die or kill someone?

Offline Ellimist

• Major(1)
  • Ingame Nick: dashd-sh1
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 06:00:59 am »
Also you will have a folder with absolutly shitloads of screenshots :-\
you will have to look through all of these to find the one you want :(

Offline a fool

• Major
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 07:03:50 am »
Use F4... you can take screen shots with that.
F12 for when you kill people
F11 for instant-screen shot, it already exist.
Verily!

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 07:17:46 am »
Considering that the game will freeze for 1 second every time you take a screenshot, do you really want it to do that every time you die or kill someone?

He has a really really really good point you know :D
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 04:57:00 pm »
Well that's gay.
There's no way to get around it? RAM? Idk.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 10:12:39 pm »
You will definitely freeze after a screenshot, that's the sad truth. I'd rather press F4 manually.

Also, in 1.5 there's going to be a new "kill snapshot" function, where you can choose to press a certain button to take the screenshot.

Offline Lt. Sprizz

• Major
  • I'm sorry if I offended you.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 10:29:24 pm »
 I don't know. I would say that first off you would have to make it an option at the beginning of a game, and then to prevent a s**tload of pics in ur folder, I would say that after the game is over, if you could press like F4 or something, then the pics would get saved.
This way, you don't miss the pics you want to keep, but if you know that there was nothing spectacular in that match u want to show off, you can just not save it.
"I am Jack's lack of surprise..." ~(Tyler Durden)
-=::SPOILER::=-
Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are the same person...:)
In-game: \Biz|Niz/

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 10:39:43 pm »
You will definitely freeze after a screenshot, that's the sad truth. I'd rather press F4 manually.

Also, in 1.5 there's going to be a new "kill snapshot" function, where you can choose to press a certain button to take the screenshot.
Which saves a picture of you dieing, not of you killing. It is more practical because it doesn't matter if your screen stops for ~1 second, but I would rather have pictures of me killing.

And the point of an auto snapshot is that it saves the exact moment the bullet penetrates and kills the enemy, something you just can't do yourself.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 05:44:10 am »
Which saves a picture of you dieing, not of you killing. It is more practical because it doesn't matter if your screen stops for ~1 second, but I would rather have pictures of me killing.

And the point of an auto snapshot is that it saves the exact moment the bullet penetrates and kills the enemy, something you just can't do yourself.

In that case, then it should be an option. But I'd like this option to be selectable ingame rather than having to go outside of Soldat and set the config or going to the options.