Author Topic: ctf_Oracle (waypointed)  (Read 29878 times)

Offline Vltava

• Camper
  • Mr Avocado
Re: ctf_Oracle (waypointed)
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2006, 09:36:53 pm »
I did look into your waypointing, but I've finally got my own "style" down, and it works well (inf_Sofo), but thanks for your guide and help, anyways. As for the map, I finally got around to playing it thanks to Keron Cyst, and it's larger than I thought. Quite fun, but more spots to hide would be pleasant.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2006, 09:43:19 pm »
Ooh, YES!
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline TrmD

• Soldier
  • Barefoot in Baltimore
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2006, 10:55:07 am »
You are a mapping god...

*dowloading*
Sit with the guru

Offline $kyThunder

• Major(1)
  • Make Love Not War
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2006, 05:59:09 am »
Anna czy ty jesteś polką ???Jeśli tak to super!!
AND I like that map :) Very .Its very nice
--------------------------------------
Love Love Love
All You Need Is Love
All You Need Is Love
Love Is All You Need
Love Love Love

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2018, 02:09:35 pm »
WOW! This map is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Looks great as 4vs4 - 5vs5 map! I wish there'd be a down-scaled 3v3 version of this! Seriously this looks like it's out of fucking Tomb Raider! :D

Only thing I dislike is the stairs in the middle section, rather it'd be one slope instead.
And also, I think the texture was changed within 1.7.1, It doesn't display the one in the pics in this thread anymore. :(
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 02:15:27 pm by nosejj »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2018, 12:23:30 am »
WOW! This map is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! Looks great as 4vs4 - 5vs5 map! I wish there'd be a down-scaled 3v3 version of this! Seriously this looks like it's out of fucking Tomb Raider! :D

Only thing I dislike is the stairs in the middle section, rather it'd be one slope instead.
And also, I think the texture was changed within 1.7.1, It doesn't display the one in the pics in this thread anymore. :(

It really is a pretty map. What's even crazier is how the download link in the original post http://individual.utoronto.ca/caek/ctf_oracle.zip all the way from 2006 still works, 12 years after the fact and probably 10 years after Anna left us. That's some serious lack of link rot.
There are other worlds than these

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2018, 02:12:46 am »
So I tried to point my finger at what exactly bothers me in this map, and what do I think will make it a better map and suitable for competitive 3vs3.

1) It must be downsized. the scale is too big for 3vs3 setting.
2) The lower routes have to be mirrored, my illustration shows only 1 spot that should be equalized. by the whole route should be mirrored.
3) The textures were beautiful, and now probably replaced. I don't see these beautiful bricks anymore.

I really hope some pro mapper picks this map up and fixes it.

Here's the illustration for some more suggestions.