Author Topic: cg mod with sdk+models  (Read 2196 times)

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
cg mod with sdk+models
« on: August 07, 2006, 04:26:49 am »
Crimson Glory Mod
Hello all,
Now anyone that follows what Michal Marchinowski says about crimson glory is that there will only be planes at first, but he will release a sdk for making cars and tanks and other stuff. Im guessing that when you make a sdk it will be your own version of the game and not backwards compatible with other servers running crimson glory, only the ones running your sdk. So, I was thinking that we might as well get a bunch of people together and set up a decentralized community for the first full mod of crimson glory.I dont plan to be leader, nor anyone to be leader of this project, decentralizing is good) I have done a bit of thinking, and probably vehicles will be at (spawnpoints?) so, making a mod with a large amount of vehicles to start off would be great. Here are some vehicles i was thinking off(just basic names, obviously by car or plane I mean multiple types of each. and under it, lists of other items.

Vehicles
  • Planes...
  • Cars
  • Bicycles
  • Motorcycles
  • Helicopters
  • Tanks
  • Rockets(kamikaze vehicle that you steer into a group maybe :D)
  • Skateboards, Scooters, and all that good stuff
  • Jetpacks!
  • Four wheelers, dirtbikes and other stuff like that
  • Boats, jetski's, and other water things
  • Submarines!
Also there should be various orientations to time age for mappers to have complete control, with orientation such as old style from medieval ages, to now and some futuristic **** too.

Some weapon groups
  • Single shot
  • Autos...
  • Melee
  • Guided(not sure if it will be possible)
  • Healing (weapons?!?)
  • Mounted weapons
  • Weapons that are damageable
  • Weapons that run out of ammo
  • Ammo boxes
  • Pickups
  • Weapons such as smoke bombs
  • NUKES
Other ideas(not sure if some of them are possible)
  • Destructable items
  • Destructable ground
  • Teamchat(maybe yes maybe no)
  • Triggers :D
  • Whatever anyone else thinks of thats cool

Alright now we all have an idea of what im trying to get across. Once again, I do not want there to be admins on this project. I would wish that people could contribute what they wish and the community decides what is good and what is not. It keeps everything changing quickly and stuff gets done faster.

Here are some tools to work with:
  • http://www.blender3d.org:A free 3d modeling program. Works Great!
  • http://www.delgine.com/:A free 3d modeler and level editor in one. Prefer blender to it for modeling but crimson glory will use DeleD for its level editing, so its all good.
  • http://www.gimp.org/:A free image manipulation program. Can create photoshop quality pictures, just different parts of layout they are in to do the same thing :)
Here are some websites for tuts:

Keep in mind we will need to deveop the sdk also so if you can program or can write scripts,you can hang tight until it is released and then contribute.

If you are not sure what you can do, and have tried drawing things and that doesn't work for you, and you cannot write scripts. Well just think of the things you like in a game/or want in game and post them. It helps everyone if we have an idea of what this is going to be instead of having crimson glory come out and all we have is a bunch of models and textures but we have no sense of direction.

Anyways all the best, post what you want...

EDIT:i added tuts
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 08:20:01 pm by jettlarue »

Offline 13579

• Soldier
  • &Totse-13579
Re: cg mod with sdk+models
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 05:29:21 am »
So how exactly do we (will we) edit crimpson glory? is all you need to so is set the images the person will see from each angle?

I'm a bit confused.......

Offline swebonny

• Camper
  • BUahh...
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 06:27:41 am »
Well that will be cool^^ Hope the sdk will be easy :D

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 08:04:52 am »
Ive already started making a X-Wing in blender. Also, make the subject with some caps and stuff, to make people actually read this, and not think that it's just some noob asking for mods.

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 09:33:03 am »
You guys making mod to game what is not even ready? Correct me if im wrong...

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 10:10:51 am »
I'd correct you but you're not wrong. This is almost like how people were preparing 2 team gostek mods for 1.3.

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 02:16:33 pm »
Well I as mofonofo said, I don't want this to sound like I am asking for other peoples stuff to take there credit. Just thought it would be easier since modeling is much harder in my opinion that gosteks, to organize some into one place.
You guys making mod to game what is not even ready? Correct me if im wrong...
Well a lot of people made mods for half life 2 before it came out and some other games. We already have a general idea, just to basically make some models for various things. When you finish something and would like to put it here, can you please render it and post the jpg along with the model file. I will try to work on some models. All the best.

Offline Anubis

• Camper
  • The End is Near
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 03:21:38 pm »
Forgive me for askin but i've been livin under a rock,....so wtf is Sdk??.....and CG?.......

Offline 13579

• Soldier
  • &Totse-13579
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 05:40:22 pm »
I downloaded blender and i have no idea what the FCUK TO DO!!!!

TOO MANY OPTIONS!!! HOW THE HELL DOES IT WORK!?!?!?!?

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 08:03:45 pm »
Forgive me for askin but i've been livin under a rock,....so wtf is Sdk??.....and CG?.......
sdk is a software development kit. it is used to make scripts or programs that another program reads and runs. CG is shorthand for crimson glory, read in the official news about it.

I downloaded blender and i have no idea what the FCUK TO DO!!!!

TOO MANY OPTIONS!!! HOW THE HELL DOES IT WORK!?!?!?!?
start off by reading some tutorial s on them. there are a couple sites i know that have tuts for things. ill post the links in my first post.

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 01:45:35 am »
Yay for this not having to do with soldat in any way shape or form!

I think it's a bit too early to be worried about the SDK, i wanna know about the game itself.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 02:28:32 am »
13788789723, use wikipedia.

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 06:53:05 am »
I'm a terrible modeller. Is there anything I could do?
Like changing the coding, e.g. stats.
However if it will be like Soldat then I wouldn't really have to do anything.

A question, is this just mod anything into whatever we want or are we making a themed mod?
Star Wars would be cool as Mofo is already making an x-wing.
I'd love to join a team and get to do the coding part.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 06:59:41 am »
Well, until mm releases crimson glory or the sdk, its kindof hard to script anything. You could write psuedocode if you want. And im not really sure if this is themed, I think it would provide more flexiblity if any theme was allowed, and then they were organized and able to download individual themes or the whole pack. It would definately help for standardization instead of different sdk code for 10 different themes, when we could just standarize the sdk code and have themes individual. A decentralized network of themes, but centralized code.

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 07:02:37 am »
psuedocode?
Well, its hard to do anything until the game is released because we don't know model size yet either.
I could do preliminary coding. Basically find out how everything should handle and work, write it down. When I am able to code I can easily stick it all in.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 07:04:42 am »
models can easily be resized in almost any modelling program. and mm hasn't released any specs about cg yet, so really psuedocode is all i really can think of at the moment. although i have been awake for the last 40 hours also :D