Author Topic: 2 Major good suggestions for improvements *a must read*  (Read 951 times)

Offline conobie123

• Major(1)
2 Major good suggestions for improvements *a must read*
« on: January 11, 2009, 10:30:09 am »
 OK i have 2 good ideas the first one i i believe would give more meaning for players to no to die to often

1) create a statistics page in which the players can see there total kills and deaths, "not accounted against bots" and then you can upload your stats to the server to enter into a leaderboard or something.

2) is a game mode, can either be an improvement on realistic or a new mode all together. I was thinking such as the players starts with all secondary weapons,however to obtain a primary weapon they must pick it up from a random respawn, also the weapon has minimal ammo to reduce possible campers so they will eventually have to go and get a new weapon. i believe this will encourage people to utilise there secondary weapons more, and cherish what they have which i believe is the key to survival. It would possibly also reduce the amount of no obs using a particular weapon i.e. "m79 no ob" and it will not give the chance for players to spam no ob as that person will only get there "weapon of choice"  if they can find it, also for this game mode possibly introduce  ammo crates.

Discuss my ideas and tell me what you think

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: 2 Major good suggestions for improvements *a must read*
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 10:55:03 am »
1) create a statistics page in which the players can see there total kills and deaths, "not accounted against bots" and then you can upload your stats to the server to enter into a leaderboard or something.

It can be done with scripting, but server-based only. There's also a program that records your kills, not so sure for deaths.

2) is a game mode, can either be an improvement on realistic or a new mode all together. I was thinking such as the players starts with all secondary weapons,however to obtain a primary weapon they must pick it up from a random respawn, also the weapon has minimal ammo to reduce possible campers so they will eventually have to go and get a new weapon. i believe this will encourage people to utilise there secondary weapons more, and cherish what they have which i believe is the key to survival.

1. Start with Secondary Weapons
That's the same as Advanced Mode.

2. Obtain a Primary from a random respawn
Something similar in Advanced mode. The more you kill, the more Primary weapons available when you respawn. But die too often, you'd lose the Primary weapons. If I'm not wrong, your idea can be done by scripting.

3. "Minimal ammo to reduce possible campers so t hey will eventually have to go and get a new weapon"
That means limited ammo, which reduces spraying as well. That is ALREADY possible by scripting. As for ammo crates, I'm not so sure whether its possible or not.

It would possibly also reduce the amount of noobs using a particular weapon i.e. "m79 noob" and it will not give the chance for players to spam noob as that person will only get their "weapon of choice"  if they can find it, also for this game mode possibly introduce ammo crates.

Nothing wrong with using a particular weapon. It allows a person to practice on using his gun better. How is that noob?

Random guns forces players to have to be more versatile in their weapon usage, that's okay.

All in all, these suggestions need not be implemented. It can be done with scripting. F11.

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 11:21:44 am »
1)statistics for all matches ever played in soldat?
good idea. here is the advanced one: player's profile. i think i don't need to explain...

2)hmm have you ever played Quake3 ?)) this system is from there...
weapon spawns, ammo boxes... +usual medikits)))
like a separate mode? hell YES!
but i dont like the only thing: random respawn :-\
what is it? mode of catching random weapons at random places :| ?
there must be CONSTANT places where spawns weapon #1 or weapon #2. am i right?

Nothing wrong with using a particular weapon. It allows a person to practice on using his gun better. How is that noob?
^thats absolutely right!

so constant places and not so random weapons - i really see it as the new game-mode :)

overall vote: F12 !
i wish MM see this page ;D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:36:06 am by Ragnaros »

Offline SniperTheKiller

• Major
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 11:53:29 am »
I think he meant weap crates pairdroop, in which there 'd be alot dependable by luck...or skill wia with all weaps.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 01:19:11 pm »
I like the first one (because a server side stat tracker isn't really impressive anywhere else), but the second one seems too luck based. Why should someone who gets a weapon that's good for the map spawned on him have an advantage? How is restricting choice fun? Sure, it'd be server side, but all that would mean is a few good servers would then be worse for the use of it.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline conobie123

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 01:26:39 pm »
"Nothing wrong with using a particular weapon. It allows a person to practice on using his gun better. How is that noob?"

i meant it would recuce the amount of exscuses for people to call them noobs :) because there not always using the same weapon thats the person claims he is a noob for, and still owning him.
---------------------------------------
oh and with idea 1 i meant "player profile" just didnt phrase it correctly

"All in all, these suggestions need not be implemented. It can be done with scripting. F11."

then implement them "with scripting"..... its like saying to a building planner no need to add a new window it can be done with cutting a hole in the wall.

you have just stated how it can be done, but have not mentioned that it has not been done
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 01:29:44 pm by conobie123 »

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 05:40:12 pm »
"Nothing wrong with using a particular weapon. It allows a person to practice on using his gun better. How is that noob?"

i meant it would recuce the amount of exscuses for people to call them noobs :)

So what you're basically suggesting is pandering to the whiners.

Brilliant.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline conobie123

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 05:47:47 pm »
1)statistics for all matches ever played in soldat?
good idea. here is the advanced one: player's profile. i think i don't need to explain...

2)hmm have you ever played Quake3 ?)) this system is from there...
weapon spawns, ammo boxes... +usual medikits)))
like a separate mode? hell YES!
but i dont like the only thing: random respawn :-\
what is it? mode of catching random weapons at random places :| ?
there must be CONSTANT places where spawns weapon #1 or weapon #2. am i right?

^thats absolutely right!

so constant places and not so random weapons - i really see it as the new game-mode :)

overall vote: F12 !
i wish MM see this page ;D

random or situated would be equally as good