Author Topic: m79 - Grenade Launcher  (Read 1048 times)

Offline vladdark

• Major(1)
m79 - Grenade Launcher
« on: January 12, 2009, 12:48:53 am »
Well, first of all, sorry about my english. It's bad, but I guess most of you guys will understand.

So, there was a bug with grenade bullets (BulletStyle=2) who only happen on Soldat Server mode. In the normal Soldat (offline), if you change the bullet of any weapon (e.g. m79) to frag grenade, the bullet will behavior like a grenade; but with a difference: that grenade will NOT damage you in contact (But splash damage will), and will only explode after the "grenade-clock" or in contact with an enemy.

However, in Soldat Server the behaviour is kinda buggy. Well, if the grenade touch the player, wil hurt him and he will lose some HP, but the grenade DOESN'T explode (wtf), it will stay in the ground until the "grenade-clock" finish and it blow up, and the explosion doesn't hurt (It's like the grenade doesn't exist after hurt your creator).

Furthermore, each grenade-bullet will waste 1 bullet of the weapon and 1 normal frag grenade. If the player doesn't have any frag grenades, the granade-bullet simply doesn't hurt at all.

Soooo, my question is: there is a way to prevent this bug?

Thanks to read all that messy text, please, somebody answer me... (PS.: I searched before on that forum and don't found anything like that)

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Re: m79 - Grenade Launcher
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 01:13:41 am »
no.

There are a lot of strange things that happen when you play with weapons.ini, as I'm sure you know. This is probably hard-coded into soldat somewhere and would take a bit of work to fix, that could be better spend in other places.

Offline vladdark

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 01:00:37 pm »
Well, thanks anyway. =/

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 01:04:44 pm »
well, i think you mean the "lagnade" that is when the thrown nade hits an enemy hurting him, but not exploding but continuing its path (and sometimes killing an other enemy)

it is like eating, nothing you can do about that
i think
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.