Author Topic: Be able to shoot knife further or away from you.  (Read 760 times)

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
Be able to shoot knife further or away from you.
« on: January 12, 2009, 11:20:03 pm »
Well I was thinking, what if you were able to shoot your knife further towards someone if it was going to miss them? Or shoot the knife more down or up, etc. Or if the enemy who has a knife coming towards them be able to shoot the knife towards a different destination away from them.

Or what if you were able to shoot your knife you have thrown fast towards someone to give it a better and stronger impact.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
Re: Be able to shoot knife further or away from you.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 11:36:46 pm »
nah, if you throw a knife and they start spraying you they might hit the knife and it misses

and why would you need a stronger impact?, it doesn't really need any more power.  all it'd do is make the knife less accurate

Player since late 2007

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 01:56:05 am »
This would be interesting, but there will be problem with sprayers for sure.
I think I'd like to see this as an option in weapons.ini or something (like that suggestion to be able to shhot grenader mid-air so they explode).

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 03:04:16 am »
Knives do this to each other.

But lets leave it at that, otherwise it will ruin the knives ability to kill against auto's.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 05:44:37 am »
F11.

As somewhat overpowered the Knife is (due to extreme versatility and 1-hit kill ability), I reckon that it is practically fine the way it is. Being able to shoot a knife away makes it useless, plus that gives rise to spraying and making autos more powerful than needed. Plus, it takes too long to switch to another weapon after you've thrown your knife and then shooting the knife to make it fly farther and faster.

Besides, you can kill a knifer with his own knife. Take a look:

^This is a very famous gif around here, an epic knife self-kill via grenade boosting caught in older Soldat versions, not sure who did this.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 05:49:17 am by STM1993 »

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 05:58:22 am »
Yeah, something similar happened to me also (however it was a bot with a modded high-explosive chainsaw who made me hit my own knife, not human). That was really funny!