Poll

Does Soldat need an option to disable grenade detonation on impact?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Nade detonation  (Read 7388 times)

Offline Lt. Sprizz

• Major
  • I'm sorry if I offended you.
Re: Nade detonation
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 09:50:31 pm »
this is soldat, not real life.
   Wow, why does every1 say that when a realistic idea is presented to the pbulic? Do you think the developers sat in a room thinking about soldat, saying things like "One gun needs to be an Ak," and some1 standing up and shouting "This is Soldat, NOT real life! We need to make up a kind of laser cannon that shoots kittens at a high enough velocity that they can blow up walls and put THAT in the game!" (btw, that would be a cool game improvement ;D)

No. No one thinks like that. I'm tired of ideas being shot down because "this is soldat, not real life." Maybe we can make it more like real life. I think that's kind of what we're going for, actually :-\

I think it would a cool option to have, especially for different servers. F12
"I am Jack's lack of surprise..." ~(Tyler Durden)
-=::SPOILER::=-
Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are the same person...:)
In-game: \Biz|Niz/

Offline boer

• Major
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 09:02:02 am »
Havent read the other posts.. but the developers should disable the nade proxy explode, play and report to us whether its more fun or not. Chances are that it sucks...
EDIT : Sucks because its soo easy to disable it, it must have been tested already and idea discarded.

Offline tendulker

• Major(1)
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 10:05:08 pm »
Don't real grenades explode on impact too..at least some of them, I believe.

Nope, not in war movies. They just sit there with the victim staring at the nade until it blows their face off. Only problem is that it nerfs nades a lot. No more throwing a nade at someones feet in midair or throwing a nade at someone hiding in a box or something. The only way to kill those guys would be with a saw, m79, or law, but what if you don't have any of those? For this reason, this should be only realistic.

f11, unless only realistic.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 04:59:57 am »
There are two types of grenades: one explode only after certain amount of time, another type explode when they hit anything.

Personally I think grenades are somewhat overpowered, so this nerf may be not pointless.

Offline tendulker

• Major(1)
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 07:03:08 pm »
Yeah, but this would mean a very big change in gameplay, which might be a good thing, and probably, the generally conservative soldat community wouldn't accept it.  :'(