Author Topic: Flag throw bug?  (Read 968 times)

Offline chutem

• Veteran
Flag throw bug?
« on: January 12, 2009, 07:10:45 pm »
It seems if I roll just before throwing the flag it goes a hell of a lot faster and further.

See Video.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
Re: Flag throw bug?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 09:00:05 pm »
Momentum usually helps throwing the flag farther. And rolling's speed is fast, so probably you were able to throw far away by that way.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 09:17:16 pm »
I was standing still, rolled and threw and look how far it went. Look how far the flag moves away from my gostek, I don't think that the rolls' momentum gave the flag so much more velocity.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 09:25:35 pm »
But even just standing still then rolling, the rolling is still speedy.... Hell I don't know, we should ask someone who's major in physics...
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 10:58:07 pm »
I don't think is a bug at all. As you are all saying momentum does help with velocity of the flag's speed when thrown which makes it go at that rapid pace. Anyways, it shouldn't be fixed because far flag throws can be very useful in wars or for fun.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 03:01:53 am »
The thing is, if you are running really fast, it doesn't go noticably further.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 03:35:18 am »
Might be because you've thrown it into the ground, and then it is pushed away by the polygon.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 07:02:18 pm »
It happens when it doesn't go into the ground aswell.

Offline Banksey

• Major
  • Proud smoker of Marlboro Reds
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 11:13:17 am »
Yeah, I just tested this, pretty awesome. I think it is a case of momentum. Because the speed your Soldat rolls, his body does a complee 360 in under half a second...Thus acting like a trebuchet :D

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 02:09:55 pm »
I think we need a whole new flag system, the flag is buggy, and bouncing and stuff. hard to through where you want it

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 05:37:34 pm »
@homer, it seems to gravitate to your teammates if you throw it in their general direction, so I guess it's useful enough
@OP, wow, I gotta try that out xD
Maybe Banksey is right, but notice that the flag already goes pretty far if you throw it at rest.  So it's not *too* surprising if it goes further, and maybe gets boosted by the slope in cobra as Spilt said
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine