Author Topic: Serious Discussion: Life  (Read 9796 times)

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
Serious Discussion: Life
« on: January 17, 2009, 09:22:07 pm »
Is it better to be alive and hurting, or dead? Are there situations in which suicide is justifiable? Is existence alone justification for existence?
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
Re: Serious Discussion: Life
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 09:29:33 pm »
Wow. This seems like an incredibly morbid subject.

CRAAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIIIINNN MMYYYYYY SKIIIIIIIN.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 09:31:48 pm »
Any right minded person without impaired judgement based on assumptions of an afterlife would and should do anything possible to stay alive.

Even if you have lost everything, you still have your life, and to deny yourself that is shameful because once you are dead you are truely out of options.

Pain can be numbed through perserverance. Things that are lost can return or be replaced in some form or another. No matter how much pain a person thinks they are in, there will always be someone in a far worse situation than themselves and to give up whilst the other continues makes you weak.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 09:56:33 pm »
Any right minded person without impaired judgement based on assumptions of an afterlife would and should do anything possible to stay alive.

The people who believe in afterlives tend to be the ones who think they'll go to the bad one if they kill themselves.  Just saying.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 10:03:30 pm »
logically yes, it is better to die than live in suffering, but anyone who actually goes through with it is pretty much a moron and a loser.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
There are other worlds than these

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 10:18:40 pm »
I have more respect for people that kill themselves than ones that "wish" they could. Atleast they accomplished something, if you are in so much pain and you cant even kill yourself your way worse of a fuckup.
If anything everyone is just recycled energy passed on from what was there a long time ago. Actually was not just there but will always be, you are part of a unified piece of shit existance.
I would like to quote the bloodhound gang-"Life is an aimless drive that ya take alone. Might as well enjoy the ride, take the long way home ".
No matter what your going to die, and it wouldn't matter really anyways, your the only one who thinks your alive anyways.
Heres a good clip to show you:http://www.youtube.com/v/a15KgyXBX24&hl=en&fs=1

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 10:21:35 pm »
I think are are situations where it's justifiable.  But they're so rare that the vast majority of the time living is the only real option. 

Also, you're made up of recycled atoms from other people, not energy. 
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Ellimist

• Major(1)
  • Ingame Nick: dashd-sh1
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 10:26:57 pm »
blab wat aload of shite, we are all gonna die someday :P

@jettlarue- video was funny

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 10:31:31 pm »
Life's a gift that can only be given once. It's up to you to make full use of the gift until it expires or until you destroy it. Since you only have this gift once, why not just use it wisely for once before it is time for it to expire or to be destroyed?

Doesn't matter if you believe you'd be resurrected - you'd never get the same life as you did before.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 10:36:20 pm by STM1993 »

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 10:36:52 pm »
Pain is a part of life. It's how we learn. Enjoy life as much as you can.

The problem with people committing suicide is that they probably don't even know how good they've had it. Being dead is pretty permanent, and you really don't have a second chance.

And since it indeed is up to you or me, die with style. Go out with a bang! Having a fatal seizure? Dance around the mall fountain and fall in the pool, twitching a lot as you die. Don't just die quietly in some rocking chair in a dark room.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 10:43:17 pm »
The decision to die should be based on the majority (basically, your family)

I'd like to live for as long as possible regardless of my own suffering because dying younger would only be more of a loss to my family.  therefore it would be selfish of me to kill myself.

and I'm religious, so if anything, I'd like to live a long as possible to ensure I am ready in a religious sense.

Player since late 2007

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 10:55:10 pm »
for what its worth a fatal seizure would be pretty much rocking in a chair in a dark room because i'm pretty sure if someone sees you seizing they're gonna keep you alive

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 11:26:44 pm »
This is also interesting to me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_instinct
Gamer_2k4

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 01:16:43 am »
My opinion is that it doesen't matter. Whatever you do, it doesent matter. The day will still come, when it is 1000 years from now, and most of us people here will be long forgotten.

I find it pointless to continue to strive for a better future, as my future consists of decomposing in the soil.

"you only have one life, live it to the fullest blabla" I don't see it that way. Some guy 400 years ago might have liven his life to the fullest, gotten a great education and achieved personal goals and so forth. Where did that get him in the end? Death is the finishing line that makes us all equally worthless.

Now theese are just my inner thoughts, and I would never try and push them onto others. Live life as you want.

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 01:27:42 am »
You wouldn't be enjoying the life you do if people in the past didn't push themselves while they were living.  Period. 

Enjoy your life in a trailer park.  I'm pretty sure your opinion will change when you enter the real world.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 01:49:51 am »
@Psycho - I meant "live life to the fullest" as in: live in the way you want your life to be to the best that you can.

Offline Yes

• Soldier
  • Yes.
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 02:57:52 am »
I have more respect for people that kill themselves than ones that "wish" they could. Atleast they accomplished something, if you are in so much pain and you cant even kill yourself your way worse of a f**kup.

Hmmm... your the total opposite of me. :) I respect people for living there life out no matter how painful or bad it gets, just because life gets tough and your hurtin all over, doesn't mean you should pussy out. Chances are there have been people who were in much worse pain than you and they stayed until they actually died.
One Love
Yes

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 03:03:40 am »
You wouldn't be enjoying the life you do if people in the past didn't push themselves while they were living.  Period. 

Enjoy your life in a trailer park.  I'm pretty sure your opinion will change when you enter the real world.

I choose to see the big picture of things. My opinion won't change, simply because I know I am right. Our existance is nothing. Eventually it will probably die out, completely erasing everything that we value and treasure. Getting myself caught up in stuff like my personal future on this planet means less than nothing to me.

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 03:04:20 am »
Chances are there have been people who were in much worse pain than you and they stayed until they actually died.

But chances are (rarely the case), you may also be the one who suffered the worst of the worst of pains.

Whatever it is, it is best to just live, unless your life can't be lived any further. Like, if you're a vegetable, then it's better to just end your life since there is no chance of you waking up again to do anything - continuing to live is just a waste.

I choose to see the big picture of things. My opinion won't change, simply because I know I am right. Our existance is nothing. Eventually it will probably die out, completely erasing everything that we value and treasure. Getting myself caught up in stuff like my personal future on this planet means less than nothing to me.

We'd all eventually die, and everything's gonna be useless, all we do is either delaying the inevitable or speeding it up.

Personally, I don't care so much about the future and the inevitable. I believe that since we're given the chance to be here, we just do something for ourselves in the present while it still has some meaning - basically just taking things as they come.

Just giving my opinion on the matter.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 03:22:27 am by STM1993 »