Author Topic: Fall Damage Doesn't Work in Soldat  (Read 2194 times)

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
Fall Damage Doesn't Work in Soldat
« on: January 20, 2009, 07:27:03 pm »
Okay, so long time ago I knew that you can evade any damage when falling, if you press up and left or right and just hold those buttons until you are close to ground and press rmb and do a backflip.  In realistic, without jet...you won't get any damage this way...from any height.

But recently I found out an interesting thing that intrigued me even more. It turns out that in realistic, without jet, you can evade killing yourself falling from great heights just by simple thing...not moving. Not pressing any keys, so the soldat doesn't run but just stand still in the air. He will reach certain point of acceleration and then stop accelerating, fall on ground and lose like 1/2 of HP.

I think this should be fixed...maybe not the backflip thing as it is pretty cool, but the fall damage and fall acceleration...yup, need to be fixed...

So, did you know about this thing?
destroy

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
Re: Fall Damage Doesn't Work in Soldat
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 07:33:28 pm »
Yeah, you should atleast lose 3/4 of health when falling from a very high distance. You should be lucky you don't die in my opinion.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 07:35:51 pm »
The best idea far realistic falling imo would be:
- Acceleration increases as longer as you fall
- When low to ground if you press crouch just before contacting ground...like a milimeter from ground...you do a rollover and evade damage...or fail it and die or lose lots of hp.
destroy

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 07:39:35 pm »
The best idea far realistic falling imo would be:
- Acceleration increases as longer as you fall
- When low to ground if you press crouch just before contacting ground...like a milimeter from ground...you do a rollover and evade damage...or fail it and die or lose lots of hp.

But that is not realistic, brother. In real life, an object of any weight will, if dropped from a hight, reach a maximum falling speed according to the windresistance it's size offers(assuming you're dropping said object from a height that allows it to reach this speed). However, I do support the idea of that max falling speed for our little soldiers to be fatal.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline TradeMAAK

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 07:55:44 pm »
Ah ok. But, it should be sped up 10x if so.
destroy