Author Topic: Background themes - path to realism?  (Read 3672 times)

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
Re: Background themes - path to realism?
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2007, 12:11:08 am »
I suppose you could have a transparent no-collide poly, and have a script call a sound whenever a player touches the poly.

This seems the easiest way.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2007, 12:38:34 am »
Quote from: VijchtiDoodah on December 4, 2004, 2:06 am
Michal would have to work with one of the current MapMaker creators to do this but I think that certain maps could benefit from having area specific ambient sounds and sound effects.

For instance, if you ran from a forest setting into a building you would first hear animals and rain and then equipment. Not only that, but maps could use an option to change the effects on each sound made so that if you were outside your grenades and footsteps would just thump but if you ran inside you would hear harder footsteps with echoes.

My idea isn't necessary, but it would certainly make maps a whole lot more interesting.

Great minds think alike, eh?  I've wanted this for years (even though I don't make maps anymore, I'd like to see what other people can come up with).  Full support.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2007, 09:23:08 am »
Hmmm F12'ed. It would really give Soldat a nicer effect, probably making gameplay just that bit more fun.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]