Author Topic: How do you make your FPS (Frames Per Second) Higher?  (Read 45261 times)

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
How do you make your FPS (Frames Per Second) Higher?
« on: January 24, 2009, 09:18:10 am »
Well I was wondering how to make my FPS higher because it ranges between 5 - 30 all the time which is quiet low for FPS and its really bad. It also lag spikes and it gets really annoying. It's always at a low level and even reaches below 5 but my soldat is still at a steady rate which is still good.

Well I was wondering if there is any way to make it higher, so I can play soldat my smoothly, clearly and less hesitation with lag. Thanks.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline daphenomena

• Major
  • -wP- DaPhenomena
    • FPSBanana
Re: How do you make your FPS (Frames Per Second) Higher?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 09:26:22 am »
Well you can try turning off some useless background programs (worked for me)

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 11:25:06 pm »
wow, it sky rocketed to 700fps...then it went back to the same despite it has increased it by around 30.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 05:53:59 am »
Try this. :P

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=17996.0
I thought that didn't actually do anything besides fooling soldat into thinking it had higher fps without actually changing anything?

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 08:55:57 am »
That flash does nothing. Its just Soldat's FPS counter bugging and detecting the flash framerate instead of the actual game.

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 09:44:16 am »
I can't go past 60 fps even with my newly bought 512MB video card.... what the fuck is wrong? I had the same FPS when I had a 64MB video card and worse RAM.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 10:15:21 am »
i think its not about the RAM memory. its all about grafic card

Im chill like that

Offline Ins

• Major(1)
  • Leet'n'Sweet
    • Ins Website
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 04:02:26 pm »
The best way to improve your fps count is checking few versions of your drivers. For Example. You have "Nvidia GeForce 2" (:D). Google "geforce 2 best drivers". Then take 3-4 numbers around given by google and install each of them one by one. Remember to use Drivercleaner to uninstall old drivers. You can also try Omega Drivers which shoud increase your number of frames.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 04:06:15 pm by Ins »

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 07:05:58 pm »
That flash does nothing. Its just Soldat's FPS counter bugging and detecting the flash framerate instead of the actual game.
Meh, it worked for me. It actually made my game smoother. I noticed because my game is usually choppy, but then I had Firefox open with a Flash ad in the background, and it became really smooth.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 02:14:38 pm »
People, FPS are different per different games/computer programs/hardware. Like on PCGamer, they review graphic hardware. When they review the cards, they usually do a chart that shows which has the best FPS per games. It would show something like this.
iNvidia: 150/170
ATI: 53/60
Intel: 112/130

Offline a fool

• Major
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 03:57:33 pm »
I can't go past 60 fps even with my newly bought 512MB video card.... what the f**k is wrong? I had the same FPS when I had a 64MB video card and worse RAM.
On a side note about ram, there's also the ram speed that counts...
--
On-Topic: Try placing some settings lower, like lowest screen, no anti-aliasing and stuff like that
Verily!

Offline shadow x chaos

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 02:01:19 am »
Here ya go!  ;D
http://elitectf.com/newaccess/index.php?article=4596.0
Finally this came in handy with a different site  ;).

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 02:38:57 pm »
Thats a really shitty guide.

Best you can do to help FPS would be to turn all the graphics of the game down to nothing and update your drivers.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 04:01:19 pm »
Yes but if I upgrade my drivers even more, it will cause soldat to freeze...and then that really pisses me off.

Offline DarkNoddy

• Soldier
  • BunnehMastah
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 05:26:03 am »
Here ya go!  ;D
http://elitectf.com/newaccess/index.php?article=4596.0
Finally this came in handy with a different site  ;).

"boost your DNS" - WTF mate? How does DNS need boosting? I doubt anyone have a issue with the DNS using seconds to get a reply :o And if they do they should call theire ISP. Furthermore changing your DNS like that can be VERY DANGEROUS, basically everything you do on the internet can be logged, creditcard info stolen etc.

Changing the priority of programs is generally a bad idea unless you are sure its needed, it can result in unstable a system or even crash your computer.

Why would you want 300 fps anyway?

As to how to make the fps better, as stated a few times already, try different drivers, if you're up for it even try some private ones :o (know what you're doing though)
If the drivers have a control panel, and per game profiles, you could try playing around with the settings.
Some parts of the tutorial above could give you better fps (defragging, though the windows defragger is shit, cleaning your computer etc)
Disabling stuff you don't use might help.
Lower the GFX settings.
Depending in your hardware you might need to upgrade to get better FPS (I doubt it though).

Some times (when the computer is slowing up) you have to format and reinstall windows.. I keep my windows install clean and stripped to the bone, but even with that a format every year gives noticeable performance boost, don't do anything stupid though, know what you're doing before doing anything.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 05:28:47 am by DarkNoddy »
----Get µTorrent here! - Torrent Tutorial----  
The sum of all fears: 01945