Author Topic: inf_Unkempt  (Read 1024 times)

Offline S4R

• Major
inf_Unkempt
« on: January 24, 2009, 11:15:12 pm »
Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've come up with a map, probably around three or four years. After finally getting Polyworks to run on my Vista, I decided to come up with a trenchwars/story mode map. My objective of the map is to supply hours of diverse gameplay, against a slew of impossible bots. Teamwork is key, and if you're going to try to be Rambo, you're going to be in a world of shit. I've been mostly out-of-touch with the mapping community, and I honestly haven't seen a new story mode map in a long time. Anyway, the map is inf_Unkempt.

Overview
http://skur.net/upload/files/unkemptpreview.jpg

The overview is pretty big, so just click the link. It's a nice mix of up-front combat, and long distance battles. Bravo bots spawn all over the place, they start around the first stationary gun on the left. At the far right of the map is a bridge, and then I sort of just ran out of ideas. I was thinking of a big ass base, but I've drawn out some sketches, and they just flat-out suck. So, I'm wondering if you guys can come up with any ideas. Thanks in advance.

DarkCrusade

Re: inf_Unkempt
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 05:21:30 am »
Hi there, I would suggest to delete the trees you got there and place mnp_forest12, 13 or 16, it looks then like a real forest :) The tower needs to be more interesting and where you put those stones to I hide I would suggest to use MM2 for a dirt bg there :)

Hmmm, I dont know any cliffs with such a straight devolution ;D Try to give it a new surface, that will make it more realistic :)
The big clouds you got there will lag like heck, the player will never see where the clouds end, you could use instead of it amb clouds 1-sk and stretch some of them over the whole map and it will look as good as the amb cloud-sk you used ;)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 05:31:28 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline Duck Boi

• Soldier
  • ('')('_')('')
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 01:50:41 pm »
Vary you scenery.
Use more colours. (On scenery too)
Less turret spawns.

Looks quite promising :)

Offline igotnousername

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 09:22:52 am »
this is quiet good for a campaign map
and 1 vs 10

only if the 10 will never leave the turret they are on
it will be challenging

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 10:27:22 am »
this is quiet good for a campaign map
and 1 vs 10

only if the 10 will never leave the turret they are on
it will be challenging

Smells like a deathpost :) he didnt call back, and last post is more than 1 month old --> avoid that thread. If everyone posts in old threads there wouldnt be enough space for the new ones / wasted space, just think about that in the future