Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Myself

• Major(1)
Some questions
« on: August 01, 2006, 09:56:02 pm »
I've skimmed through the stickies and done some searching, but I still have some questions, so here they are. Sorry if I just haven't looked hard enough.

First, how do I make a bot use nothing but a secondary weapon? Specifically, the pistol. I've editted to be some rapidfire death machine, but only a bot can use it effectively.

Also, my zombie bots tend to try and "snipe" people near them with the knife, by just crouching and stabbing with it without moving. Can I make them stop this? I also need them to not pick up power ups. It just odesn'tl ook right when my grunt zombies, who should have knives, are running around with a flamer.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm also confused about accuracy. Sometimes people say the lower numbers are better; others say higher is better. Can someone clear that up for me? Same for chat frequency and grenade frequency.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 10:20:45 pm by Myself »

Offline 13579

• Soldier
  • &Totse-13579
Re: Some questions
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 01:38:10 pm »
If Your useing the bot maker, then higher numbers for stuff will make it harder.

If your useing notepad, lower numbers are better.

This is the way it is because soldat reads lowernumbers to be more accurate, but the bot maker makes it so you should input high numbers to make it more accurate, so people dont get confused.

Try makeing a bot and opening the bot file in notepad and looking at the accuracy.

Say its 99 in the bot maker, so its 1 in the notepad file.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Some questions
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 08:09:52 pm »
Only a few weapons are "static" (e.g. Snipers and Terminators will always use Barret, Boogie Man will always use Chainsaw, etc.). All the rest are dynamically chosen. If you want a bot to use a particular weapon, you will have to WM that particular slot (like the Barret) and make the "Zombie" have that weapon as its favorite.

You can't tell a bot to ignore nearby powerups; it's hardcoded into their programming. The best way to do this is either to kill the bonus frequency or lower bot vision in Config.

Unfortunately you can't do anything about bots crouching while jabbing the air with a knife (I know man, it sucks lol) :P