Poll

Does soldat need separate sniper-line settings for each weapon?

No
Neutral
Yes - only for some weapons (f.e. Barrett)
Yes - for all weapons                            

Author Topic: Sniper Line - advanced customisation  (Read 3577 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Sniper Line - advanced customisation
« on: January 23, 2009, 03:51:41 pm »
Yes, yet another "we wants moar customization" thread.

Don't you think that sniper line is just not "sniper" enough? If it's enabled/disabled on the server - this goes for every weapon, even for chainsaw.
But wouldnt it be nice to customise it your own way?
For example have it disabled for all weapons except Barrett (It's a bit gay not being able to use sniper line with sniper rifle), or maybe for ruger too. This will make it easier to use barett in zoom mode and again, more customization (yay).
Would be nice to have those settings customisable for both client-side and server-side. Or at least just server-side (for example as a weapons.ini setting - sniper line=0/1).

Also, I REALLY hope that the issue with sniper line being offset will be finally fixed..
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 03:57:45 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
Re: Sniper Line - advanced customisation
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 04:33:04 pm »
Well, my vote is neutral.
I like customization, but for me sniper line is a feature that aids aiming in general. I don't find it related to any particular weapon - except only by name.
And personally I don't find it very helpful at all (but this is my own opinion).
And it shouldn't be an option in weapons.ini, rather somewhere in options or config.

Can you add a poll, please?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 04:37:45 pm by Gotfryd »

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 05:32:57 pm »
People use that useless line?

I don't even look where I aim, I just have a kind of sense of where it is.

I think anything related to the line is useless, people don't use it because they can't always use it.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 06:40:47 pm »
I guess ALT+F2 could help to you.

(I'm not sure if it's that combination)

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 07:19:42 pm »
The sniper line is really good as it is. Let's just keep it the same.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 01:59:35 am »
Added poll. Sorry, was going to do that in the first place but then forgot about it. :/

I aggree that sniper line isn't really that useful, and I too prefer playing without it. But I think at least Barrett could use a separate setting for it.
When you have sniper line off, in your mind you still draw a line between your character and crosshair. But when you zoom in with a barrett, you can't see your character anymore, so imagining that sniper line becomes a problem (especially when trying to zoom and shoot in mid-air (I know that's not how barrett is supposed to be used, but sometimes you gotta pull off tricks like that ;| )).

I guess ALT+F2 could help to you.

(I'm not sure if it's that combination)
Yes, that's the combination that turns on sniper line.. but if it's disabled by server - you won't be able to use it. But maybe if there was more customization - more servers would have sniper line enabled at least for some weapons.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 02:02:08 am by L[0ne]R »

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 02:33:32 am »
I always use the Sniper Line, it's the best when it comes to aiming! How is it useless? It help with aiming and makes it easier to shoot. Keep it as it is for all the guns.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline daphenomena

• Major
  • -wP- DaPhenomena
    • FPSBanana
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 08:31:35 am »
Great idea  :D
Sniper line is an important feature of Soldat and would be great to be enable it for specific weapon only and I also hope that the line offset will be fixed as well.

Offline SniperTheKiller

• Major
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 07:08:31 pm »
You want a sniper line that can be editable/made so u make it for each weapon to see it path trail? Fyi, f11! Learn to shot ,damit

Offline amb2010

• Camper
  • Fear the dot ...
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 09:57:29 pm »
I'm for this. It adds some extra modding abilities for some guns. Different gun cursors would be pretty cool also to go with the different sniper lines.

@ Sniper: He doesn't want to make it so for each gun so he can have the sniper line follow the path of the bullet(that, at least I think is impossible due to bullet drop anyways) he just wants it so that if you would like a sniper line for barret and no other gun or a different style for it then you can enable it for only barret or edit it for the other gun.
And as the lyrics go in the United State's national anthem: "America, f**k YEAH!".

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 10:28:02 pm »
I really want all the weapons to have the "sniper line", it'll be better for us to see the arcs and etc.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 01:53:01 am »
it'll be better for us to see the arcs and etc.

Having the sinper line show exact path of the bullet would be the stupidiest thing ever!
It's the most important part of skill - to learn how to aim.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 03:18:02 pm »
You want a sniper line that can be editable/made so u make it for each weapon to see it path trail? Fyi, f11! Learn to shot ,damit
I didn't mean that it's supposed to show the exact path (with bullet drop). I mean the good old sniper line that soldat already has. What I'm suggesting is an ability to set which guns are allowed to have this line on, and which ones are not.
Learn to read damit ;/

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 04:21:18 pm »
If we can't customize it, it should be changed. That is my new way of thinking.