Author Topic: Trenchwar Domination v2  (Read 13171 times)

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
Re: Trenchwar Domination v2
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2011, 05:17:29 am »
Gizd, I started using your script for my TW server. It's nice but there seems to be a bug. Please have a look here:  http://www.realsold.org/index.php?topic=4416.0

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2011, 04:58:17 am »
Attachment updated(first post)(v2.1.1a / v2.3.2b):
- new constant
Code: [Select]
MinMineDist= 150; //minimal distance from flag(and flag spawn) where a mine can be placed- you need to be away from both the flag and it's spawn to plant a mine now

Thanks for bug submission.

Offline NamelessWolf

• Soldier
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2011, 07:37:07 pm »
Hm. I know that this is an old topic but seeing as a minor bug such as flags being mineable was enough reason to bring it up last time I suppose it's more than justified for me to do the same.

I've been playing quite frequently at Leo's TW server and sometimes the script seems to misjudge the position of alpha's and bravo's bases, which makes it act like one of the flags are situated in the middle of map and the other flag at a point way out of sight from the actual battlefield.

When this occurs the airstrikes can start somewhere in the middle (or even further from the intended place) of the map and it just keeps on bombing for longer than the end of the map, right across the spawnpoint for one of the teams and into the abyss. The strike also might be stretched so it covers more than the map on both sides, but I'm not really sure about that.

This bug however also means that domination is falsely calculated since the script thinks that one team are always closer to enemy territory than they really are. In order to win a game or even achieve tie one of the teams will usually have to score at least 2-0 in caps or hold the enemies' closest sidebunker for most of the game. Just holding the middle of map will result in constantly losing domination for the team that's suffering from the domination bug.

Especially annoying is that this bug can go on for many maps until it goes back to normal, as the script is running in a circle independantly of the server's map cycle, thus destroying the balance in a lot of games in a row.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:42:22 pm by NamelessWolf »

Offline Gizd

• Flagrunner
  • (Re)tired
    • Eat-this! community site
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2011, 01:09:40 pm »
I made a quick makeshift probably-fix for version B(It's on Leo's iirc).
Bug identified thanks to Falcon. Update coming soon.

First post updated with updated script.
v2.3.4b and v2.1.3a
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:24:22 pm by Gizd »

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2011, 08:36:23 am »
Medic does not get the correct amount of mines, since he earns points for healing, too. Better keep a record of kills yourself.