Author Topic: TMS Alert! (1/30/09)  (Read 625 times)

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
TMS Alert! (1/30/09)
« on: January 31, 2009, 12:59:54 am »
Hi Folks, Wraithlike here. Just want to warn you all that sometime over this weekend (1/30-2/1/09) our good friends over at TMS will be down for a few hours. Luckily, when it comes back it'll be faster, something everyone loves. <3 

I know it might be scary to think about, but it's just a short time, and if you need a hand to hold, I'll be around. To prepare for the downtime, why don't you go now and download a bunch of maps hosted there. It'll give you a new experience for the short time TMS is down.

Now, for the technical stuff, if you need to hear it:
TMS is getting moved to a new server and the DNS'll have to propagate through everyone's DNS servers so they know the domain's on a new IP address and that usually takes a few hours. Just to reassure you, nothing is broken, and you'll be able to savor the delicious maps soon.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:04:20 am by Wraithlike »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: TMS Alert! (1/30/09)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 04:06:16 am »
New DNS stuff.

This really doesn't relate.. well, I just changed my DNS servers to those of OpenDNS.com. Surprisingly, it makes web pages load faster. I personally recommend it to people, and if need be, you could always change your DNS servers back to your original ones.

Yep.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: TMS Alert! (1/30/09)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 09:27:42 am »
Okay, it seems the upgrade went fine. It's on the new server, along with a bunch of other sites, if you're interested in what the box is: http://www.jrgp.org/phpsysinfo/
There are other worlds than these