Author Topic: Couple of suggestions, modification of Rambomatch and survival mode  (Read 4888 times)

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
I searched for this kind of suggestion and couldn't find it, so here it is.

Rambomatch is currently only available for DM; that is, only one person can be Rambo and he fights everyone else. What I would like to see is Rambomatch enabled for team games. One person on each team gets to be Rambo because of one bow that spawns near each team's base. Or... only one Rambo bow is available and the teams must race to get it near the middle of the map. I understand that it's literally impossible to have 2 Rambos at the same time, but Soldat isn't realistic to begin with.

So that's one suggestion. :D

For my next idea, this might be able to be expanded into a Guardian-style match from Gears 2. The leader of the team is Rambo. Everyone on team X can re spawn as long as their team leader is alive. Once he is killed, survival mode is enabled for team X only. This would make protecting the leader a priority in case a newbie happens to grab the bow.

Is enabling survival mode for only one team, and in the middle of a match, possible with scripting/coding or is this simply wishful thinking?

Tell me what you think.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline [TTD]NadeZilla

• Major(1)
Re: Couple of suggestions, modification of Rambomatch and survival mode
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 12:57:06 pm »
I don't really like the rambo ctf one.
I think the guardian style match would we sweet though.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 03:25:42 pm »
These ideas sound interesting to me.
I wonder if they are scriptable.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 04:13:07 pm »
doubt they will get implemented...
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 12:07:25 am »
Is enabling survival mode for only one team, and in the middle of a match, possible with scripting/coding or is this simply wishful thinking?
Possible, but by putting teams into spec.
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 03:01:59 am »
I really love the idea, but those kinds of game modes are scriptable (I really hope someone does script it).
Though EnEsCe will remove the ability to use bow outside of rambomatch, but a different weapon can be used instead, flamer for example (with having it set to shoot arrows).

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 05:03:02 am »
If you enable survival mode while a server is running (with the /survival command), then yes, you would activate survival mode. However, everyone will be kicked from the server so that all clients load the correct interface again.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Shadow_Knight

• Major
  • ingame a.k.a Hitokiri Batoussai.
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 03:40:18 pm »
I don't really like the TM thing, maybe a ctf rambo match, where someone has a bow in each team, then ok. The other guardian thing is not going to be very cool in CTF games, most CTF players I've seen are simply playing for cap and/or kill for points. If there would be a way to increase the points someone gets for protecting the captain, then, it would be more aliciating for the players.

Have you epicly failed today?

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 08:30:06 pm »
I like your ideas, I would like to create a new Game Mode based on the whole Rambo concept one day.

Keywords: one day.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 08:40:41 pm »
I like your ideas, I would like to create a new Game Mode based on the whole Rambo concept one day.

Keywords: one day.
That would be great. What I don't like about current rambomatch is the fact that there's not much teamwork going on, and most players are m79/barret whoring poor rambo. Team rambo-match would involve much more teamwork and would be much more interesting.

Offline Oneshiningstar

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 12:23:32 am »
Team Rambo sounds good, but give Rambo more hp, so he can take a few M79s and Baretts.
Just like SF's CTC matches.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 03:04:42 am »
Team Rambo sounds good, but give Rambo more hp, so he can take a few M79s and Baretts.
Just like SF's CTC matches.
If rambo has more HP - it'll be extremely hard to kill him with guns other than one-shots. So people will still use barret and m79, even if it doesnt kill rambo with one shot, because they'll have even less chance of killin him with other weapons.
IMO the better way would be to lower the damage that barret and m79 do to rambo (but not other players).

Although in team rambo this will be different because there would be more teamwork going on.

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 04:15:56 am »
I dunno about Rambo survival..  wouldn't he just slaughter everyone and win? :P 

Player since late 2007

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 04:17:42 am »
I agree. He's powerful enough as it is.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Shadow_Knight

• Major
  • ingame a.k.a Hitokiri Batoussai.
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2009, 05:55:04 am »
yes, if so rambo would be even weaker so the game doesn't get stupid with rambo not dying.

Have you epicly failed today?

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 07:20:34 am »
Interesting idea, I like it. I'd support it, especially since I heard that in 1.5 we cannot use the bow except in Rambo matches.

To those who think the Rambo needs strengthening:
The Rambo is actually already strong enough, a lot stronger than every other weapon that's for sure. It's almost impossible to defeat a Rambo with non 1-hitting weapons alone because he can auto-heal very quickly, and the Rambo has really good firing rate in addition to his decently long range and 1-hit killing ability. To defeat a Rambo, chances are, you'd probably need to gang up against him, or hope that you are better than the Rambo. I don't see a need to make the Rambo any stronger, or make the game any more difficult - such as adding a survival mode.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 07:24:58 am by STM1993 »