Author Topic: [Request] Feature: JabberID  (Read 3310 times)

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: [Request] Feature: JabberID
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 05:24:22 pm »
The principles behind Jabber are better though, since each domain can operate their own server and have them talk to each other, just like how e-mail works
Is the difference in performance/speed/reliability between Jabber and the others I listed noticeable, or is the best thing it has over the others security?
There are other worlds than these

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 08:10:45 pm »
it is an open protocol/standard and I think you're missing the point of my description of how it is structured (which is a good thing, it doesn't rely on a central server like all of the others you listed)

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 10:03:17 am »
No it doesn't, not by a long shot. xFire is reserved for those who devote themselfs to playing games and stuff. If you know any people on the outside, this program is useless.
well, xfire is great for gaming for two reasons:
ingame chat, no need to alt+tab
*swears at battle eye*

server list, easy to get fave servers list from different games at one place
Right, and those are it's only strengths, in addition to keeping track of your games and chatting to fellow gamers.
Not to mention it doesn't lag my computer just by talking to someone.

As all my friends have both Xfire and MSN, I get to choose, and I prefer Xfire over MSN for the fact Xfire can run without bringing my system to a fucking standstill.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!