Author Topic: Vietnam War Mod  (Read 13657 times)

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
Vietnam War Mod
« on: February 05, 2009, 11:00:56 am »
Trust me, you DON'T want to vacation in THIS mod...

Download: Click Here

Ahh, Vietnam..... Lush Jungles, fields of rice paddies, scores of fantastic scenery-

TONS of Napalm being dropped everywhere.

It's 1968, the start of the Tet Offensive, and you soldier (soldat) are on point. How will you fare?

This is my Vietnam War Era Mod. It took me two weeks of constant work, but it has paid off (I hope!). All available weapons are genuine firearms from the Vietnam Conflict. Dual Colt .45s, M4-A1 Carbine, M-16 A1 Assault Rifle, AK-47 Assault Rifle, Remington 870 Pump action Shotgun, M-14 Rifle, M-79 Launcher, USMC M-40 A1 Sniper Rifle, M1-A1 Thompson SMG, and Browning M-60 (Pig) make up the primary weapons. Secondaries consist of the Colt .45, USMC KaBar, Vietcong Suicide Pack, and RPD.

Additionally, this mod comes with two Vietnam maps, both of which are infiltration maps. For registered users , this mod also comes with an mp3 song (unregistered users cannot play custom songs in Soldat) back from the Vietnam era (oh, so many centuries ago  :D ).

All scenery gfx and textures are provided. All sfx are provided. Just download the file, extract it, and place this Vietnam War Mod in the Mods folder in your Soldat Directory. That's all there is to it.

For the record, this mod is entirely free to everyone, and anyone can use or copy any files provided. Don't even bother to ask, you can copy them.

So, please enjoy this Vietnam War Mod. Estimated size is about 7.6 mb. It is dedicated to my father, who served in the U.S. Marines in '69 (Oo-rah!).

Lastly, the M-60 is a modified version of Michal Zajaczkowski's original. The Thompson SMG, Colt .45s, and Remington are modified versions from Fieldmarshal BM's awesome WWII mod.

Semper Fi,

Gladiator2.

Download: Click Here
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 06:46:47 pm by gladiator2 »

What Revelations 6:8 SHOULD say: "And behold a pale horse, and his name who sat on him was Death... and all of the United States Marine Corps followed with him."

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: Vietnam War Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 11:18:10 am »
The shading and the scopes, remembers to me to Field Marshall, does it have any relation with him?
And some shapes are so similar, I don't know I'll check his Special Ops mod and WWII

M60 clip shoul be a bit forward and have another kind of bipod, that one looks strange...
You should work on some stocks like in Car's one, or in the middle part of the m16

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 11:29:42 am »
Yeah, the M-60's belt isn't exactly easy to put in there... It mixes in with the handle and trigger.

Some of those gfx are somewhat related to a WWII mod. Mostly redesigned.

The M-16 A1 has the unique, duck billed barrel that tapers down like that.

There's only one scope, and I made that one myself.

What Revelations 6:8 SHOULD say: "And behold a pale horse, and his name who sat on him was Death... and all of the United States Marine Corps followed with him."

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 11:42:49 am »
I meant the shading of the scope.

The barrel of the m16 SHOULD be alienated with the main body of the weapon, so the barrel and the shell ejector must be on the same line.

What if you make the belt go 2 pixels forward and change the bipod, I would do it

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 11:47:03 am by -Skykanden- »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 12:56:00 pm »
Delete those black outlines, they look scary, so no d/l :)

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 01:47:17 pm »
I'll try to edit the ammo belt, but what's wrong with the bipod... exactly?

It's sorta like an upside down V on the M-60... right?

Delete those black outlines, they look scary, so no d/l :)

What?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 02:23:49 pm »
The black outlines on your ingameweapons, did you wrong resize? :)

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 04:20:58 pm »
No, he's pretty much using FMBM's weapons. I'm really inclined on locking this up due to lack of credit given and permission from the original creator.

M60 ingame is ripped directly from the weaponskin mod on SK mod archive, and that's just only one of the many rips here.

Changing a few pixels doesn't make this your own work, so give some credit where it's due.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 04:23:06 pm by Espadon »
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 04:40:08 pm »
The black outlines on your ingameweapons, did you wrong resize? :)

...I don't think so... They seem to be the right size during play. Which ones in particular?

Thanks for the help.  8)

No, he's pretty much using FMBM's weapons. I'm really inclined on locking this up due to lack of credit given and permission from the original creator.

M60 ingame is ripped directly from the weaponskin mod on SK mod archive, and that's just only one of the many rips here.

Changing a few pixels doesn't make this your own work, so give some credit where it's due.

Wow, you're certainly serious about that, huh Esp? I made this mod last year, before I got slammed with exams, so I don't know exactly whose work I heavily editted and redesigned. I do know I used a WWII mod, and a really.... crude M-60. Point being, I don't know who to credit. Had I known at the time that you'd be adamant about that, I would have.

To be honest, I highly doubt the creators would even care, if they're still here. But tell me whose work you think I based my weapons off of, and I'll take a look. If it's the mod I used, then I'll gladly give credit where it is deserved.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 04:41:49 pm by gladiator2 »

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 04:49:35 pm »
Your M60 menu-gun and ingame are adapted directly from Michal Zajaczkowski's M60, which can be found here.

All other weapons, seemingly except for the M16, Sapper pack, and M4 [wasn't aware M4A1 was available during Viet] are adapted from FMBM's WWII TCS mod.

CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 05:54:12 pm »
Alright, I'll happily add them in...

But first, who's "FMBM"??

Yeah, believe it or not, the M4 was in Nam (I couldn't believe it). It was rare, and the idea was for manueverability in thick jungles, and assault rifle support in Vietcong tunnels.

Semper Fi.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 06:39:48 pm »
Fieldmarshal BM. You'd also best get some official words from him due to this clause:

(C) ©2004-2006 Matthew Bluhm
This mod may not be reproduced in whole or part without my permission.
All Materials created by me are protected under U.S Copyright  for more info see "Law www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html".
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 06:47:29 pm »
Done and done.

I also contacted FMBM, and asked for permission.

Offline AquaByrd

• Soldier
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 08:35:26 am »

Yeah, believe it or not, the M4 was in Nam (I couldn't believe it). It was rare, and the idea was for manueverability in thick jungles, and assault rifle support in Vietcong tunnels.

Semper Fi.

It wasn't an M4. It was a Car-15, a shortened version of the Armalite AR-15.
My sig was 300 x 120, the maximum size is 300 x 125. Check next time will you.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 09:12:07 am »

Semper Fi.

It wasn't an M4. It was a Car-15, a shortened version of the Armalite AR-15.

Well, yeah, technically, it was the prototype Car-15, but I don't need people telling me that the Car-15 is for civilians 'cause they know the Ar-15 is the civie' variant of the Military M-16.

Offline LordMata

• Major(1)
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 12:38:05 pm »
Looks decent, I might try it.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 12:44:34 pm »
I dont like some of your shading, dont use black pixels in the weapons, just for the outline (why do I have to say it in every mod I see except Espadons ;D)

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 05:31:00 am »
I dont like some of your shading, dont use black pixels in the weapons, just for the outline (why do I have to say it in every mod I see except Espadons ;D)

He's isn't using black inside. Somebody else was...

DarkCrusade

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 02:59:30 pm »
;D OMG ;D

I dont like those mods with raped weapons ... and he got the permission later, not from the beginning, I will never download a mod like this. But thats just me :-\

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 06:46:36 am »
So does raping make it worse? If the weapons looked okay before they were raped, what difference does it make after you give the person you raped from credit?
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.