Author Topic: Layout  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Shadow_Knight

• Major
  • ingame a.k.a Hitokiri Batoussai.
Layout
« on: February 08, 2009, 05:28:55 pm »
Hi so i read the sticky for the suggestions and i don't remember seeing this in there.

My suggestion is to improve the layout of the game menus and so on. ;D

I suggest new 3d buttons, images of the game here and there, the menus bar should have like an image or so as a background, each menu should have its own background, custom Soldat cursors, you know, a graphic improvement of the menus interface.

Again, sorry if something like this already has been posted, just didn't find it.  ???

Have you epicly failed today?

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
Re: Layout
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 10:36:34 pm »
Eeehhh no. 3D is not always better. Plus, with many people using that menu for years and it all of the sudden gets changed, it would seem weird. Plus, it has a classic, non laggy look and feel to it.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 11:43:55 pm »
It lags for me sometimes :/
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 01:03:18 am »
I'm gonna have to say F11. Soldat is supposed to be simplistic as far as graphics go. Nothing over the top (except for maps, maybe).
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 01:20:29 am »
Still, I'd have to hand it to the guy for reading the stickies before posting. Not many people actually do anyway, lol.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 03:54:49 am »
I'm gonna have to say F11. Soldat is supposed to be simplistic as far as graphics go. Nothing over the top (except for maps, maybe).
Still, I'd have to hand it to the guy for reading the stickies before posting. Not many people actually do anyway, lol.

I agree with both of you.

Whatever it is, the closest thing to this suggestion is being able to modify the menu graphics. Then again, I don't think that'd be necessary at all - no matter how you mod it, Soldat will always be Soldat - the simple 2D run-and-gun game with lots of substance, and I like it as it is.

Compare it with some of the newer games with uber graphics etc nowadays, I might even say that Soldat's a whole load better.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:56:38 am by STM1993 »

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 05:23:07 am »
Think about it, having 3D Graphics on a 2D-Game, doesn't really match does it...
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 05:51:49 am »
I'm not all for the 3D thingy, in fact I don't support a fancy menu at all. I am, however, all for a small restoration of the menus. Let's face it, they look old.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Shadow_Knight

• Major
  • ingame a.k.a Hitokiri Batoussai.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 09:20:36 am »
ok, now that i think of it the 3d stuff gets kind a odd, but it could be improved.

Have you epicly failed today?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 11:06:35 am »
I say... F11.5
I love the simplicity of Soldat menu, but I think it's a bit too simple. Even a very suddle grungy texture in the background would make menu much nicer. But nothing fansy, and especially no 3D..

Make picture versions of what you want the menu to be like and post them here. Maybe if they're good enough - EnEsCe will consider making it. Though consider that it shouldn't involve too much recoding.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 04:24:27 am »
Yeah. Nothing fancy, but some improvement would be good, especially in functionality (see here)

I think the main problem is that developers already have lot of work with engine and bugs, so they are too tired to improve something that already works.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 04:45:34 am »
The main problem is that there's no real need for this. It's not a priority.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline stt]

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 07:28:26 am »

when i was playing other games, the mods changed the name of the sticky to something like 'Game xxx Hacks' or 'How to Play'. It was read way more.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 07:52:39 am »
when i was playing other games, the mods changed the name of the sticky to something like 'Game xxx Hacks' or 'How to Play'. It was read way more.

;D
Once I read a book about C++ which had introduction entitled "don't read his" :)

Maybe we should use this "hack" on Soldat Forums...

Offline Costa

• Major
  • [.O']
    • -- Soldat
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 07:38:42 pm »

I'm agree, but I've expiernce of website design and programing! I don't think it will give lagg. The images you've downloaded.

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 01:17:57 am »
pftttaahahaha! As if website design has anything to fucking do with Soldat's layout. wtf!
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!