Author Topic: Left 4 Dead Discussoer +Teaser  (Read 10836 times)

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Left 4 Dead Discussoer +Teaser
« on: February 06, 2009, 05:43:54 pm »
Just slapping a thread somewhere for the (now) official L4D scripting/mapping/and possibly graphical mod.

Team list
Scripting:
    Markus Quär
Graphics-modding:
    Dairy (?)
Mapping:
    Blacksheepboy
Ideas/mapping(?):
    wildpussy
    tehsnipah

I really don't know how serious any of us are about this, but why not ;)

Currently, if I indeed end up mapping, I don't plan to be the one to decorate the poop out of the map.  So, when I get around to mapping out the layout and waypointing, I'll bring up the discussion for who might be interested in the scenery-placing.  I've always been fond of group efforts; makes life so much easier/faster.

Also, not really sure if Markus Quär is into this? but he dropped a note saying that he'll give it a shot.  And tehsnipah shot out the scripting idea (readable through the link below).

Idea-starter Thread

April 1st, 2009

I've made up a good placeholder for the weapons.ini.  Haven't done the realistic one yet.  Molotov cocktail can't truly be replicated, so for a replacement, I've made the LAW shoot a cluster grenade.  For the 'beeping bomb' I made the ruger shoot a grenade.  Don't ask why I used the ruger.. I guess to simulate AI chasing after the grenade, but in Soldat, the ruger just disrupts the AI approach to the player.

Made the Minimi into the hunting rifle, as I did not want zombie bots to stop and stare at you while you equipped the Sniper Rifle around with you.  You can't duel wield secondaries of course.. so I made the Desert Eagles the dual-wield pistols, essentially just having the double rate of fire of the single pistol.

Etc... If this were coded, 'Second Tier' weapons and the 'special grenades' would only be spawned in certain areas, and not be available in the weapon selecting menu.  In case anyone is wondering, I actually played L4D today, and it was great.  Got a good feel for the game.

The bravo team was edited so that the head looks more zombie-esque.  Blood/gore gfx are from the 'Soldat Enhanced' mod.

April 2nd, 2009

Worked up another teaser.  Finalized more of the weapons.ini, and added 2 bots (Zombie/Boomer).  Also added a complimentary map (inf_Zitrone), as I used that map for all of my testing/staging.

FYI: disable the Ruger, Minichaingun, Knife, and Barret.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:40:21 am by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Re: Left 4 Dead Discussoer
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 05:50:07 pm »
Remember, zombies are reanimated dead flesh.  Dead, rotting flesh can be shot away from a corpse fairly easily, assuming the zombie isn't fresh.

Walking speeds?:

Now in every zombie game you play, there are always the zombies that walk slow, and the ones that walk fast/run/climb.  If there was a way to limit bot walking speed.. it would be excellent.  Turn the chainsaw into some sort of zombie moaning sound, make it super weak, and there you have it: some virtual Soldat zombies.

A variation of running speeds between zombies are the only things that make them scary (aside from the sounds they make).  After a while of berserk zombies, you get used to 'em.

Alright, time for the major munch:

Walking-corpses:

From my studies of the zombie biological makeup, I've learned that zombies become less effective the older they become, and vis-versa.  Muscles start to damage, limbs rot away, etc. 

And remember, every zombie was once a human being.  The physical make-up of that prior human will determine the zombie's capabilities, although it is true that zombies take more advantage of physical aspects than that prior human did (zombies are stronger than their prior-human forms, and zombies use their strength in unorthodox ways - like biting people).  Lazy humans.

So my point is, this is how we shall make realistic zombie categories.  By these traits: how strong was the human? And, how old (decayed) is the zombie?

Zombie Categories:

Weak + Fresh zombie:
Health:               100%
Damage it deals:   Moderate
Bonuses?:           Armor (to simulate the 'freshness')
Description:
     Zombies will not stop at anything until they are destroyed, thus the armor and 100% health.  Fresh zombies are like humans on steroids.  Also, these would be found closer to places of transformation (houses/apartments), and would not be very grouped.

Weak + Old zombie:
Health:               75%
Damage it deals:   Little
Bonuses?:           None
Description:
     These zombies would be found, more commonly, in packs or herds.  They've had time to leave their places of transformation, and would go about, wandering the streets.  They have been rotting, so their strength and vigor has dwindled.

Strong + Fresh zombie:
Health:               90%
Damage it deals:   Lots
Bonuses?:           Berserk (immediately after spawn)
Description:
     These fresh zombies were once the buff, strong ones in our community.  They lasted the zombie infestation as long as they could, but sadly, recently perished.  Those types of people aren't too common, so these suckers are a rarity.  Fresh + strong = quicker movement and stronger attacks, thus the berserk bonus.  But they've rammed walls, sharp edges, and the like (they've given themselves a beating) so they receive no armor bonus, and 90% health.

Strong + Old zombie
Health:               65%
Damage it deals:  Between 'moderate' and 'lots'
Bonuses?:           None
Description:
     They've decayed some, and after the initial berserk, settled down.  They still have more muscle mass than most zombies though, so can still hit/bite their share.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 02:33:09 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline CurryWurst

• Camper
    • Soldat Global Account System
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 07:16:30 pm »
Also, not really sure if Markus Quär is into this? but he dropped a note saying that he'll give it a shot.

Sure, I'm really into it and I try to contribute to the development as much as I can.
My L4D experiences may help me ;D

In order to get this mod going I commented on tehsnipah's ideas.
Here we go ...

This could work. I suggest/recommend that zombies only use fist, and if someone can script well, players cannot lose their weapon even the zombies fist you.
Zombies will have to hit you at least 10~15 times to kill/knock you down.

AFAIK it's not possible to avoid weapons loss when a zombie fists you, but you can
give a player a weapon after loosing it by using ForceWeapon().

The helicopter part, you can have red&blue flag together, so it'll simply become quick cap.

Or just check specific coordinates for each map if the capping point is reached by the players.

Weapons will be:

1) Modded ruger (If anyone can boost it's ammo capacity to 8, then it'll work like a shotgun)
2) Spas-12 (Same thing, except ammo capacity is 10)
3) Mp5 as SMG (Make this into 25 ammo capacity)
4) Minimi as the rifle (Make it shoot faster)
5) Sniper Rifle (Barrett,  make this into semi-automatic & 15 ammo capacity)

I'm not sure about grenades.

It's your turn Blacksheepboy & wildpussy :)

Weapon places:

You will start out with pistol in the beginning. And there will be a cabin full of Modded Ruger, and Mp5.
As you move through the place, you will find the better weapons. (Minimi, Spas, Barrett)

Sounds like a nice idea and of course it's possible to implement.
SpawnObject() may be the solution.

When you're down, you get to hold Deagles. Although I don't know how the hell you can mod this, it will be amazing if you can.
To Get the guy up, you just simply stand near him and the % will show up to show the time of reviving.

If you don't attempt to revive down persons they will die after a few seconds.
BTW, that's a really nice feature.

Now in every zombie game you play, there are always the zombies that walk slow, and the ones that walk fast/run/climb.
If there was a way to limit bot walking speed.. it would be excellent.
Turn the chainsaw into some sort of zombie moaning sound, make it super weak, and there you have it: some virtual Soldat zombies.

A variation of running speeds between zombies are the only things that make them scary (aside from the sounds they make).
After a while of berserk zombies, you get used to 'em.

Still laughing about it :D
Soldat Global Account System: #soldat.sgas @ quakenet

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 07:43:02 pm »
best wishes to the scripter, he will have the most job to do

anyways, smoker, boomer and hunter would be probably the hardest ones to script (and then the witch)
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 09:13:57 am »
Why it is here ? Or do you need a modder for graphic ? I'm fuckin' into this one coz I wanted to make a mod L4D.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 02:22:01 pm »
I was thinking I'll probably edit Bravo (zombie) gosteks a bit.  Maybe give them a missing limb, or half a head... bloodying them up a bit, etc.

Making separate bots is a must of course

And Dairy, hell, modified weapons-gfx never crossed my mind, but it would rock 8) (I'll add you to the team list, unless you decide otherwise).  Just a warning: if we burn out... I'll at least finish the core for a map depending on how far Markus Quär can/will go with scripting.  As a place-holder for testing maps, I'll whip up a small weapons.ini for myself.

anyways, smoker, boomer and hunter would be probably the hardest ones to script (and then the witch)

Honestly, I never thought about these... I was just thinking "L4D styled weapon.ini, and a L4D-esque map."  Guess we could pack some zombies with a 'suicide bomb.'
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 02:35:22 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 05:11:38 pm »
well, you could script a bot having a flamer which would be the boomer, and after one player gets hit by the flames, additional 5 zombies join, and they get kicked after dying (in soldat that is much)

and dont forget that the zombies are spawned in time intervals, alot of them at once, not 1 by 1

the smoker could be made in some way by modifying the vortex from zombie rpg scripts (not so sure how sucsessful will it be)

and zombies dont kill instantly, so only some really strong zombie should get the saw, like the witch
the normal zombies should do something like fisting/hiting with some unused weapon (minigun?)

the only thing that bothers me also is the number of players to have a balanced game
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 06:02:40 pm »
Only 4 players would be necessary.  Hell, you could probably do it with 2-3 if you're really careful.  Four players would just make it all the more fun.

Sadly, I don't like the idea of the flamer.  I mean, it sounds great... I suppose it could work, but the flamer would have to be made pretty weak.  In order to win, at least one player has to remain alive, so in terms of how much damage everything delivers, the favor needs to rely heavily upon the survivors.  But yeah, zombies aren't suppose to be able to 'shoot' anything.  They prefer their teeth and fingernails.

FYI, I am using information from "The Zombie Survival Guide," as well as from L4D, and other zombie classics.

My ideas for the method of mapping so far:
http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=32681.0
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 06:11:55 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 06:31:32 pm »
well, the flamer would do 0 damage (or even -1, to heal the players a bit for surviving the incoming 5 bots)

and, we should make the bots really weak if we want to rely on survival without spawning, and the red spawns should be moveable (like a player comes to that coordinates, and the killed players spawn there) i suggest for that using parts of the tactical trenchwars moveable spawns

Offline Scrooge

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 03:58:00 am »
I would be perfectly happy to do some mapping for this if thats ok with you guys. L4D and Soldat are the only games I play atm so this would be pretty good if done properly.

I doubt you could make this exactly like L4D interms of being incapped on the ground and being pinned by hunter or smoker. Would it be possible to give the smoker a modified berret which would deal a small amount of damage and have a large amount of force on the soldat. So If a soldat were shot from the front he would be proppeled forwards and proppeled backwards if shot from behind? I think that makes sense. The only thing I can think of for hunter would a one hit kill. Also is it possible to choose which spawn points the zombies spawn from? So we dont get zombies spawning on the opposite side of the map? God luck with this.
R.I.P Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 04:59:21 am »
I'd put the scenery on the map if you don't want to, but my maps look like this So if you like it, send me a PM and I'll gladly help to put scenery on the basic map module.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 11:29:58 am »
If this pulls through, I will be on this as much as I am on Hexer.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 03:31:47 pm »
Ideas/mapping(?):

tehsnipah

When the? Anyways, I'll be glad to be giving suggestions.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 03:57:18 pm »
Modded ruger (If anyone can boost it's ammo capacity to 8, then it'll work like a shotgun)
2) Spas-12 (Same thing, except ammo capacity is 10)
3) Mp5 as SMG (Make this into 25 ammo capacity)
4) Minimi as the rifle (Make it shoot faster)
5) Sniper Rifle (Barrett,  make this into semi-automatic & 15 ammo capacity)

About this:
1) Is it possible to have a reload like Spas on Ruger too?
2) Mp5, Minimi, and Sniper Rifle should have the reload boost.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 04:23:12 pm »
wait, you cant use ruger or barret because the bots will then just stop at the place, and we dont want the mod become that you just go with the ruger/barret and erasing all in front of you

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 07:43:57 pm »
No, they can mod that also. I remember in some zombie servers that they're able to suddenly jump then rush on you. It was devastating.

The only problem is the Boomer, Smoker, and Hunter now....

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 09:50:25 pm »
Got an idea for the Smoker. How about for smoker, it throws a knife? If player gets caught by that, it'll suddenly get teleported to the smoker, and then the survivor can't do anything but getting beatened up.

I predict that this is an extremely hard modding even I don't even know how to mod.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 09:42:51 am »
No, they can mod that also. I remember in some zombie servers that they're able to suddenly jump then rush on you. It was devastating.
oh, now i remember, zombie rpg script also, dam, i hate thoose pesky burning dead

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 10:54:31 am »
Dnmr has a zombie script with accounts and everything, it is pretty nice.
oh, now i remember, zombie rpg script also, dam, i hate thoose pesky burning dead
Yeah, I think that is Dnmer's.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 04:29:42 am »
Ideas

The Boomer/Flamer Idea is actually really good, just make the flame green (Vomity) and give it no damage, but more Rombies (Random Zombies) spawn at their spawn, making it harder for the poor humans! Make the Boomer Gostek a fatty as well. Also, it would be good to see NO jet fuel (No easy escapes, you have to shoot your way out), but HUNTERS have jet fuel, that's how they can jump from side to side.

For a "TANK", make a bigger gostek (As big as it can get), and tanked out, but make him normal speed, but takes a lot of damage and his attacks do average damage, but a LOT of push (I hope that's possible), therefore you might get smacked into a bulding, or maybe away from combat, or maybe in that pack of marauding rombies.

For the spawning, if it can be scripted, make sure they randomly spawn but, it's an %70 chance of normal zombie, %10 Hunter %10 Smoker %10Boomer. this will make it much more fair.

If it's going to be true to Left 4 Dead, you should make that Alpha team has four humans (I see you've already had this idea) and there are 28 Rombies, so it will be very fun, and have the Rombie spawn points all around the map, so they don't all pack in one massive bunch and also they can spawn behind you as you keep going into further into the map.

If you can, for the game-mode, it should be Infiltration, with the Black flag being right next to the White flag, but all the way in teh "Safe Zone" on the otehr side of the map, so you have to get there to win, you should make the script so taht Killing a Normal zombie doesn't give you any points, but killing a Hunter/Boomer/Smoker gives you one point. IF you kill 60 of these before the level ends, you win, or if you cap. the flag twice (Easy seeing how it'll be right next to the white flag, getting there is the tough part).

For maps, i could make an apartment block or maybe the 1st level of Chapter 2 (I forgot the name, but it has a bridge and wrecked cars, fog and a boatload of rombies.

For weapons, I think High damage would be good (Kill them quickly) but slower reloads (Mounts pressure, and makes you fall back, allowing your team-mates to cover you, increasing team-work).

I hope these ideas help, and I'd love to be part of this.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 03:30:50 pm »
Hunter can use Law for crouch jump. And teleports where the bullet lands. I think 3 seconds or less of reload will do it.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 03:34:49 pm »
FYI All gosteks on one team share the same body. So if it's a 'fatty' set, then all zombies are fat, etc.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 06:13:07 pm »
we edit the flamer to look like the boomer is fat?

@ tehsnipah- wow, if that is going to be scriptable, ever

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 07:30:53 pm »
Hunter can use Law for crouch jump. And teleports where the bullet lands. I think 3 seconds or less of reload will do it.

sorry to get in your discussion, but its impossible to move bots. Controlling bots is a pain in soldat in general, including messing with their movement speed. But good luck to Markus :)

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 07:36:18 pm »
you could help him because alot of our suggestions are based on your zrpg script (vortex and the burning dead  (which would be essential if we want to give the players ruger/barret) parts, and it makes ~30% of the script suggestions for now)

anyways, i will try modding the weapons.ini (or should i take the realistic one?)

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 08:04:27 pm »
FYI All gosteks on one team share the same body. So if it's a 'fatty' set, then all zombies are fat, etc.

Whoops.... Forgot that.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 11:58:04 pm »

I refer this script from Bombski's. I remember a mode that if you throw a knife and hit the player/bot, you get teleported to another place. That's why.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 01:26:16 am »
yeah, but are bots enough smart to do that?
i dont think its even scriptable (that the bots actually aim when throwing at some place)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 08:39:48 am »
If they can use guns, they can use Law. End of discussion of this for me. :P

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 06:43:27 pm »

I had thought about that..

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 07:07:18 pm »
Then each of them should have a different hairstyle or something.

Tank should be bald, Hunter should have a black head, Smoker can have Mohawk. I'm not sure about Boomer though.

Offline Kinky noob

• Camper
  • This is shugo he likes to eat his fingers!
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 07:40:54 pm »
Where do I sign up?

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 07:49:07 pm »
They'll just put you up if you are really helpful also.

Offline Costa

• Major
  • [.O']
    • -- Soldat
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 07:56:17 pm »

true

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 09:28:59 pm »
You kidding? All they have to do is shoot, and they'll get teleported.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 11:09:06 pm »
They'll just put you up if you are really helpful also.

Hehe, I love the "they." I feel like I'm part of a corporation. "All right everybody, 2 o' clock on Tuesday! Full shift!"

Where do I sign up?

I'll throw you in somewhere if you like. Ideas? Scripting?  Nothing has gotten done really with either the mapping (besides the sketch), nor scripting, other than idea-gathering and brainstorming.

In a bit, I'll compile what's been said by you folks in my own words so that I can get a better understanding of things, make it more organized, and for quick-reference.

A bit of "about me" stuff..  I've been sidetracked with school, my nutty social life, and a few good games lately.  What can I say, I'm easily distracted.  So now, on my plate, I've stacked up a couple meatballs: this little project ;), and I really should finish a 3D modeling project I've started - modeling a human body (something that is going to take me a looong time to get right :(. I have no experience with designing/drawing the human body). 

Yeah, I'll get working on this stuff (well, guess the only job I have is a map, and organizing..) in due time.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 11:30:23 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 11:24:25 pm »
Then I bet this is gonna take a while ~_~
But no matter, this is a very hard challenge. It obviously will take time.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2009, 09:57:53 pm »
Ok. I got started making a map for this mod. It's basically a railroad pathway through an apartment block, just like the first level of L4D, there are some rooms you can fall into, but you can jump out, there is also NO jet fuel, as it makes it far more realistic  and L4Dy. At the very end of the map there is a red door (Just like the safe rooms) and there is the Alpha flag and the bravo flag, so you can capture them straight away and win the level, but you have to get there first. The level is quite long and has different way points to your standard soldat map. Basically the zombies have a "waint 20 sec" waypoint at there spawn, so it gives the player time to pass by them (They are hiding in rooms above and below the main path) and after 20 seconds they then follow the path and then if they get to the end before you do, they simply turn back. In these rooms though there is Cluster bombs/Medikits/vests/etc. (No Flamers or Camo or Beserk) so if you want to, you can venture in places other than the main road and get soem power-ups, but be wary, if you die you spawn in a closet all the way down the bottom and it takes some extreme jumping to get out. Use the medipacks wisley. For bots I got Francis/Bill/Louis and 28 Zombies, soem who use Punch, some who use Chainsaw, to mix things up a bit. It takes 5 captures to finish the game (Done in about three seconds). this allows players to not win the game by killing Rombies.

I also use Realistic mode so that you can't see what's behind the door, adding to the tension, you could get mauled as soon as you go through! So use those scarcely placed grenades.

For the script, I think the Rombies should have a 1 second respawn and the humans have a really long 15-30 second so you get punished for dying. I also think that if you kill, say 30 Rombies you get a bonus, allowing you to get a Shotgun/Steyr/Barrett instead of your piss-poor USSOCOM. This makes the L4D feel more real.

Hope this helps, and the Map has no scenery yet.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2009, 10:17:27 pm »
Make sure that the map is HUGE. Including the house and the subway.

Also, for the safety door part; I wish there was a way that all players must be in the safety room to cap...

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2009, 12:03:04 pm »
...I wish there was a way that all players must be in the safety room to cap...

Eh, that might suck, as players are going to die on the way.  It should be that as long as one player makes it.. etc.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2009, 01:24:53 pm »
This is going fine. I won't demand too much.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2009, 11:49:44 pm »
Ok. I got started making a map for this mod. It's basically a railroad pathway through an apartment block... [etc]

Awesome, that's sweet. 

I'm still playing games like Garry's Mod, rather than building maps in Polyworks ...  I've just had a craving for 3D contraption-building lately.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2009, 10:09:00 pm »
I have always wanted to try out Garry's Mod.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2009, 12:18:44 am »
Aww yeaa, getting caged in dumpsters, being flung 300 yards, and dying in space. 

The game is priceless.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2009, 12:26:27 am »
Do you have to download it? Or does it come with HL2?

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2009, 01:03:17 am »
So are you guys going to do a meathook type thing like in dota with the smoker?

Offline tboner

• Major(1)
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2009, 01:27:20 am »
I love l4d,  gl, hope it becomes successful.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2009, 09:29:58 pm »
So are you guys going to do a meathook type thing like in dota with the smoker?

O.o meat hook?

Do you have to download it? Or does it come with HL2?

$10. You also have to own a source game.

Offline Kagesha

• Flagrunner
  • cunts
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2009, 09:38:33 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmcbofVJ-GQ

Meat hook. A very fun move, would be awesome in soldat >_>

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Left 4 Dead update
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2009, 02:43:39 am »
Progress updated as of today.  Read the first post for more information.

Offline CurryWurst

• Camper
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2009, 07:29:49 am »
Oh yeah, I have holidays for two weeks right now :D
So, I really got time to do the scripting stuff.

I also would appreciate if danmer is going to help me with it because
he can speak from experience in consideration of the fact
that he already created a zombie rpg script :P

Offline Death-Knight1

• Major
  • >> Decay
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2009, 08:37:35 am »
u know what would be good also :D u know the gray giant muscle one isnt they call him Tank im not sure but would be good to add him he would be like the boss with strong damage and full health with strong body and bonuses that would make it harder :D:D and the respawn time would be long when he respawns but im not sure if this is good idea what do u think ?? :D:D
#Oxid
#Double.impact

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2009, 08:43:22 am »
Epic mod for an epic game, can't wait for dis.
b&

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2009, 01:22:30 pm »
Changing the physiology of the bots is something I'm completely clueless on.  I know, of course, that we can mess with bots through the Bonuses, and through lowering their health to make weaker zombies (to emulate the horde of commoner zombies).  For emulating the tank, we could slap on some armor bonus and berserk?  We could mess with specific hair/helmets for changing his physical appearance as well... I'm sure.

The map still hasn't been touched, but while playing Left 4 Dead, I got a burst of inspiration and ideas.  The map is usually the thing that has to come first (aside from normal modding of gfx), as that determines the specific required coordinates.

Edit:
Too bad there isn't anything in Soldat that you can shoot and have explode (ex. oil barrels; gas cans)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 01:31:29 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
Pipe bomb idea
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2009, 05:41:45 pm »
Had a great idea, but it won't work sadly enough..

An idea I had for the pipe bomb was:

A weaponless bot is going to be driven with the urge to pick up something with which to defend itself, rather than using fists.  So I thought, well, why not then just make a weapon that, when it is picked up and used, explodes the zombie and every other zombie around it.  So I made the classic suicide-bomb chainsaw, but renamed it as the pipe bomb. 

The reason why this will not work is because, in order for the zombie that picked up the pipe bomb to kill other zombies around it is by having 'Friendly Fire' on.  But, with friendly fire enabled, all the zombies in a horde just kill each other before they ever reach the Alpha group :(  aaand I do not know a work-a-around for that

Looks like the grenade will have to suffice as being the 'pipe bomb'
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:36:27 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2009, 06:10:35 pm »
Ah, I completely forgot about the pipe bombs... But you should still have Barrett for hunting rifle, how are we going to scope?

I would love to have more conversation, but I'll have to do that tomorrow. :(

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2009, 02:55:02 am »
http://roso.epfl.ch/dm/murphy.html

Read his laws about problems with projects and other tasks.
b&

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
Re: Left 4 Dead Discussoer +Teaser
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2009, 07:53:44 pm »
Just a reminder: please keep replies on-topic.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2009, 08:05:46 am »
Aaight, it was about failure, which was mentioned on the topic so...
As to the thing with making the bots grab only the pipe, it has been tried before yet people always seemed to fail with it, what we need is to get some of the best programmers around here on the forums, and let them work together on a long shot job.
b&

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2009, 03:56:11 pm »
Instead of just the different types of zombies like weak, healthy, and hurt having different amounts of health, they should also slowly degenerate.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2009, 05:11:30 pm »
Instead of just the different types of zombies like weak, healthy, and hurt having different amounts of health, they should also slowly degenerate.

Although it is a great idea, I'd rather not.  I was rather thinking the opposite.  Like.. if they get beat up, but not killed, they would slowly regenerate back to a certain percentage of health.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2009, 10:34:24 am »
Maybe script some kind of weapon to work as a tool or kind of a vaccine or antidote to make one of the zombies like become able to pick up weapons and kill zombies? even if just for a couple of seconds, just a stupid idea i had.
b&

Offline Mercury92

• Camper
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2009, 12:45:38 pm »
So hows the project going?
Any new maps upcoming?
[saw]  on 1.5.1

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2009, 04:06:44 am »
So hows the project going?
Any new maps upcoming?

I agree. Any updates?

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2009, 01:30:48 am »
That's a good question.

No, not currently.  Map at a standstill.  I need a mapping buddy, lol.  In order to finish it all.. I need to lay the polygons for 3 more maps.  That would a good little while.  And that's not considering the waypoints, or scenery..

..and then there's testing.  Not just normal testing.. testing to make sure the maps are compatible for 4 people playing online versus who-knows-how-many zombies/boomers/smokers... etc. 

I guess things like this have to be done in small portions, otherwise everything is rather overwhelming.

Offline CurryWurst

• Camper
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2009, 06:04:19 am »
Waiting for Blacksheepboy to finish the maps to start programming the script.

I've already done a little life status bar to show your and your teammates health.
The health state is expressed by the player's name being colored from green to red.

If someone is almost dead then his name will be written in red color.
The bar is very sensitive. It shows every change about 1 hp.

You may not notice some really small hp changes in the life bar due to Soldat color limitations.

I'll post some screens later...

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2009, 07:40:42 am »
That's a good question.

No, not currently.  Map at a standstill.  I need a mapping buddy, lol.  In order to finish it all.. I need to lay the polygons for 3 more maps.  That would a good little while.  And that's not considering the waypoints, or scenery..

..and then there's testing.  Not just normal testing.. testing to make sure the maps are compatible for 4 people playing online versus who-knows-how-many zombies/boomers/smokers... etc. 

I guess things like this have to be done in small portions, otherwise everything is rather overwhelming.

You helped me, I'll help you. When the time comes, ask me for help and I'll gladly give it.

Offline m00`

• Soldier
  • hai guys
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2009, 08:32:31 am »
whos gonna host this?
cool

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2009, 02:25:08 pm »
whos gonna host this?

Will you please? XD
We need more smekshy servers xD
b&

Offline CurryWurst

• Camper
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2009, 02:50:13 pm »
I may set up a soldat server on my root later. I'll keep you up-to-date guys.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2009, 11:15:30 am »
You helped me, I'll help you. When the time comes, ask me for help and I'll gladly give it.

Thanks ^.^