Author Topic: Left 4 Dead Discussoer +Teaser  (Read 10852 times)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
Re: Left 4 Dead Discussoer
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 03:30:50 pm »
Hunter can use Law for crouch jump. And teleports where the bullet lands. I think 3 seconds or less of reload will do it.

"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 03:34:49 pm »
FYI All gosteks on one team share the same body. So if it's a 'fatty' set, then all zombies are fat, etc.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 06:13:07 pm »
we edit the flamer to look like the boomer is fat?

@ tehsnipah- wow, if that is going to be scriptable, ever
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline danmer

• Camper
  • crabhead
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 07:30:53 pm »
Hunter can use Law for crouch jump. And teleports where the bullet lands. I think 3 seconds or less of reload will do it.

sorry to get in your discussion, but its impossible to move bots. Controlling bots is a pain in soldat in general, including messing with their movement speed. But good luck to Markus :)

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 07:36:18 pm »
you could help him because alot of our suggestions are based on your zrpg script (vortex and the burning dead  (which would be essential if we want to give the players ruger/barret) parts, and it makes ~30% of the script suggestions for now)

anyways, i will try modding the weapons.ini (or should i take the realistic one?)
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 08:04:27 pm »
FYI All gosteks on one team share the same body. So if it's a 'fatty' set, then all zombies are fat, etc.

Whoops.... Forgot that.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 11:58:04 pm »

I refer this script from Bombski's. I remember a mode that if you throw a knife and hit the player/bot, you get teleported to another place. That's why.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 01:26:16 am »
yeah, but are bots enough smart to do that?
i dont think its even scriptable (that the bots actually aim when throwing at some place)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 08:39:48 am »
If they can use guns, they can use Law. End of discussion of this for me. :P

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 06:43:27 pm »

I had thought about that..

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 07:07:18 pm »
Then each of them should have a different hairstyle or something.

Tank should be bald, Hunter should have a black head, Smoker can have Mohawk. I'm not sure about Boomer though.

Offline Kinky noob

• Camper
  • This is shugo he likes to eat his fingers!
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 07:40:54 pm »
Where do I sign up?

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 07:49:07 pm »
They'll just put you up if you are really helpful also.

Offline Costa

• Major
  • [.O']
    • -- Soldat
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 07:56:17 pm »

true

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2009, 09:28:59 pm »
You kidding? All they have to do is shoot, and they'll get teleported.

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2009, 11:09:06 pm »
They'll just put you up if you are really helpful also.

Hehe, I love the "they." I feel like I'm part of a corporation. "All right everybody, 2 o' clock on Tuesday! Full shift!"

Where do I sign up?

I'll throw you in somewhere if you like. Ideas? Scripting?  Nothing has gotten done really with either the mapping (besides the sketch), nor scripting, other than idea-gathering and brainstorming.

In a bit, I'll compile what's been said by you folks in my own words so that I can get a better understanding of things, make it more organized, and for quick-reference.

A bit of "about me" stuff..  I've been sidetracked with school, my nutty social life, and a few good games lately.  What can I say, I'm easily distracted.  So now, on my plate, I've stacked up a couple meatballs: this little project ;), and I really should finish a 3D modeling project I've started - modeling a human body (something that is going to take me a looong time to get right :(. I have no experience with designing/drawing the human body). 

Yeah, I'll get working on this stuff (well, guess the only job I have is a map, and organizing..) in due time.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 11:30:23 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2009, 11:24:25 pm »
Then I bet this is gonna take a while ~_~
But no matter, this is a very hard challenge. It obviously will take time.

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2009, 09:57:53 pm »
Ok. I got started making a map for this mod. It's basically a railroad pathway through an apartment block, just like the first level of L4D, there are some rooms you can fall into, but you can jump out, there is also NO jet fuel, as it makes it far more realistic  and L4Dy. At the very end of the map there is a red door (Just like the safe rooms) and there is the Alpha flag and the bravo flag, so you can capture them straight away and win the level, but you have to get there first. The level is quite long and has different way points to your standard soldat map. Basically the zombies have a "waint 20 sec" waypoint at there spawn, so it gives the player time to pass by them (They are hiding in rooms above and below the main path) and after 20 seconds they then follow the path and then if they get to the end before you do, they simply turn back. In these rooms though there is Cluster bombs/Medikits/vests/etc. (No Flamers or Camo or Beserk) so if you want to, you can venture in places other than the main road and get soem power-ups, but be wary, if you die you spawn in a closet all the way down the bottom and it takes some extreme jumping to get out. Use the medipacks wisley. For bots I got Francis/Bill/Louis and 28 Zombies, soem who use Punch, some who use Chainsaw, to mix things up a bit. It takes 5 captures to finish the game (Done in about three seconds). this allows players to not win the game by killing Rombies.

I also use Realistic mode so that you can't see what's behind the door, adding to the tension, you could get mauled as soon as you go through! So use those scarcely placed grenades.

For the script, I think the Rombies should have a 1 second respawn and the humans have a really long 15-30 second so you get punished for dying. I also think that if you kill, say 30 Rombies you get a bonus, allowing you to get a Shotgun/Steyr/Barrett instead of your piss-poor USSOCOM. This makes the L4D feel more real.

Hope this helps, and the Map has no scenery yet.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2009, 10:17:27 pm »
Make sure that the map is HUGE. Including the house and the subway.

Also, for the safety door part; I wish there was a way that all players must be in the safety room to cap...

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2009, 12:03:04 pm »
...I wish there was a way that all players must be in the safety room to cap...

Eh, that might suck, as players are going to die on the way.  It should be that as long as one player makes it.. etc.