Author Topic: M79 Bug?  (Read 1570 times)

Offline AntiHero

• Camper
  • INF all the way!
    • TheAllStarsClan Site
M79 Bug?
« on: January 26, 2009, 04:41:54 pm »
When I shoot my M79 shot at a person for some reason instead of hitting the person it pushes them away from the shot?Is this a bug or is it just me?
Infiltration|Veterinarian

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
Re: M79 Bug?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 04:48:15 pm »
You mean it just boosts them away instead of killing him? If yes, then that is considered 'eating'.  He ate your shot.  I hope this is what you were looking for.  8)

Offline AntiHero

• Camper
  • INF all the way!
    • TheAllStarsClan Site
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 04:51:25 pm »
yeh it boosts them away from the shot for some reason :o
Infiltration|Veterinarian

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 05:12:20 pm »
If more specific, they One Shot server people says it's called "Ladder Jump." Because it boosts you down usually.... Anyways, many victims falled into catagory as "hack" for this, because it usually didn't happen. Don't worry, they now realized it's one of the most annoying eating, and they'll only get annoyed.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline boer

• Major
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 09:56:09 am »
what happens is that one that guy's screen, he got hit and the explosion pushed him away. On the server, it was a miss, hence he is still alive. This is the same as the invisible nade bug- if a nade explodes on you and does no damage, get the hell away from 'it' since it is still alive at server. Don't walk near where it may lay on ground.
Correct me if I am wrong...

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 11:26:53 am »
actually the lagnade is a nade that kills an enemy (without explosion) and it falls like nothing happened
and when it falls it can:
hit a colider and blow
solid ground and wait the timer to blow
hit an another soldat
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Flakes

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 02:54:16 pm »
I'm fine with it, sometimes, this bug actually saves my butt.  ;D

Offline Keldorn

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 09:53:00 pm »
Also, keep in mind that if you were playing on a regular server, he may not have died but just have sustained large amounts of damage.
Anyone play KOL?

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 11:05:32 am »
I hate it when people whine about it online. "EAT HIT WTF HACK" etc. Yeah, it happens to me too. Get over it. I take it as part of the game now.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Daibus

• Major(1)
  • Live life? I play it...
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 04:06:52 am »
This bug predates vers. 1.2.1 and has always been around, and thus could be seen as a 'feature' of the M79, afterall for such a 'noob' weapon, it must have sum disadvantage.

As such it has almost nothing to do with the scripting, but as said above is due to registering on the server, as a cause of bad packets, eg. Data is not recieved or sent from/to server.

Live life? I play it...

Offline daryy

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 08:50:44 am »
I make sure this!  it boosts them away from the shot for some reason Discount Compressor offers Pontiac AC Compressor with the highest quality, a product that only dealers previously had! Discountcompressor.com now offers ...We offer original Mercedes parts! Find best prices for Mercedes Benz 280CE Parts by browsing our complete catalog of discount Mercedes auto parts.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 06:30:33 am by daryy »
We sell saturn parts and  restoration products.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 04:32:17 pm »
i rekon this bug is actually alright, because it can save u in some situations...
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline SpiltCoffee

• Veteran
  • Spilt, not Split!
    • SpiltCoffee's Site
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 03:45:53 am »
I like to screw all M79 users over by making my M79 shell f**king massive. Then I get a higher chance of being boosted away. Since I don't touch the M79, this only advantages me :D.
When life hands you High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Maltodextrin, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Fumarate, Yellow 5, Tocopherol and Less Than 2% Natural Flavour... make Lemonade!