Poll

Stick to 1 mode?

Good idea
Bad idea
Im only here to masturbate

Author Topic: Soldat needs only 1 mode  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Grey

• Major(1)
Soldat needs only 1 mode
« on: August 02, 2006, 09:18:15 am »
Edit: Im talking about realistic and normal mode not rambo, infiltration, ctf and the rest.

Not sure if this has been discussed before but from all the online game playing Ive done one of the worst things the devs can do to a game is add different modes which change the game drastically and divide the community apart. This imho keeps server population down and ppl tend to drift off to other games if the action isnt always there (not enough players on servers) because they tend to stick to 1 mode. I havent met many players who like going back and forth in normal and realistic mode.

Personally I like realistic mode more but I never play it because there isnt enough realistic servers so I just stick to normal mode, thats where the actions at.

Maybe in the next version they could take the best of both worlds (normal & realistic) and mesh those together to satisfy both game players so we're all blasting away on the same servers.

Diversity isnt always a good thing.

Comments?.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 10:07:31 am by Grey »

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
Re: Soldat needs only 1 mode
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 09:31:39 am »
If this were a smaller game, perhaps, but all modes seem to get a decent amount of play. I don't think losing, say, Infiltration would drive people to Rambo mode, either. The modes are there because enough people wanted to play them, and they were included in the game because of that. To deny what the game's players want seems counterproductive, and one could argue just as much that the variety of modes is what keep so many people playing the game instead of tiring of a limited selection.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 09:34:19 am »
Are you talking about Normal/Realistic mode only or does this involve the gamemodes, as well?

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Grey

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 10:03:19 am »
I shoulda been more clear. Realistic and Normal mode is what I was refering too.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 10:08:33 am »
no way, there are plenty of realistic servers and more than enough normal servers, no need to drop a feature.

you could never mesh the two together, not without it sucking for both sides.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 10:18:01 am »
Nah, if people want to play normal mode then they will play it, I don't want to force them.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Grey

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 10:28:50 am »
I dont think servers are plentifull. Theres not that many of us.

That is servers with pings below 150. I wont bother joining anything above that.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 10:46:25 am »
Are you kiddin'? I don't know where you live, but where I live(Denmark) I have a nice steady ping on most realistic servers. There's no way you could ever mix'em up. Also, if you decided to just erase realistic mode, I'm pretty sure alot of people, including myself would stop playing.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline kingkitty

• Soldier
  • Yes!
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 10:51:49 am »
I play r/s mode.

If someone takes the s out of the r/s, I would stop playing soldat.

diversity ftw!
I'm away.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 11:57:36 am »
I don't think you know what you're talking about, honestly.  There are good, low ping R/S and normal servers to be had and plenty of players around.  This game has thrived and grown a lot with both modes in tact, and to remove one would only serve to take some of the fun out of this game for some of its players.

Your ping problem might be a function of where you live, and the time of day you get on to play says a lot as well in terms of just how many people you see.

"meshing" the two together would't make anyone more pleased, except yourself of course ;D
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline Freen

• Major(1)
  • z0m6i3 1n\/a5i0n!!1
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 12:36:28 pm »
I see what you mean but, sometimes realistic/survival mode can get tiring and I'd rather just play on normal, still I would rather have the choice. I never play advance mode though.

Offline Dark Jesus

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 12:45:26 pm »
then dodgeball would be kind of reatrded
with people just resawning
and sum people just enjoy playing realistic, i like normal the best, but a little survival and realistic never hurts, i think its fine th way it is

Offline Grey

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 12:54:33 pm »
Your ping problem might be a function of where you live, and the time of day you get on to play says a lot as well in terms of just how many people you see.
Im aware of all that but its fair to say this game isnt as populated as you think.

I have just gone into Soldat and refreshed the servers and here are the statistics for R/S servers.

18 R/S Servers
6 R/S Below 150 ping
Only 2 of those 6 servers have 10/10 ppl in them. The other 2 populated servers each have 1 single player in them.

Grown and thrived maybe, just not enough.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 03:08:05 pm by Grey »

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 12:58:22 pm »
This is one of the worst ideas ive ever heard
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline Grey

• Major(1)
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2006, 01:00:24 pm »
I forgot to mention I had only 2 filters on, No password and No bots.

Offline Dark Jesus

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 01:02:16 pm »
LOL
according to the poll, more peopel are here to masturbate, than think that 1 mode is a good idea

Offline Aquarius

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2006, 06:07:08 pm »
I remember times when there was 50-100 players online on average and maybe one active realistic server (and 0 - ZERO - survival servers). And nobody came with such a stupid idea. Now there is 50-100 players on realistic servers only... SO WTF ARE YOUT TALKING ABOUT?!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 06:08:48 pm by Aquarius »

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 06:48:42 pm »
Grey, you DO realise that it isn't only people from your country that play the game don't you? When it comes up in the news thing click Forum Map and you'll see that people play this from all over the world. And that's just the forum people.

Offline Shadow G-Unit

• Veteran
  • IRC: S[Ex]eh-Legend
    • Fractured Forums
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 07:19:02 pm »
NO! MAN WHAT IS GOING ON IN YOUR MIND!!!!! People are sure thinking of crazy ideas now.

Ingame: King Legend.10- | Clan: In10sitY | Prev. Clan: OXiD | M79 Slag

Offline Grey

• Major(1)
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 12:20:32 am »
SO WTF ARE YOUT TALKING ABOUT?!
18 R/S Servers
6 R/S Below 150 ping
Only 2 of those 6 servers have 10/10 ppl in them. The other 2 populated servers each have 1 single player in them.

Anyways, its just a suggestion, you guys dont have to burn me at the stake or anything.