Author Topic: Suggestion!  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Shady

• Major(1)
Suggestion!
« on: April 16, 2009, 09:56:24 pm »
Just a few things I want to slap down in celebration of the new version.

The mechanism for flag throwing is really inconsistent and buggy, even for passing the flag to teammates within the base. I definitely think it's fun, but I do believe there should be an option for close range passing. I think it would be a good idea if you could "hand-off" the flag to teammates very close by. So say if you initiated the throw command if you are very close to a teammate, they would automatically catch it. This would really help faulty throws and such. I could also see it being used to do hand-offs similar to football to make strategic plays with your teammates that could be executed over and over.

Second, I don't see why weapons are "hidden" when they are dropped. Most weapons sink well below the outer layer of each polygon, so it becomes very hard to distinguish where a dropped weapon is. I don't know whether it is designed this way to either keep the play fields clean or to add a factor of luck into picking up guns. Either way, it really takes the heat out of battles when someone drops a weapon and they can't find it (although it does look hilarious). I think dropped weapons should be visible enough on the ground to be able to tell which weapon is which. This would also give an incentive to people in a battle who have ran out of ammo on their current gun to use a last resort and pick up a weapon to fight with. It would also make game play more complex as people using 2 guns would be more prominent and strategies could be built around such.

I'll add some more later, thanks for reading.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 10:18:17 pm by Shady »

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
Re: Suggestion!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 10:22:18 pm »
For the first suggestion, in fact the throwing is so bugged that a lot of the time the flag does teleport to your teammate if they're close enough as you have described.
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline Shinobars

• Major
    • SoldatRS Forums
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 01:15:09 am »
Yeah, but the flag can also teleport the completely opposite way. I've had the flag go backwards on me many a time, and it is most unpleasant.

Offline Brutalis

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 11:55:17 pm »
/agree for sure with the first point.
/meh for second point  :-\

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 02:52:02 am »
F12 first point...lol the soldat player just hands the flag over :D. What about stealing the flag off your teammate? lol...
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!