Poll

What do you think about this mode?

It would be fun (Yes)
34 (81%)
Hey dude, take your ideas and go to another place (No!)
8 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: New game mode, CTF 2 (or whatever you want to call it)  (Read 6701 times)

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
Re: New game mode, CTF 2 (or whatever you want to call it)
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2006, 08:19:13 am »
Yeah all people do is getting flags, no fighting involved.

There are four teams.  It's unreasonable to think that no one is going to fire at the flag carrier; it's just as unreasonable to think that no one is going to fire at pursuers.  CTF is all about capturing a flag, and there's tons of fighting involved.  This mode would have even more, since there's only one flag.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Yukwunhang

• Major
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2006, 03:00:11 am »
Can't you understand sarcasms?

The team who spawn in the lower region of the map will always have a disadvantage. They will get nade spammed, headshoted and spawnkilled. If they can't get to the flag in the first place, how would they 'drop back' to their base?

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2006, 09:21:28 pm »
Sounds a lot like HTF to me, but... it would be even wierder. I don't really like the idea because all the action would just be taking the flag from the middle, and other than that it would just be chasing. Doesn't sound like a great recipe for fun.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2006, 11:55:01 pm »
The team who spawn in the lower region of the map will always have a disadvantage. They will get nade spammed, headshoted and spawnkilled. If they can't get to the flag in the first place, how would they 'drop back' to their base?

If the flag is lost, it will fall down, where the low teams can easily get it.

As you can see from my quote, I never said they would throw the flag back to their base.  I said if another team lost the flag, it would fall down to them.

Also, the map doesn't have to be square.  It can be a wide rectangle, where most of the distance to the flag is horizontal.  The flag area doesn't have to be a floating island either.  It can be at the top of a hill, so that jets aren't even needed.  The area between the bases and the flag could be seperated, or basically apart with a few passages.  That way the bottom teams aren't constantly getting bombed.  I still think it could work.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2006, 05:57:15 pm »
How about a map like this?

(Dis)advantages

Team Alpha:
- Has own route to flag, but needs more time to get there and can get nadespammed easily.

Team Bravo:
- Short but VERY dangerous route to flag (because of team Charlie).

Team Charlie:
- Short but VERY dangerous route to flag (because of team Bravo).

Team Delta:
- Has own route to flag, but needs more time to get there and can get nadespammed easily.

Of course this is a rough sketch, but people probably understand the meaning of it... with some adjustments like extra corridors and such it might just work.

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2006, 07:34:50 pm »
On ya, Tybs, i reckon that would work. Good idea.

But like Mofo said i think it would be like htf. The only time i ever get to play that is when gt trials someone and then we have a game of HTF.

Offline H31MU7

• Major
  • BOOM HEADSHOT!!!
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2006, 01:09:06 am »
Sounds good, But you would have to build maps that are balanced, But it would be worth it I think:D

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 02:44:47 am »
It sounds knd of hard from getting all the maps to look alike but it's definitely doable.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2006, 11:28:32 am »
a good idea ;)
yes from me, i like it :P

Offline psyl3ntshad0w

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2006, 09:38:40 pm »
tybs idea kind of works but it's still unfair in the sense that team a and d dont have to deal with b and c as much if they take their own tunnel routes...

seems like the most fair map would be all the bases in the same area and just semi-random spawns...

basically 4 team flag frenzy.

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2006, 10:10:16 pm »
I wouldnt play it. Teams would be stacked as hell, 1 team would dominate the entire time and only rarley would there be an even match.

No.
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2006, 10:29:47 pm »
Dont like it. Would be impossible to make.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2006, 10:38:30 pm »

I agree. There's some map out there -- Death Mountain? -- which features high and low team placement that perfectly showcases the disadvantages of having to jet to grab and having to endure an endless rain of grenades and bullets. Gravity will always give the higher team the advantage for the same reasons that high positioning on a map will give any player an advantage.

Offline Blade

• Major(1)
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2006, 02:36:18 am »
How about the map is at the very top of the map, and all the bases are on the ground..just slightely spread out?

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2006, 03:29:08 am »
Why not have all the bases on a level plain, with the flag a fair distance above, or below? Tweak the maps so the teams on the far left and right don't have a longer trip to the flag... I don't see a problem with that.

But like Mancer said, it'd be difficult to get a fair game with reasonably even teams.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2006, 04:40:42 am »
team deathmatch, a black flag in the middle of the map (or hidden somewhre across the map, not in the same spot every time) and every team has a white flag (like inf) in their base. fight for the flag, bring it home, and score!...
Sounds like a plan.....
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Tybs

• Major
  • Slide away!
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2006, 05:00:48 am »

This should work out, i think. Teams B and C have more trouble with enemies, but can choose between two routes to take the flag back. In realistic, this would be nice.

There could also be different flag spawns, this would give something like this:

Again, it would work best with realistic mode IMO.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2006, 11:25:20 am »
Not bad ideas there.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2006, 02:14:27 pm »
Those are the only good ideas, actually (where all teams spawn flat and symmetrical). :P That's the problem with any game modes that use 3+ teams more complicated than TeamMatch.

Offline Kinky noob

• Camper
  • This is shugo he likes to eat his fingers!
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2006, 03:49:09 pm »
BE cool but one problem ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO TRY......

No matter how many people say they like it (inclueding me i would love this) it just wont work unless MM himself makes it work.....That my dear frend makes grown men cry at nite.....TearTear...