Poll

Should be "thinking bots" [Systhetic Intelligence] added to soldat ? - Read teh text first...

Yes, I dream of
Yes
I am not sure
No
Never !!!

Author Topic: New "thinking bots" ?  (Read 9801 times)

Offline LORD KILLA

• Camper
  • Happie
Re: New "thinking bots" ?
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2009, 04:30:38 am »
You have my word, too.
And it neednt to be 'implememded' into soldat.exe, it should be able to get all pixels of the game-screen and work with these. dont worry, i make worse apps then you ;)

Offline poodleinacan

• Soldier
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2009, 01:24:22 pm »
A AI is a beter idea. (no waypointing to do.........heaven!)
Thinking bot (made out of metal (and other things) and hard drives) ain't really possible with wath our describing. Also if the bot is thinking, well he could control some constants and contrants of the game. (that is if it evolves and gain powers).
And finnally it would result into not felling god by killing a bot mutiple times (a bot that can think by itself).
After 3 years, I'm back on the forums!

Offline offspring92

• Major(1)
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2009, 10:04:10 pm »
Well having bots that think smart prob. wouldnt really solve much. Because like they said is that most ppl play online. I play with bots and online like half-half. Because im Ok at soldat and i dont call myself "good" i dont feel like playing online as much so i play with bots and try to get better with M79 and Barret (spelled wrong?)

I no this is off subject: But i think IMO that there really only 4 weps thats pro and the rest are basicly newb weps. Like Barret, M79, Law, and Knife are the only pro weapons. It takes skill to use those. Im tired of all the ppl using machine guns and Spas because those are weapons that some one who just started playing can own with.

Back to topic: I also face bots alot because my computer/internet sucks badly so alot of servers i get that lag where they doing that random jumps and other stuff like u shoot some one and then like 5-10 seconds they die. Another good thing about bots is that if your internet stops working for any reason you can still face them.

IMO: i dont think theres a use to making bots think because most ppl who face bots only play them for internet problems and if they just started playing.

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2009, 09:43:00 am »
Well, bad news. My computer hard drive is dead, there is a chance I can get my files back.
That, and the computer I am on now may not even be able to play Soldat...

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2009, 03:12:38 pm »
Ever tried the Recuva recovery tool? It's from Piriform, the makers of CCleaner, try it for your lost data.
b&

Offline LORD KILLA

• Camper
  • Happie
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2009, 08:10:10 am »
Aww, really bad news :(
I hope you will recover all files (or most of them) =\ good luck
(is it coused of hard disc that you didnt post here?)

Offline Ketchup

• Major(1)
  • "If I can see it, I can kill it."
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2009, 09:32:09 pm »
I no this is off subject: But i think IMO that there really only 4 weps thats pro and the rest are basicly newb weps. Like Barret, M79, Law, and Knife are the only pro weapons. It takes skill to use those. Im tired of all the ppl using machine guns and Spas because those are weapons that some one who just started playing can own with.

Maybe the Barret, but for the rest... you're joking right?  ???

And yes, thinking bots would be awesome, maybe they should have the ability to not see players hiding in grass. It would make it the possibility of some stealth missions.
"If I can see it, I can kill it."
-[DO] Lt. Ketchup =S=

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2009, 11:15:03 am »

Maybe the Barret, but for the rest... you're joking right?  ???

And yes, thinking bots would be awesome, maybe they should have the ability to not see players hiding in grass. It would make it the possibility of some stealth missions.

That's
IF soldat gets a mission\story mod, for which this would be actually quite useful...
b&

Offline poodleinacan

• Soldier
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2009, 06:50:35 am »
OMG! skynet ! thats a great idea !
And maybe (they could "terminate" us (for those who didn't understand)).
After 3 years, I'm back on the forums!

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2009, 02:16:51 pm »
OMG! skynet ! thats a great idea !
And maybe (they could "terminate" us (for those who didn't understand)).

It's bots, not traffic\DefQon systems...
b&

Offline LORD KILLA

• Camper
  • Happie
« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2009, 04:03:19 am »
i would say, thats SI, not even bots ^^