Author Topic: Team Chat  (Read 881 times)

Offline nEttsE

• Soldier
  • I'm not hacker! I just love to eat all the bullets
Team Chat
« on: March 23, 2009, 06:49:28 am »
Hello. I've got a simple question: Why can team alpha read team chat of team beta (and inverse)? Why it is like this? If there will be realistic turned on, okay, it should be possible to "hear" enemies voice. But why is it in normal mod? I still misunderstand the meaning of it. Thanks for the answer.

Offline Luke Strife

• Major(1)
  • Erratic Englishman.
Re: Team Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 11:45:49 am »
The team chat (Default settings "Y" key) can only be seen by the opposing team if they are standing near you while you say it. The sentence appears above their head, but it doesn't appear in the main chat log unless you're on their team.
"The best warriors never have to fight."

"What is worth having is worth working for."

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 01:43:06 pm »
still, this pretty much could blow a lot of tactics, plans, secrets, reports...and mess up communications...i think it can be fixed by just not letting team-chat show above your head...i mean it's easier reading it in the log, right? i say this should be fixed cause it's minor glitches\bugs\mistakes like these that mess up the ATMOSPHERE of the game, not game play itself.
b&

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 02:13:09 pm »
I think it's still very important that people can see text above player who wrote something because you know exactly which player said that. From the other hand - when playing realistic & R/S modes you give info to the rest of the team like BASE HOT! (R/S - of course when you all still alive otherwise you are spying) opposite team players can easily see you cause of the text above the head, knowing your exact position not even seeing you.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:15:10 pm by Wookash »
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Luke Strife

• Major(1)
  • Erratic Englishman.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 05:46:28 pm »
I think it quite nicely mimics situations in real life where if you were close to an enemy, and they radio'd to their team. You'd hear them if you were close by, but far away you wouldn't.

I don't think it needs a change.
"The best warriors never have to fight."

"What is worth having is worth working for."

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 02:00:23 am »
Haha.
Team chat appearing above the head is there, as others have said, because if you are close to an enemy and they decide to blurt out crap to their team mates, you will hear it. Removing it or "fixing" it will not be done. It adds an extra element to gameplay. There is no valid reason to remove it.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 02:23:05 am »
Got the point.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Gnoblar

• Flagrunner
  • Wherever Justice needs to be served.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 08:49:52 am »
EnEsCe is god after all...