Author Topic: Bullet Trails  (Read 904 times)

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
Bullet Trails
« on: February 26, 2009, 05:18:58 am »
This thread is for... discussing the bullet trail feature.  Here's a list of advantages and disadvantages I've got on the spot -

Advantages

+ Since your bullets leave a mark, it's easier to figure out the arc of the gun (possibly making you more accurate)
+ For nades waiting for you to step on them, they leave a glowing green line when they lightly bounce around on the ground
+ Easier to see M79 shells, easy to dodge @ mid-long range
+ Gotta admit, it looks pretty cool

Disadvantages

- It's kinda like useless graphics - it obviously doesn't do any damage, so maybe it's just there to get in your way
- You can see clearer when spray's everywhere (e.g. Viet top)

That's all I can think of for now.. so, discuss? :)

EDIT: Personally I don't use the trails
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: Bullet Trails
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 05:47:56 am »
makes it easier to spot and "calculate". and, it looks better.

so yes, I use it.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 06:26:50 am »
An add-on: you can see the smoke from the LAW missile.

I personally use the trails. I find that it looks a lot nicer and easier to track enemy bullets.

There's a disadvantage that I am quite certain of, backfiring from the fact that bullets look more visible. The bullet trail makes the bullet appear longer/bigger, so it can kinda make it more difficult to estimate the bullet location and dodge the bullets (especially from fast-firing weapons) since your judgment would be kinda clouded and the scene looks more chaotic.

I don't see any genuine differences between having it on or off. It's just visual perception, like comparing having sniper line to without sniper line. The only difference is that sniper line can be enabled and disabled by pressing Alt F2, and the sniper line may be disabled on some servers.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 06:31:33 am by STM1993 »

Offline Platehead

• Flagrunner
  • Platehead
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 02:06:56 am »
You can see smoke from the LAW missile regardless of whether it's on or off... I think
"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels." -- Augustine

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 05:54:14 am »
What I like, is that it looks way cooler when you shoot and throw etc. It adds that extraness!
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Shadow_Knight

• Major
  • ingame a.k.a Hitokiri Batoussai.
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 10:04:56 am »
i use trails too. Mostly cuz it looks lot nicer, and gets easier to play on those days when you can't seem to hit anything.

Have you epicly failed today?