Author Topic: Berreta M9 Gfx Accuracy + NEW FULL MOD: J.A.M.  (Read 8861 times)

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
Berreta M9 Gfx Accuracy + NEW FULL MOD: J.A.M.
« on: February 18, 2009, 04:54:36 pm »
In addition to working on my Colt .45 gfx (located here :http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=32815.0 ), I'm also working on a Berreta M9 (or M92) 9mm gfx.

EDIT: I have decided to make a full mod, and the interface-gfx is being produced here.

I'd love all help, but please, include advice on exactly how to improve the gfx in addition to including it's imperfections.

Thanks.

FULL MOD:

Dual Colt .45s   
Steyr TMP
Ak-47
M-16 A2
Spas-12
H&K G3
M-16 M203
M14 DMR
FN P-90
H&K G-36

Berreta M9

Ka Bar
(Unknown)  ???
MP5K

Mod Name: JAM or, Just Another Mod. The United States Secret Service has a special, custom issue sniper rifle made solely for them. They named it, the JAR- for Just Another Rifle. Well, along with all the other mods... this is JAM.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:05:53 am by gladiator2 »

What Revelations 6:8 SHOULD say: "And behold a pale horse, and his name who sat on him was Death... and all of the United States Marine Corps followed with him."

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
Re: Berreta M9 Gfx Accuracy
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 06:39:13 pm »
Needs work, might be my monitor but I see only fully black pistol. So the shadin' can't be discussed by me. But the shape needs work. Anyway , try to keep this in one topic. Could be my mistake but I guess you made one pistol on another topic which didn't look really completed. So try to finish one thing 1st and then make topic after a while or keep it in one topic. Thanks and good luck.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 06:43:22 pm »
Needs work, might be my monitor but I see only fully black pistol. So the shadin' can't be discussed by me. But the shape needs work. Anyway , try to keep this in one topic. Could be my mistake but I guess you made one pistol on another topic which didn't look really completed. So try to finish one thing 1st and then make topic after a while or keep it in one topic. Thanks and good luck.

Uh, no, it's got different colors. Black, dark grey, and light grey.

Sorry about posting two topics. I sorta wanted to get my money's worth outta peoples' advice.  ;)

I'm toying with the idea of making a new mod. I don't know... If not, I'll just make partial mods of Colt. 45 variants and M9 variants.

What Revelations 6:8 SHOULD say: "And behold a pale horse, and his name who sat on him was Death... and all of the United States Marine Corps followed with him."

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 06:58:33 pm »
Try and make it to scale with your latest 1911.

Also try and keep all your WIP stuff in one thread.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 07:05:47 pm »
Try and make it to scale with your latest 1911.

Also try and keep all your WIP stuff in one thread.

Yeah, that was my bad... Is there any way I can move it to the 1911 thread?

I'll see what I can do with the scaling.

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 07:12:30 pm »
Actually it needs a lot of work. From the picture you're showin' the pistol got too different shape, I see you wanted to make a lot of details which made the weapon less accurate and actually out of shape.

GOD STOP IT ! 2 posts while I was writin' just because I was lazy to post it and I was browsin'.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 07:18:24 pm »
Dairy, look at this gfx, and tell me what's wrong with it, because I just resized the M9 a little to make it a tad bigger.

Thanks.

Here:

Edit:

I just know there's something wrong with it, I just don't know what. Please tell me what, and a possible way to fix it. Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 07:21:00 pm by gladiator2 »

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 10:34:24 pm »
Why's it so dark? :/
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 11:23:11 pm »
I'm not sure... bad choice of colors.

I can try to improve it's colors tomorrow. Do you think it's a little "squarish?"

Gladiator2- solid out.

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 07:45:42 am »
2nd one looks like a DE IMO

You should make a topic for all your weapons, don't make different ones if you are doing them that fast

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 07:49:57 am »
2nd one looks like a DE IMO

You should make a topic for all your weapons, don't make different ones if you are doing them that fast

It does, doesn't it? It looks like a 9mm DE. How should I fix it?

Yeah, my bad for making a new topic. I wasn't sure what procedure was...

Here:

I just got bored yesterday, and drew the m9.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 08:07:19 am by gladiator2 »

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 08:08:27 am »
It's hard to describe for you some help when you're not listening. It's just interface picture so you should care too much but anyway at least it could be similar. The weapon you made doesn't look too much of an M9.

The shape is wrong and the colorin' is too dark for me so I can't even say what's wrong. Probably try again from scratch could work, not resize the actual picture.

Here's an example of my M9:

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 08:15:49 am »
It's hard to describe for you some help when you're not listening. It's just interface picture so you should care too much but anyway at least it could be similar. The weapon you made doesn't look too much of an M9.

The shape is wrong and the colorin' is too dark for me so I can't even say what's wrong. Probably try again from scratch could work, not resize the actual picture.

Here's an example of my M9:

I absolutely agree mine needs work...

but to be honest, you're looks.... fat...

The handle is too short, the trigger is blurry, the slide is blurry, the barrel isn't there, and there's an incline on the muzzle.

The M9 partially shows the top part of the barrel. If you ever used one, that's a unique feature of the M9 that you'd remember. At the end of the barrel, the slide covers it with the front sight. Mine... conveys that. Yours doesn't.

I can't believe you're telling me that my work sucks, and then you put that crap up. I'm sorry, but come on! What're you, yankin' my chain?

Not listening? I improved the shading a little. I want this weapon to be black. But I will lighten it (not now, 'cause I'm late).

Meanwhile, seriously, fix that thing.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:07:37 am by gladiator2 »

Offline AquaByrd

• Soldier
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 08:26:59 am »
In my opinion, the top of the barrel / cocking handle looks too flat.
My sig was 300 x 120, the maximum size is 300 x 125. Check next time will you.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 09:15:43 am »

Sorry, but what do you mean? How can I fix it?

EDIT:

I've decided to make a full mod, but I want every interface-gfx to be perfect. I already have the Weapons-gfx nailed down; they're small and easy. And I have the sfx.

This will be the weapons list:
Dual Colt .45s
Steyr TMP
Ak-47
M-16 A2
Spas-12
H&K G3
M-16 M203
M14 DMR
FN P-90
H&K G-36

Berreta M9
Ka Bar
(Unknown)
MP5K

For the M-16s and G36s, I have different variants that you can choose from, but I don't know how to make that nice program that does so.

And I would like to perfect each gfx one at a time, rather than put them all up and have numerous, confusing, chaotic advice for all the guns. I really appreciate all the help.  :D

But don't expect a paycheck!  ;D

Here:

I actually think that looks better. I really want to hit the nail on the head with this.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:54:02 am by gladiator2 »

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
Re: Berreta M9 Gfx Accuracy + NEW FULL MOD
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 10:17:37 am »
Well, stay close minded. I don't really care. I wish you could improve.

I never siad your work suck even If I might think it. But you started to be an offensive being just because of some critique isn't the best way to prove your work is worth of something anyway.

Good luck.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 10:25:56 am »
Well, stay close minded. I don't really care. I wish you could improve.

I never siad your work suck even If I might think it. But you started to be an offensive being just because of some critique isn't the best way to prove your work is worth of something anyway.

Good luck.

Dairy, it's apparent that we're not on the same page here....

I am listening to your advice. Now, you may want to re-read this thread, 'cause the way I see it:

1. you tell me you only see black.
2. I say it's got other colors.
3. You give some advice.
4. I tell you I just resized it and made it a little bigger, and ask if the previous advice is still valid to the bigger pic, or if you have new advice.
5. You say I'm not listening, and to improve the color. You then post a picture of your blurry M9.

Now I don't know if you've got a bad monitor or what, but I am improving the shading.

I want this gfx to clearly show the M9's unique slide, 'cause most automatics house the entire barrel in the slide.

Now, if you'd like to help me, I really appreciate it. But if you're gonna mis-interpret me, and post your work, no thanks.

Offline AquaByrd

• Soldier
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 10:28:35 am »

Sorry, but what do you mean? How can I fix it?

I actually think that looks better. I really want to hit the nail on the head with this.

Thanks.

The problem with that is large areas are all one colour. Even if it's flat, you want to give it a slight texturing to make it look less flat if you know what I mean.

Take the area around the revolving chamber on my Raging Bull for example. I've varied the shade of the silver enough for it to look flat, but not too flat. Feel free to play around with that.

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 10:44:54 am »
Probably my monitor is the only source of problem here. *IRONY*

Anywa, you changed the colors so NOW I can see the difference. It's much better but still I don't really understand the texture and the shadin' style when I compare it to the picture you posted.

My M9 was just as example. I didn't say you have to make it like that. I ment the texturising and kind of shape. Blurry it's because I used AA.

Could you show some in-game picture of that Interface ?

Miss-interpret you ? What does that exactly mean ? Anyway If you don't want to, don't listen to me. I can't explain everything as others do because my english is bad. Still I feel some arogance from you. The weapon I made (M9) looks like that because I was working with picture from actual game (Call of duty 4). I wanted to catch all details. At least I tryed but that's not important.

EDIT: Just to make you more interested I'll post No-blurry version.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 10:59:12 am »
Probably my monitor is the only source of problem here. *IRONY*

Anywa, you changed the colors so NOW I can see the difference. It's much better but still I don't really understand the texture and the shadin' style when I compare it to the picture you posted.

My M9 was just as example. I didn't say you have to make it like that. I ment the texturising and kind of shape. Blurry it's because I used AA.

Miss-interpret you ? What does that exactly mean ? Anyway If you don't want to, don't listen to me. I can't explain everything as others do because my english is bad. Still I feel some arogance from you. The weapon I made (M9) looks like that because I was working with picture from actual game (Call of duty 4). I wanted to catch all details. At least I tryed but that's not important.

EDIT: Just to make you more interested I'll post No-blurry version.

Hey, it's all good.

I know my shading is a little screwy on this one, and I need to really improve that.  Here's a modified pic:

I can't show you an in game image (now) 'cause I'm on a computer that doesn't have soldat. But I can later.

When I said mis-interpret, I meant that I think you giving advice, and then me posting the bigger pic and asking for advice, made you think that I wasn't paying attention to your advice, and you mis-interpreted what happened: I enlarged the pic, and wasn't sure if your previous advice still held.

Ugh, that's actually a little confusing...

Thanks.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 03:31:14 pm »
Your shape is rather nice g2. Don't get yourself too worked up about shading.

Dairy -- your M9 is terrible compared to your other guns >.<
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 03:56:33 pm »
Your shape is rather nice g2. Don't get yourself too worked up about shading.

Dairy -- your M9 is terrible compared to your other guns >.<

Really? Thanks, Espadon. Now the other 11 weapons....

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 04:16:02 pm »
Well that is only one I've got ...or only one I found. Anyway I just wanted to be useful. We'll see what he is capable of.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 04:21:22 pm »
Well that is only one I've got ...or only one I found. Anyway I just wanted to be useful. We'll see what he is capable of.

And thank you again, for your help Dairy. I really appreciate it.  8)

So... is the M9 alright? Move on to the Steyr TMP?

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 06:31:15 pm »

Here's a shot of it in the gameplay:

And here's the, yet-again, modified version of it that I had to fix because it looked bad in gameplay:

It looks a lot clearer in actual gameplay. The imperfections are from photobucket screwing it up.
I'm glad you thought of that, 'cause the perimeter of the m9 wasn't clear with that awful background.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 06:33:22 pm by gladiator2 »

Offline AquaByrd

• Soldier
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2009, 07:00:20 pm »
The MP5 mechanism housing looks horrible compared to the rest of it.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 07:04:01 pm »
The MP5 mechanism housing looks horrible compared to the rest of it.

-What?

Oh, forget that. That's just my "Junk Mod," where I randomly make weapons and see what they look like. Those MP5s need total overhauls. In fact, all of the weapons gfx in my junk mod need fixing.

Some of those weapons will be in this new mod, like the M-14, G36 SAW, Spas, and mp5k.

But look at the M9. Is that alright?

Offline AquaByrd

• Soldier
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 07:15:13 pm »
Yeah, it's pretty good. I can't see the ingame pic too well because it's blurry. The lack of shading in this case looks quite good and I feel that you could adapt that to be your style of modding.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2009, 07:19:19 pm »
Yeah, it's pretty good. I can't see the ingame pic too well because it's blurry. The lack of shading in this case looks quite good and I feel that you could adapt that to be your style of modding.

Thanks. Yeah, I know it a bad, blurry picture. But in-game it does look good. If you can, temporarily copy the M9 and paste it into a mod and then run said mod to see.

I'm actually really happy with this Berreta. On the first thread post, I have what I started with here, and next to it is the latest one.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 07:21:00 pm by gladiator2 »

Offline AquaByrd

• Soldier
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2009, 07:20:57 pm »
What you wanna do, is save the picture as a .png so whichever site you upload it to doesn't convert it to .jpeg.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 07:22:35 pm »
What you wanna do, is save the picture as a .png so whichever site you upload it to doesn't convert it to .jpeg.

Actually, I tried that. I tried imageshack, but it gave me an image the size of a tiny post-it, and I couldn't re-size it.

I use photobucket for the larger pictures, and imageshack for the small, gfx pics.

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2009, 07:41:39 pm »

Actually, I tried that. I tried imageshack, but it gave me an image the size of a tiny post-it, and I couldn't re-size it.

I use photobucket for the larger pictures, and imageshack for the small, gfx pics.
http://tinypic.com/
Works alot better.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2009, 07:46:52 pm »

http://tinypic.com/
Works alot better.

Alright, here we go:

Offline AquaByrd

• Soldier
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2009, 07:48:34 pm »
How you expect us to see that? It's diddy. O.o

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 07:59:32 pm »
Says guy who saves images as JPGs on paint >.>

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 08:02:40 pm »
You're doing something wrong. How are you saving your files?
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline AquaByrd

• Soldier
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 08:03:52 pm »
Since when do I save images as .Jpegs in paint? O.o

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 11:16:19 pm »

Woah. I had to run, and didn't really see how that turned out...

Normally. The size of the previous image that was a little blurry is the exact size.

Is there a site that's easy to use, like photobucket, that doesn't make the image blurry?

Besides, guys, this isn't worth it for the image. We all see that the M9 is alright in gameplay. If you want, you can temporarily paste it into a mod's socom slot and see yourself.

Are the Colt 45s and M9 alright? If so, I'll move on to the Steyr TMP:

And it should look like this:

All help is greatly appreciated. I'm gone for now. Thanks.

Semper Fi.

G2, Solid out.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 11:22:16 pm by gladiator2 »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2009, 12:13:13 am »
The berreta m9 needs a black outline, not the darkest color you used for the shading! If you have black detaillines IN the weapon you can use darkest color, but please let the black outline stay, that is important!

Offline AquaByrd

• Soldier
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2009, 06:53:16 am »

Woah. I had to run, and didn't really see how that turned out...

Normally. The size of the previous image that was a little blurry is the exact size.

Is there a site that's easy to use, like photobucket, that doesn't make the image blurry?

Besides, guys, this isn't worth it for the image. We all see that the M9 is alright in gameplay. If you want, you can temporarily paste it into a mod's socom slot and see yourself.

Are the Colt 45s and M9 alright? If so, I'll move on to the Steyr TMP:

And it should look like this:

All help is greatly appreciated. I'm gone for now. Thanks.

Semper Fi.

G2, Solid out.

You need to make the muzzle darker.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2009, 07:23:17 am »
The berreta m9 needs a black outline, not the darkest color you used for the shading! If you have black detaillines IN the weapon you can use darkest color, but please let the black outline stay, that is important!

Yeah, I kinda learned that one the hard way...  ;)

Right now, the most recent modified M9 has a very dark outline (perimeter). Do you think it's okay, or should it perhaps be darker?

You need to make the muzzle darker.

Okay, here:

G2

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2009, 07:42:30 am »
Put your current progress in the first post

I like how you used my Spas outline xD

Player since late 2007

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2009, 07:46:39 am »
Put your current progress in the first post

I like how you used my Spas outline xD

Heh, just wait 'till the wolves get to it.

I'm not sure yet if I want to use that Spas. Would it be alright with you if I did?

Also, do you think the Steyr TMP is too small? Should I resize it?

Offline [SIRS]Foxconn^^2012

• Soldier
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2009, 08:30:34 am »
TMP is ok...but dairy's weapons is "X" times better...keep making weapons for soldat...maybe soon you can be better than dairy. (wtf?!)

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2009, 09:07:03 am »
TMP is ok...but dairy's weapons is "X" times better...keep making weapons for soldat...maybe soon you can be better than dairy. (wtf?!)

...Okay.

Clearly you're a good friend of Dairy. That's cool.

I'm not asking you to take sides with friends. I'm asking for advice on how to perfect my weapons.

So, thank you for telling me that my TMP is "okay."

Would it be too much trouble to ask you how I can improve it?

Thank you.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 09:43:56 am by gladiator2 »

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2009, 09:47:40 am »
Gosh, stop tryin' to be so defensive. It doesn't matter if we are friends. To be honest I rarely know him. Probably he's just friendly as most of the modders around. Maybe he overused me but it's alright. The advices are all around you, there are plenty of tutorials and everybody should make their own style so do some experiments with the colors, shadin' and shapes. Try to zoom weapons which made other people, try to take them as your model. It's not easy to just comment somebodys work when he wants advices and right on he disslike them. Your weapons are original.

Few things which I use :
-Tryin' to make the outline as realistic as possible. Details.
-Shadin' the same. There are two ways. Use less colors but they have to be nicely chosen. Then they make the weapon really nice OR use many colors, sometimes randomness isn't bad. But that comes with practice, wisely chosen random colors make magic. Sometimes.
-Use solid black only on OUTLINE
-Weapons should be 1:1 to each other. That means they should be with same rate. I mean not one extra small when you compare it to the others. Sometimes I use exceptions to wepaons which would be too small. Pistol as secondary or others which won't make mess with the others.
Depents on creator.
-Weapons-gfx should be realistic so 1:1 with the gostek = but with this I can't really help because I know my weapons-gfx suck.
-Try to use the most realistic sounds, I mean if it's silenced - use silenced. I know stupid advice but sometimes people forget it. Use nice loud sounds. I preffer agressive sounds. Which makes Soldat more assault, aggresive and completize the rage, fast, gore atmosphere.
-For gosteks, I'm makin' them rarely and I'm not good at it. But for me too big gosteks are crap and makes many mistakes with aim.
-Interface is mostly not important for me but you can make many various creations just from your fantasy which makes it almost biggest fun for people who like to be creative and make things on their own.
-Oh and for weapons intefrace. It's not that important. You see them like 5% of all time you play soldat. But the Soldat Forums fashion it's lately very important - for unknown reason to me.
It's me I just love to make them and I spend most of the time to creating them. My fault. Anyway, they're probably makin' the visual effect of releasin'. Make people think the mod is nice and so. I mean, it's a eye-candy part of the mod and it makes people to download it. Something like Tv spots makes people buy crappy shizzle.

That's it. Don't take everything so personaly. I hate kids who just start to cry and defend themself just after one critizin' them for few pixels of thing for free game. Enjoy the work you're makin' and be glad somebody likes it. That's it.

Good job.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2009, 10:04:40 am »
Gosh, stop tryin' to be so defensive. It doesn't matter if we are friends. To be honest I rarely know him. Probably he's just friendly as most of the modders around. Maybe he overused me but it's alright. The advices are all around you, there are plenty of tutorials and everybody should make their own style so do some experiments with the colors, shadin' and shapes. Try to zoom weapons which made other people, try to take them as your model. It's not easy to just comment somebodys work when he wants advices and right on he disslike them. Your weapons are original.

Few things which I use :
-Tryin' to make the outline as realistic as possible. Details.
-Shadin' the same. There are two ways. Use less colors but they have to be nicely chosen. Then they make the weapon really nice OR use many colors, sometimes randomness isn't bad. But that comes with practice, wisely chosen random colors make magic. Sometimes.
-Use solid black only on OUTLINE
-Weapons should be 1:1 to each other. That means they should be with same rate. I mean not one extra small when you compare it to the others. Sometimes I use exceptions to wepaons which would be too small. Pistol as secondary or others which won't make mess with the others.
Depents on creator.
-Weapons-gfx should be realistic so 1:1 with the gostek = but with this I can't really help because I know my weapons-gfx suck.
-Try to use the most realistic sounds, I mean if it's silenced - use silenced. I know stupid advice but sometimes people forget it. Use nice loud sounds. I preffer agressive sounds. Which makes Soldat more assault, aggresive and completize the rage, fast, gore atmosphere.
-For gosteks, I'm makin' them rarely and I'm not good at it. But for me too big gosteks are crap and makes many mistakes with aim.
-Interface is mostly not important for me but you can make many various creations just from your fantasy which makes it almost biggest fun for people who like to be creative and make things on their own.
-Oh and for weapons intefrace. It's not that important. You see them like 5% of all time you play soldat. But the Soldat Forums fashion it's lately very important - for unknown reason to me.
It's me I just love to make them and I spend most of the time to creating them. My fault. Anyway, they're probably makin' the visual effect of releasin'. Make people think the mod is nice and so. I mean, it's a eye-candy part of the mod and it makes people to download it. Something like Tv spots makes people buy crappy shizzle.

That's it. Don't take everything so personaly. I hate kids who just start to cry and defend themself just after one critizin' them for few pixels of thing for free game. Enjoy the work you're makin' and be glad somebody likes it. That's it.

Good job.

Finished?  ;)

Dairy, there's something you have to understand about me. Usually, I'm just kidding around. It's my nature. You can't always take me as being 100% dead serious. I love other people's advice, because they're usually right. [SIRS] didn't really give me advice at all. He said the TMP as "okay" and that's about it.

Well, thank you, [SIRS] but I kinda need to make this mod already. I've got other things in my life to contend to, so I need to perfect the weapons, package it, ship it, publish it, and have done with it. So, while you're actually on this thread, posting, please add any advice.

Dairy, right now I'm not interested in tutorials. I want to put up the imperfect pic, get help, and make it right. I don't want to go to the trouble of posting the finished mod, only to have people tell me it's got problems.

Generally, the rifles and MGs are gonna be smaller in ratio to the handguns. I can't really help that, 'cause I want the handguns to be big and detailed, yet I also want the rifles to fit in their slots.

I know the interfact-gfx is eyecandy, but since when is candy supposed to look bad? ;)

Anyway, back to the topic at hand: The TMP. What's wrong with it? Too small?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:07:17 am by gladiator2 »

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2009, 10:07:20 am »
Make another weapon to know with what we can compare it. Now the size is okay. But when the other weapons will be too big/small it will need some fixing.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2009, 10:09:21 am »
Make another weapon to know with what we can compare it. Now the size is okay. But when the other weapons will be too big/small it will need some fixing.

Solid Copy. Here's the AK-47 that comes next. It should give you an idea of what the large rifles will be like in size.

EDIT:

And here's the M-16, which I mine as well put up, since it's from a different mod of mine (M-16 + M4 Pack).

And also the m-16/ m203:

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:19:50 am by gladiator2 »

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2009, 10:36:05 am »
the ak clip isnt enough curved
the m16 has to have the curve like your ak has
the grips are a bit too small
the m203 is too big, it  should have 2/3 of its current length
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2009, 10:40:19 am »
the ak clip isnt enough curved
the m16 has to have the curve like your ak has
the grips are a bit too small
the m203 is too big, it  should have 2/3 of its current length

Where were you in the M-16 + M4 Pack mod?  ;)

Okay, so curve the ak and M-16 mags, and make the 203 a little smaller.

On it. Give me a second.

Thanks.

EDIT:

Though I agree with you on the Ak's mag, and the M-16's mag, I don't with the m203. Check this out:

The red lines are the exact size, and we can thus conclude that the barrel of the M-16 is the same height as the m203. Same with mine.

AK:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 03:26:15 pm by gladiator2 »

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2009, 07:41:09 pm »
Must move this mod along...

Forget one at a time... ironically... I don't have the time.  ;)

So here are the rest of them. To see the full list, just look at the begining of this thread.

Spas-12
H&K G3
M14 DMR
FN P-90
H&K G-36
Ka Bar
MP5K

When everyone is satisfied with these gfxes, I'll package them up along with their weapons-gfxes and sfxes.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
Re: Berreta M9 Gfx Accuracy + NEW FULL MOD: J.A.M.
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2009, 09:09:26 pm »
General tips..

-Don't use black in the weapon itself, just use it for the outline.
-Your shading needs some more contrast. Make the highlights a little brighter, and the shading a bit darker.
-Make your weapons a bit bigger so that you can fit more detail.
-As a whole, most of your weapons are too thin.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2009, 09:13:33 pm »
I'd say they're a good size. You don't need to work huge to suggest detail.
CRYSO | HLT                        

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2009, 09:27:17 pm »
Maybe it's just how thin they are.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2009, 07:15:59 am »
General tips..

-Don't use black in the weapon itself, just use it for the outline.
-Your shading needs some more contrast. Make the highlights a little brighter, and the shading a bit darker.
-Make your weapons a bit bigger so that you can fit more detail.
-As a whole, most of your weapons are too thin.

I agree, insofar as that I need to improve the contrast and dark lines...

But how are they too thin? I carefully scaled them to accurate proportions.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2009, 07:35:52 am »
Whenever there's a choice to go one pixel either way and stay more or less accurate, go for the extra one. And sometimes, with weapons this small, you have to exaggerate certain parts of the gun a bit. Pure accuracy often returns unrecognizable results.

Offline gladiator2

• Major
  • Future USMC soldier
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2009, 09:01:35 am »
Whenever there's a choice to go one pixel either way and stay more or less accurate, go for the extra one. And sometimes, with weapons this small, you have to exaggerate certain parts of the gun a bit. Pure accuracy often returns unrecognizable results.

Alright...

which one needs that? The rifles are about 60-ish by 18-ish pixels in size, which means they fit nicely in the game's weapons list, but you make them any longer, they run into the text. Any higher, they run into each other.

So how do you make them... fatter... without sacrificing accuracy and without ruining the list?

I think the spas is okay (in terms of fatness), so please use the G3 as an example.

Thanks.