Author Topic: SimpleZombie  (Read 2686 times)

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
SimpleZombie
« on: January 09, 2009, 08:51:44 am »
Script Name: SimpleZombie
Script Description All you need for a simple Zombie server.
Author: JFK
Compile Test: Passed
Core Version: 2.6.3
Hosted by: Soldat Central - http://soldatcentral.com/

Full Description:
SimpleZombie v2.0
by JFK
Thanks to KeyDon and Mr. Domino

Reads from a textfile what bots and how much to add.
Will automatically add bots when server starts, will re-check everytime a bot gets kicked, on map change and by command.
Also makes sure players keep in the right team.
Two global constants can be optionally changed: ZombieTeam, and ZombieFile.

The textfile can contain information about as many bots as you like, in the following format:
FileName of bot
inGame Name of bot (usually same as filename)
Number of bots to be spawned of this type

example (will create 3 bots called Boogie Man and 2 called sniper):

Boogie Man
Boogie Man

Sniper
Sniper

ingame commands are:
/loadzombies : will reload zombiefile and read zombies
/addzombies  : re-check the number of zombies and add if needed
/showzombies : show a list of zombies that are currently loaded

(Size 4.74 KB)
- http://soldatcentral.com/index.php?page=script&f=86 -

Alternative Link

** Script hosted by Soldat Central! Please visit the author's script page and Rate this script **
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 08:53:23 am by JFK »
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline corl45

• Major
  • PWNED!
    • www.freewebs.com/tylersmod
Re: SimpleZombie
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 05:32:18 pm »
Thanks dude. works perfectly.  I use this with my weapon shop script to make a local zombie mod that you have to buy weapons, me and my brother play on. very useful.
BE AWESOME!

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 08:21:56 pm »
Yep, it's a great script. :) The /addzombies command does seem redundant since I can't see how the server could find itself in a position where zombies need to be added given that it checks and adjusts the zombie team every time there is a change. It's a perfect script for servers looking to retain a certain number of bots at all times. Realize that admins cannot abuse/bypass this script while in play, which can be a blessing or curse depending upon your view on people fiddling around with the number of bots.

Offline hock3y

• Major(1)
    • Soldat Armory
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 12:14:31 pm »
Cool script, I will probably use this in my server. Is there any way you could add to make a certain amount of zombies depending on the amount of players? Like if there is 1 player, 10 zombies, 2 players, 12 zombies, etc.

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 02:35:49 pm »
Cool script, I will probably use this in my server. Is there any way you could add to make a certain amount of zombies depending on the amount of players? Like if there is 1 player, 10 zombies, 2 players, 12 zombies, etc.

Although I could use quite some code from this script, what you propose will probably ask for a different programming structure. Besides imo that option it doesn't fit in the 'simple'-part. I just might make an extended version of this script one day with options like that, but don't wait for it ;)

Also do check out some 'zombie-rpg' scripts. These usually have options like that and you might be able to turn a lot of other options off, taking out the rpg-part.
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline hock3y

• Major(1)
    • Soldat Armory
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 05:18:32 pm »

Although I could use quite some code from this script, what you propose will probably ask for a different programming structure. Besides imo that option it doesn't fit in the 'simple'-part. I just might make an extended version of this script one day with options like that, but don't wait for it ;)

Also do check out some 'zombie-rpg' scripts. These usually have options like that and you might be able to turn a lot of other options off, taking out the rpg-part.

Fair enough, was just wondering. For now I'll be using this though as I couldn't find anything that quite worked how I wanted it to. Thanks for this script again