Author Topic: [WIP] EnergyWar - a work in progress  (Read 3033 times)

DarkCrusade

[WIP] EnergyWar - a work in progress
« on: February 21, 2009, 11:14:58 am »
[WIP] EnergyWar - a work in progress

Hi there, I started a new mod which will be (if finished) a fullmodification :) Its story will handle about a postapocaliptic time in the year 2144, so something we could expect in the future [pigtail] Till now I made a unreg interface, the explosion (one from Explosive v2.5) and 9 weapons for interface and in game, but it wont have so many weapons like my factionwar (newest version: 48). Surely I will spent more time on it than on factionwar, I disliked some parts of my old modand that´s why I will put more effort in this 8)
Here - for the beginning - are some ingame-screens:

Like you can see there are some weapons missing and I need ideas for weapons, gosteks and some names, because most suck really :( That was all I wanted to say, if you could give me some tips I would be very happy ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 03:16:40 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
Re: [WIP] EnergyWar - a work in process
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 11:17:55 am »
Uhm work on shapes please.
Those handles look a bit strange for me, they are liek that \ :/ why?

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:19:57 am »
Uhm work on shapes please.
Those handles look a bit strange for me, they are liek that \ :/ why?

Dont know, but I will work on that :)

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 12:14:39 pm »
Example of redesigned Voltgun (adjust details amount to your style and theme). Blue color show "transparent" parts.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 02:15:28 pm »
Good ideas for the weapon, I have to thank you Henito ;)

EDIT: Colored version below :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 02:48:43 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 03:13:31 pm »
Now you are on good way, just keep experimentating with outlines. Even if they will sucks, try change them. Actual test weapons in your wip realease are good, just need some tweaks and variety in shapes.

Btw, work in progress (or wip, w.i.p)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 03:19:26 pm by Henito Kisou »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 03:16:25 pm »
Thanks for motivating :) I´ll change topic

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
Re: [WIP] EnergyWar - a work in progress
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 07:28:30 pm »
Gw so far

just a personal preference, don't use ImageShack, go to Tinypic and copy the Direct Link (or [IMG] tag)  Also, you can use photobucket (to upload multiple files).   Please, anything but imageshack >_>

Player since late 2007

DarkCrusade

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 08:02:37 pm »
just a personal preference, don't use ImageShack, go to Tinypic and copy the Direct Link (or [IMG] tag)  Also, you can use photobucket (to upload multiple files).   Please, anything but imageshack >_>

Okay, will go to tynipic if I can make you happy :)

Gw so far

What does gw means? ;D

I finished weapons almost, am experimentating with chainsaw and eagles and will start afterwards working on the gosteks

DarkCrusade

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 04:39:30 am »
- Bump -

I have some problems with the interface, the reload-bar is shown on a position I dont want it to be shown :( If you could fix the bug, I would be very glad, really ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 07:39:00 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline Hair|Trigger

• Veteran
  • HT|
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 05:29:54 am »
GW = Good Work

Screenshot the bug please, it's impolite and annoying when you rely on people to download some file that could be anything, especially .rars

Player since late 2007

DarkCrusade

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 07:34:11 am »
I am sorry Hair-Trigger, I will add screen now, but I thought I was honorable enough to be trusted :(

EDIT: You can see Interface in my post before
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 07:39:27 am by DarkCrusade »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 11:11:23 am »
Guys, I worked a lot on the mod, made new mecha-gosteks, made new sparks (blood, explosion, flames), made some new weapons to get the crappy ones away and changed the textes. Also I made 10 bots like I did for every other mod by me, which gives it a cool atmospeahre ;D

I will update my first posts in some days, but I´d like to get somebody to fix my interface I made, I will give credits for help then [pigtail]

DarkCrusade

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 03:23:42 am »
Okay, first really playable version of the mod with new sparks, gosteks weapons and more. Because starting a mod with normal background on modstarter is a bit boring I made also a new background for it ;D

EnergyWar - a work in progress

DOWNLOAD BELOW

I would like to get some suggestions to my mod espicially to the weapons ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:26:49 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 09:24:11 am »
Now that's more stylish than previous theme. Still needs some tweaks and updates, but this time gosteks and weapons have some personality. GJ.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 09:53:02 am »
Thank you Henito :) What is in your opinion the part of the mod which needs most work?

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 10:30:43 am »
- Shape of gosteks (I mean, they are nice, but when custom colors are used, they looks too generic), mostly team Alpha, but I like what you did with Bravo heads.

- More variety into weapon bullets. Most of them have similiar color scheme, so add some more like navy, green, red, yellow, white etc. Try to not repeat same color of bullet more than 2 weapons.

- Change the menucursor.bmp to something more neutral. Selecting weapons with this is annoying.

- Sligthly improve some interface guns. Try make for them more contrast like... some of them could be more subtle (distance weapons), when close combat should be more agressive in shape. Of course all of them can be little fixed with more rounded and smooth shape but dont forget about thing I mentioned before: longer distance weapon - more subtle and smooth, rounded may be, but close combat weapon as contrast could be more agressive in shape and colors.

So, in more poetic, long range weapons could be more female, when close combat should be more male.

Ahh, one more thing, try do not exceed weapon fires biggger than 6 pixels in height, because in-game this looks ugly, like weapon firing from another side, not from weapon directly.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 10:43:01 am by Henito Kisou »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 11:01:32 am »
Wow Henito, you are the best :) Love your suggestions [pigtail]

The bullets are really supposed to look the same since the theme of the map is a postapocaliptic "endwar" with weapons which go with the word electrocution :) But I will change them, should have done before, but I thought it would fit the theme ;D

Menucursor will be something like a hand or a enhanced cursor, you are right (like with everything ;D ), that the cursor is annoying ... much work to do :D

Before I read your post I made 2 new interface-gfx-guns for minimi and m79 to test, whether I find better layouts, what do you think about them? Old or new?

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 11:10:00 am »
New m79 is better, but old minimi is more accurate - that new looks like rifle, not automatic.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 11:41:09 am »
Kay, will work on shading and colors on new m79 and take it as new replace Thank you [pigtail]

EDIT: there are more changes on mod than shown in attachment, for example alpha gosteks do have now battlewings like those really stylish mechas in animes :)

I tried to come to the point with shape in relation to range, but I missed how to make the colors of gosteks better for custom colors, could you explain that to me?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 01:58:46 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline Henito Kisou

• Flagrunner
  • Cursed Mind
    • Me on deviantART
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2009, 02:02:24 pm »
Situations, where gosteks on all white looks ok (because shaded parts of body imitate more advanced body details than real amount of pixels) but in pixel shape when custom colors are selected looks strange. In ex. legs of gosteks in your mod looks ok when everything is set to white, but may not look good (spikes effect?) when black/darker colors are selected.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2009, 02:04:52 pm »
Yes it should kinda look like spikes, I will simply lighten them up and work them over again :)