Author Topic: Weekly SNAG WeaponStats  (Read 5763 times)

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
Weekly SNAG WeaponStats
« on: February 22, 2009, 03:04:22 pm »
Since the new beta 1.5 Weapon Balance is now on SNAG, I thought might as well save the stats each week in excel and post them up for everyone too see. Ill post the stats for the previous week every Saturday. I have posted the SCTFL 13 Stats from my own logs so we have a baseline in terms of what the weapon usage was pre-beta balance. I will post both the stats for each week and the trend in weapon usage from week to week. The first weeks stats shows the trend from SCTFL 13 to Week 1 of beta balance.

SCTFL 13 (1.4.2) Weapon Stats (Poop's Logs)
SCTFL 14 (1.5.0) Weapon Stats
Week 1: Ending 2/21/09
Week 2: Ending 2/28/09
Week 3: Ending 3/7/09
Week 4: Ending 3/14/09

Legend:
1. The bold number at the bottom of the "%" column is the variance of weapon usage. The lower the variance, the more variety there is in weapon usage (Thus implying they are more balanced). So lower variance is better.
2. P-Trend is the change in position from week to week of the weapon. What this means is if AK was the most used weapon last week, but this week it is the 5th most used, its P-Trend would be -4.
3. %-Trend is the change in usage from week to week. If Steyr was 10% of total kills last week and this week it is 8% of total kills, its %-Trend would be -20 (Its usage has decreased by 20%)
4. Modified variance excludes grenades and hands when calculating variance and takes into account the fact that primaries will generally have more kills than secondaries. Essentially Modified variance gives a better picture than Overall variance in terms of if weapon usage is balanced.

NOTE: A negative trend in variance means weapon usage variety has INCREASED (Variance measures the amount of dispersion in weapon usage).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:20:04 pm by Poop »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
Re: Weekly SNAG WeaponStats
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 07:37:01 pm »
cool, I'd like to see this on the european gather too.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 05:25:46 am »
Okay, what's the newest beta balance? Still that same experimental balance "Training"?

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 11:27:38 am »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 07:27:57 pm »
Ok, if you want to test the new weapon balance, you should start recording the kill stats couple weeks after you introduced the balance. The reason? Well, is because people didn't get used to the new balance yet, therefore, they would still use whatever it's good on the last balance, not this one.

Therefore I recommend that take another stat in a little while; give people time to get used to the new stat and to find the new overpowered weapon.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 07:46:12 pm »
Ok, if you want to test the new weapon balance, you should start recording the kill stats couple weeks after you introduced the balance. The reason? Well, is because people didn't get used to the new balance yet, therefore, they would still use whatever it's good on the last balance, not this one.

Therefore I recommend that take another stat in a little while; give people time to get used to the new stat and to find the new overpowered weapon.

Isn't that exactly what I am doing...?
-Albert Einstien

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 08:20:38 pm »
Sorta..

Week by week is good, just don't sum them up. At least don't sum the first couple weeks of data. Those are incredibly inaccurate, at least for balancing.

That's why you posted in this section right?

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 08:29:55 pm »
I am going to post each weeks stats separately along with the trend from the previous week to that week.
-Albert Einstien

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 08:45:10 pm »
I am going to post each weeks stats separately along with the trend from the previous week to that week.

Great.

Keep it up then.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 06:19:27 am »
Wow,

(some of the changes:)
Aug getting +1 damage and lower self-bink, MP5 with NO BINK, AK with -1 damage and lowered self-bink, Minimi with less movementacc and self-bink...

I like the MP5, the Aug doesn't need to gain more damage, the AK doesn't really need a decrease in self-bink, Minimi's buff is reasonable (though I'm against the reduction in self-bink)...

Minigun needs a faster reload.

And Remember how bink overwrites movementacc? Yep...

Alright, looks like the weapons in Soldat are kinda ready to get super buffed back to 1.2.1 level in some sense.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:26:01 am by STM1993 »

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 07:30:19 am »
Are these stats from the server, or from you?

Minimi needs a nerf.

Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline -Major-

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 07:37:58 am »
ruger needs nerf :| in fireinterval, not dmg.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 08:13:56 am »
Why not in dmg?
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 08:40:54 am »
From that server, which hosted that new balance.

http://rafb.net/p/z6Z7ae75.html
^ This is the link Poop provided earlier after I requested for the weapon.ini

Minimi needs a nerf.
I find its firepower extremely good, but its horrendous reload and high movementacc is often not practical. I agree it needs a nerf, but it somewhat needs a slight buff.

There have been many arguments about this... Ruger's meant to have superior firepower. However, the problem is that its overall firepower is too high. It is two hit kills most of the time even at long range and it also fires pretty fast (though its the slowest compared to previous Ruger balances).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 08:46:52 am by STM1993 »

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 08:59:13 am »
From that server, which hosted that new balance.

http://rafb.net/p/z6Z7ae75.html
^ This is the link Poop provided earlier after I requested for the weapon.ini

Minimi needs a nerf.
I find its firepower extremely good, but its horrendous reload and high movementacc is often not practical. I agree it needs a nerf, but it somewhat needs a slight buff.

There have been many arguments about this... Ruger's meant to have superior firepower. However, the problem is that its overall firepower is too high. It is two hit kills most of the time even at long range and it also fires pretty fast (though its the slowest compared to previous Ruger balances).
The other reason is that is is so damn easy to use and has barely any disadvantages if excluding the small clip.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 09:25:10 am »
Wow, mp5 is getting good, real good.

and what's with minimi getting buffed?

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 11:11:06 am »

Minimi needs a nerf.

The SCTFL Stats are from my logs excluding my own kills (They will obviously have a higher weight) and my clanmates kills (Same reason).

The SNAG stats are from the server.

---------------------------

Added stats for what percentage of total kills belong to Autos compared to semis and one-hits along with trend for that in general stats section.

---------------------------

Added modified variance and trends in variance.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:25:38 pm by Poop »
-Albert Einstien

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 11:34:05 pm »
Week 2 stats posted.
-Albert Einstien

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 10:08:28 pm »
Week 3 stats added, I also figured out how to sort the tables quickly so that it can be posted in order from most used to least used. Ive sorted the previous 3 weeks as well and made the pages somewhat nicer to look at.
-Albert Einstien

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 09:47:45 pm »
Week 4 added, also heres the graph

-Albert Einstien