Author Topic: 1.5.0d Beta Weapons Discussion  (Read 20592 times)

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
Re: 1.5.0d Beta Weapons Discussion
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2009, 07:12:11 pm »
Explain to me why was Ak nerfed.
Always remember the succubus...

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2009, 07:20:55 pm »
Heres the weapon usage situation for the first 2 weeks of beta balance (The start of the graph is pre-beta balance)

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2009, 08:20:39 pm »
I don't believe the current results are very accurate. A simple reason:

People are often very biased towards the Aug and AK. They don't really try out the other weapons. See how the MP5 and the Minimi have stayed pretty consistent. I'm sure there should be more Minimi and MP5 users if they are so buffed.

The Desert Eagles show otherwise though. Spas hasn't really moved, but the line seems like its moving downwards little by little.

I'd say, let the statistics go on for longer. Just 2 weeks is not enough.

Explain to me why was Ak nerfed.
It has been foreseen that if the Aug was to be nerfed like that, the AK is bound to be the next gun everyone's gonna use. The AK is really good, but my worry is that people keep focusing on only the AK and the Aug, never really caring about the other guns.

in real life, ak74 uses 30-round, or 45-round RPK-74 detachable box magazine, not 40.
RPK uses 40-round curved magazine.
...I'm not gonna elaborate on realism in Soldat. Balance comes before Realism in Soldat weapons balancing, especially in Normal Mode.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 08:29:08 pm by STM1993 »

Offline wolfbr

• Camper
  • HurBaN NinJa(Ninja hurbano), the power of Thunders
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2009, 12:44:07 am »
soldat is not a realistic game, therefore, it is interesting the weapons to possess characteristic of the real world(ammo,range,damange..).
characteristics adapted for a 2D world.

example:
mp5, spars12: good in close range
barret: good in long range
ak,aug: assault rifle
Ruger: good in medium range.
Minimi,minigun: support gun.
and others...

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2009, 01:04:56 am »
soldat is not a realistic game, therefore, it is interesting the weapons to possess characteristic of the real world(ammo,range,damange..).
characteristics adapted for a 2D world.
Read this. I will not reply any further about realism in Soldat in this topic, but you can talk about the Realistic Mode balance if you can give an input on how to balance it rather than how to make it realistic.

I just played online. Didn't get the chance to use the minigun (since it lags), but now the weapons seem really screwed. It's seriously time to buff the weapons, not nerf them.

Ruger is particularly too weak.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:23:01 am by STM1993 »

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 10:45:53 am »

People are often very biased towards the Aug and AK. They don't really try out the other weapons. See how the MP5 and the Minimi have stayed pretty consistent. I'm sure there should be more Minimi and MP5 users if they are so buffed.

The Minimi and perhaps the Spas and Deagles too have always been quite 'alternative' weapons that most people prefer to forget. IMO they'd need to be genuinely overpowered rather than merely buffed if they were to become mainstream weapons.

The Minimi's low useage is more because of its alternative-ness reather than actualy being weak.  It's the gourmet's weapon, for people who prefer a traditional English ale over a common beer. ;P

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 10:53:50 am »
// Changes from 1.4.2 -> 1.5
// HK MP5       bink +11
:o

// Steyr        ammo -5
25ammo?!?! :o zomg
right desision anyway

// Spas         ammo +1
wow! thats hot!

// Ruger        dmg -6, reload -10, bink -10
idk... going to test it

// M79          --
WTF? nonono...   :'(  +10 or +20 reload! and +bink! pleeeeaze

// Barret       fireinterval -15
just awesome...

// Minimi       moveacc -1, bink +5
buffed... was that rly needed?

// Minigun      dmg +1, fireinterval -1, bink +3, startup -5
OH HELL YEAH! FINALLY! ;D

// Socom        dmg +3
// Knife        dmg -10000
// Chainsaw     reload -30
// LAW          reload -60, startup -4
*thumbs up*

The motto of 1.5 Soldat is "changes we need!" ;D
guys, my congratulations!

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 03:25:35 pm »

The Minimi and perhaps the Spas and Deagles too have always been quite 'alternative' weapons that most people prefer to forget. IMO they'd need to be genuinely overpowered rather than merely buffed if they were to become mainstream weapons.

The Minimi's low useage is more because of its alternative-ness reather than actualy being weak.  It's the gourmet's weapon, for people who prefer a traditional English ale over a common beer. ;P
For the most part, this logic is incorrect because when you look at the weapon usage in previous versions of soldat, weapons such as the deagles were overused significantly in certain versions.

I know people want to say that everyone uses steyr and knife because they are "fun". This specific logic is used every version for the most used weapon. People who don't want the weapon weakened will say that it isn't overpowered, its just overused because its fun, but that cannot be true because if you look at the change in weapons usage over the past 5-6 versions, every weapon except the AK, m79 and Ruger has been either overused or underused in certain versions. AK M79 And ruger have been more consistent but they have still had some serious declines or upswings in usage as well.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline KeNNy`

• Major
  • Quiet one.
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 04:02:06 pm »

// Deagles      dmg +2, reload -4

That's Great! i can't wait to test it!
Old School

Offline The Epic Guy

• Soldier
  • No more foreplay
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 11:46:07 pm »
I think the m79 should have some bink. Enough to throw off your aim after enough shots anyway. This should cause cause a few to fire the m79 earlier, and maybe defeat noob rushers.

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 02:43:57 am »
M79 has 40 bink already and it doesn't need any nerfs.

Offline Ragnaros

• Soldier
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2009, 07:41:29 am »
do you know why does it need some nerf? i know why!
1)its much better than SPAS in close range
2)VERY fast reload
3)have no start up time... i guess it should have the same start up as the LAW (or a lil bit shorter, -5 or -6)
4)very fearful weapon in proper hands. see that? say again VERY VERY FEARFUL! more fearful than MP5 or AK! is dat okeey? --> add more bink, like barret, then it would be a proper Grenade Launcher. Now it is the excelent close range rushing machine...

PS:one more reason: Majors...
have played with Major, Major(1), Major(2) and "Major!!!" at the same time :-\ try to guess what weapon did they use and why
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 07:58:28 am by Ragnaros »

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2009, 08:18:40 am »
Lol to ragnaros, try playing on deathmatch servers on weekends during "after-homework" time...i did, an i regret it still. i couldn't even pick them off with a goddamn mp5 on Ash!!! when you got 7!!!! out of 8 players m79-ing...you're doomed.
b&

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2009, 09:06:44 am »
1. Yeah it's better than spas assuming that you'll hit your opponent every time. Spas is way more reliable, for example, playing spas on main route can be effective while playing m79 on main works only on pubs.. Try waiting for your enemy for a while and spray with steyr/ak/minimi/whatever (the most lame tactic ever and still the best).
2. How is it fast? It's 3 sec, enough to kill with any weapon and/or spam nades.
3. Yeah it has no startup and there won't be any because startup on close range weapon doesn't make any sense.
4. Sorry I've failed to see how it's
VERY VERY FEARFUL!
except on small maps/maps with tunnels or something like that. And if it would be true, people would play 3v3s with 3x m79 vs 3x m79 rather than 3v3 steyr/ak.

Omg majors used teh m97!!1oneone... so what? It's easy to get a kill with it (doesn't matter that they will get killed like 10 times before they manage to hit someone who isn't their teammate), so they pick it.

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 10:34:56 am »
Ruger actually takes plenty of skill now. I like it

Offline kzya

• Major
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 02:14:50 pm »
Minimi was overpowered already and it's even getting berf in 1.5...

Offline Mallow007

• Major
  • >:3 Rawr
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009, 04:15:42 pm »
You people just screw the beautiful ruger and made it a shittie weapon....i just hate you  for that you transform the ruger into a stupid Des...
You just got rick rolle´d!

Offline Mallow007

• Major
  • >:3 Rawr
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 04:22:48 pm »
Are you insane? you dint mean RUGER you mean the new DESRUGER.....a stupid mix up of 2 guns.
Soldat is basically becoming an AUTO only game cause using the semis and 1 hitters is becoming harder.....
You just got rick rolle´d!

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 04:41:08 pm »
"Adapt or die."

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline excruciator

• Veteran
  • Asshole by Nature
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2009, 05:37:04 pm »
Are you insane? you dint mean RUGER you mean the new DESRUGER.....a stupid mix up of 2 guns.
Soldat is basically becoming an AUTO only game cause using the semis and 1 hitters is becoming harder.....

Ruger was overpowered.
Now it's not.

You get more of an appraciation when you make a kill with the ruger now.

I'm telling you this as a rugerer, by the way.