Author Topic: What is the most generous thing you have ever done?  (Read 9444 times)

Offline Mcwierdo

• Major(1)
What is the most generous thing you have ever done?
« on: March 01, 2009, 05:56:03 pm »
-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:04:38 am by Mcwierdo »

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Re: What is the most generous thing you have ever done?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 06:06:51 pm »
I think that's called guilt not generosity.

I once gave someone a dollar and told them that they didn't have to pay me back. It was like stepping into a whole new world of good deeds.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 06:16:05 pm »
A Christian propagandist was handing out church flyers. I offered to help him hand them out so he gave me half of his and I went and dumped them all in a recycling bin.

Generosity abounded, I spared 400 odd pieces of paper from being torn up, burned, or and hastily stuffed into the pockets of harassed commuters, only to be disgarded later. That evening I watched the sun set in the most beautiful and vivid colours... and I knew I had done good. A small tear rolled out of the corner of my eye and I felt whole.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 06:17:32 pm »
i think one of the most generous things ive ever done is also one of the things i most regret oddly

when i was a lot younger i sort of lended someone this pendant i used to have. i never got it back obviously and no im not that fucking stupid anymore

-_________________________-

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 06:33:01 pm »
Uhh, hmmm, One time I punched my friend in the eye and I offered to take him to sick bay. I was generous enough to do that :D
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 06:36:51 pm »
I gave away a small matchbox ambulance that carried a great deal of significance to me. It brought a tear to my eye later when I suddenly felt the waves of regret washing over me.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline N. Escalona

• Major(1)
  • Pretentious Nutknot
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 06:40:44 pm »
THREAD CONCLUSION: Generosity only leads to regret.

C'mon guys where's the luv?
Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you?
Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back?
I'd gladly do it because
I don't want to fade away.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 07:02:37 pm »
I left all my toys and video games to my cousin in SKorea when I was moving into here.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Farah

• Major
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 07:09:12 pm »
A Christian propagandist was handing out church flyers. I offered to help him hand them out so he gave me half of his and I went and dumped them all in a recycling bin.

Generosity abounded, I spared 400 odd pieces of paper from being torn up, burned, or and hastily stuffed into the pockets of harassed commuters, only to be disgarded later. That evening I watched the sun set in the most beautiful and vivid colours... and I knew I had done good. A small tear rolled out of the corner of my eye and I felt whole.
did you beat him up after
<EnEsCe> you challenge me I will make your Soldat life a living hell.

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 07:12:47 pm »
Shovel snow for people, gave a guy change for a phone call, stuff like that.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 07:13:48 pm »
Did you earn money out of that? Or for free?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 07:15:41 pm »
I helped build someone a house in Jamaica.

Our church does a missions trip every 2 years and brings a group of people, this year we had enough to make 2 teams for 2 houses, I was on one team and we made a homeless woman a house for her and her son.  By our standards it isn't much, but they absolutely loved it.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 07:16:33 pm »
Yeah, free. I do my neighbors sometimes. All he does is work.

Offline Sir Jeremy

• Flagrunner
  • Eurolicous!
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 08:16:41 pm »
Just 2 days ago I helped a family move out of their house, and load all their furniture and stuff into a big U-haul truck.  Was nice, and helped those muscles. 8)

Problably not the most generous thing, but the that's what I thought of when I saw the title.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 08:18:24 pm by Sir Jeremy »

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 08:44:14 pm »
I had a server in Chicago that I didn't need any more.  I had to pay $50 to have it shipped back to me from Chicago but I didn't have a use for it at home (I have a bunch like it here that just sit in a rack in the basement, occasionally being used for testing)... so I paid them $50 for shipping and gave them jrgp's address.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2009, 09:18:52 pm »
When I left for basic I gave my brother my car and my family my computer. Then I decided to give my buddy(Who really deserved SOMEONE to be nice to him for once) my Wii with all my games and stuff. In total he got about $800 worth of gaming stuff.
@ii

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 10:31:20 pm »
When I was a kid, we would go from house to house collecting various stuff that people didn't need, and then sell them to raise money for charity. Atleast thats what we told people. I think we spent it all on candy, can't really remember.

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 10:45:52 pm »
Well, once I gave a homeless guy, with a face that looked like leather, a $20 USD bill.
I also do free websites for people; they usually seem very great full, especially my web design teacher for doing a bunch of side stuff for her for free.

I had a server in Chicago that I didn't need any more.  I had to pay $50 to have it shipped back to me from Chicago but I didn't have a use for it at home (I have a bunch like it here that just sit in a rack in the basement, occasionally being used for testing)... so I paid them $50 for shipping and gave them jrgp's address.
Again, thanks so much!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 10:51:36 pm by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 11:58:01 pm »
bahahahha, that looks like a piece of sh!t!
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 12:24:34 am »
bahahahha, that looks like a piece of sh!t!
It's just the long pizza box sized metal thing. The monitor and keyboard are like 15 years old and I've had them forever. And that still doesn't matter at all since I'm only using it over the network and rarely touch it directly. I'm giving you a 25 point warning for being an absolute jerk. FLAB gave me that out of the kindness in his heart.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:31:02 am by jrgp »
There are other worlds than these