Author Topic: Do you feel guilty?  (Read 5849 times)

Offline TBDM

• Flagrunner
Re: Do you feel guilty?
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 03:52:31 pm »
i feel guilty that i didn't do her when i could.
dammmnn

Offline Hundkeex

• Major
  • boycott the supervise
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 03:56:19 pm »
Hurray for another pointless topic.

NO I DONT FEEL GUILTY , WHY WOULD I?

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 04:44:05 pm »
NO I DONT FEEL GUILTY , WHY WOULD I?
if you did something that was wrong, and want to share it here and try looking for advice, mainly.

Offline MyiEye

• Soldier
  • .<><| `Homie
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 05:57:53 pm »
Hi Mr. Extrapolation-pants.

I don't feel guilty because I have done nothing to be guilty for. I did not say I was incapable of feeling guilt. I have felt guilty before, but I don't feel automated guilt like most Christians, afterall Jesus died for their sins and so they should feel guilty about that! :D

Well, it's not really about guilt for us Christians it's more about gratitude, we know we screw up, but we also know we're forgiven. I'm not saying we don't feel guilt cause that'd be bull, I'm just saying it's not really automated like you've described it to be, we aren't controlled or overwhelmed by it. As for me I do feel guilt for wrong things that I do, however, I believe this is a good thing not because of how we obtain it, but because in a way it's the opposite of ignorance and I believe it's the Holy Spirit's way of keeping us aware of how we act as well as how we think.
"I gotta live like Jacob more holy less hip, by his grace Sho Baraka gone spit the real, been doing that Reach life before I got the deal, called to make mini-me's till the day that I die, so on my tombstone say, "he didn't die he multiplied"!"                                                  - Sho Baraka

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 07:48:08 pm »
Well, it's not really about guilt for us Christians it's more about gratitude, we know we screw up, but we also know we're forgiven. I'm not saying we don't feel guilt cause that'd be bull, I'm just saying it's not really automated like you've described it to be, we aren't controlled or overwhelmed by it. As for me I do feel guilt for wrong things that I do, however, I believe this is a good thing not because of how we obtain it, but because in a way it's the opposite of ignorance and I believe it's the Holy Spirit's way of keeping us aware of how we act as well as how we think.

Seems a little unfair how you are born in debt of Jesus's sacrifice though. :) Seems a little petty of God to me.

Guilt is part of social intelligence and is not necessarily exclusive to humans. Whilst most animals would not be able to comprehend this as their perception is limited and mainly instinctive I think it's possible that many intelligent species are capable of perceiving guilt because it gives a beneficial social advantage of being aware of mistakes. Since apes and chimps are capable of tricking other members of their social group into grooming them by putting insects in their fur, so I don't see why not.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline N. Escalona

• Major(1)
  • Pretentious Nutknot
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 08:03:37 pm »
Seems a little unfair how you are born in debt of Jesus's sacrifice though. :) Seems a little petty of God to me.
It's the ancient question of why original sin injured all of the human race and not just Adam; why is this not unjust. That this did happen is well established in the Bible, but the reason why is pretty simple: God said so. It's selfish to think of this as God being unjust, because that implies he owes us something. But in fact God owes us nothing, and can take as he chooses because God created all and we have only what was given to us.

Be careful criticizing God for lack of justice, you might get what you wish for.

Just as explanation of what I think most Christians, including me, believe.
Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you?
Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back?
I'd gladly do it because
I don't want to fade away.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 08:06:54 pm »
What if we want nothing? God better fill my order up.

Offline N. Escalona

• Major(1)
  • Pretentious Nutknot
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 08:11:11 pm »
They call it hell. :P
I'd gladly do it because

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 08:30:32 pm »
Hell seems like a nice place then.

Offline UnknownSniper

• Camper
  • Southern by the Grace of God
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 11:12:55 pm »
I feel guilty, that thousands of men/women gave their lives for freedom, only to have it thrown in the toilet over the span of the last hundred or so years. And that the youth of the USA are becoming more and more disrespectful(to everthing, yet still dependent on foreign electronics/video games to fill the void in their sad lives, all between making complete dicks of themselves trying to show off their e-balls to random people on the Internet. 
I had a job and a piece of land
My sweet wife was my best friend
But I traded that for Cocaine and a whore
-Jamey Johnson

Offline MyiEye

• Soldier
  • .<><| `Homie
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2009, 11:33:57 pm »
This'll sound rather blunt, but uf you are offered a chance to live in HEAVEN aka. Paradise, then to not want it or anything at all you're a fool (and yes all humans are foolish little things) and God being our all powerful God has the right, well sort of the obligation to do with you what he will in this case we're told hell is the destination, but it doesn't have to be like that because God wants you to want stuff, blessings for example and I think it makes sense to serve He who controls all

Guilt is part of social intelligence and is not necessarily exclusive to humans. Whilst most animals would not be able to comprehend this as their perception is limited and mainly instinctive I think it's possible that many intelligent species are capable of perceiving guilt because it gives a beneficial social advantage of being aware of mistakes. Since apes and chimps are capable of tricking other members of their social group into grooming them by putting insects in their fur, so I don't see why not.
Well he is God...it's God were talking about here, doesn't it make sense that God deserves anything and everything from us. How can we possibly think that God is unfair by requiring somthing from us. Just think about it, it's GOD for goodness sake, using the petty worldy attempts at defining God isn't it fairly obvious that we deserve nothing from Him yet He deserves anything from us.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 11:35:53 pm by MyiEye »
"I gotta live like Jacob more holy less hip, by his grace Sho Baraka gone spit the real, been doing that Reach life before I got the deal, called to make mini-me's till the day that I die, so on my tombstone say, "he didn't die he multiplied"!"                                                  - Sho Baraka

Offline N. Escalona

• Major(1)
  • Pretentious Nutknot
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2009, 11:42:10 pm »
You don't have the necessary information to make that judgment, considering that up to this point in your life, God has been constantly sustaining you. Without the "continuous" and "constant" action of God, all creation would never exist. You're a fish hypothesizing what living on the land would be like.
I'd gladly do it because

Offline MyiEye

• Soldier
  • .<><| `Homie
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 12:09:58 am »
You don't have the necessary information to make that judgment, considering that up to this point in your life, God has been constantly sustaining you. Without the "continuous" and "constant" action of God, all creation would never exist. You're a fish hypothesizing what living on the land would be like.
So...no offence, but you're trying to make him believe that hell is bad, why? Hell is bad, that's why it's hell. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the king of skepticism we're talking to here, he just likes to create skeptical topics out of unskeptical topics.

Offline GSx_Major

• Major
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 12:14:48 am »
Please define the "continuous" and "constant" actions of God that sustains us all.
...and headbutt the sucker through your banana suit!

Offline MyiEye

• Soldier
  • .<><| `Homie
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 12:17:41 am »
Please define the "continuous" and "constant" actions of God that sustains us all.
I'm also kinda skeptical about this, because I believe that God has placed us in a fairly self sustaining world, but it's not really a big deal or something to get worked up about over.

Offline Splinter-Snake

• Soldier
  • One must die, and one must live.
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 12:26:37 am »
In fact, if there even is a "God," I don't understand how he's still necessary. He could die tomorrow and life wouldn't be any different tomorrow than it is today. It's like if I make a painting and die. The painting isn't going to suddenly experience any negative effects just because its creator died.

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 12:49:40 am »
I feel guilty right now because I just sneaked up on computer during night/right now and about to play CS:S.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline MyiEye

• Soldier
  • .<><| `Homie
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 01:23:05 am »
In fact, if there even is a "God," I don't understand how he's still necessary. He could die tomorrow and life wouldn't be any different tomorrow than it is today. It's like if I make a painting and die. The painting isn't going to suddenly experience any negative effects just because its creator died.
In a way you're right, but I've still got to disagree, because God may not still have to constantly intervene to keep his creation alive, but He intervenes and changes lives still today, mine for example, and for this reason His death (were this possible) would in fact change as well as condem the lives of everyone. Of course I'm talking hypothetically here because God can't just die and I don't believe it's possible to understand a world without God.

PS does not believing in God or hope for a better life after this one not worry you? 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:25:38 am by MyiEye »

Offline N. Escalona

• Major(1)
  • Pretentious Nutknot
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2009, 01:43:25 am »
This may be a confusing concept, but I'll give explaining it a shot. Time is part of creation; God created time in order for us to have free will. Because this creation occurred beyond time, in the "eternal now", creation is something that is "continually" occurring.

It may not even be correct to speak of God creating time, because time may be best understood as an illusion. Better to think of God creating us as 4-dimensional beings that terminate in conception and death. Thought of in this way, as if all creation were a static picture framed on God's wall (though this metaphor has its limitations), it is easier to see how creation is a "continuous" event. It is also easier to see how God is omniscient. The point of all this? God has only to "stop" creating you (i.e., not create you) and you do not exist.

If God were to disappear somehow (which is meaningless since a disappearance requires a time before and a time after), creation would not exist.

Hell is usually considered as both a state and a location of utter separation from God. This is a mystery: how He can create us while we are utterly separated from Him. I don't understand it, but I don't think I'm supposed to.
I'd gladly do it because

Offline GSx_Major

• Major
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2009, 02:07:37 am »
Psychotic is the word. Why do you bother trying to explain something you know can't be explained?

Edit: To yourself, not here.

PS does not believing in God or hope for a better life after this one not worry you? 
Means you should do your best and make the most out of this life.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:09:27 am by GSx_Major »
...and headbutt the sucker through your banana suit!