Author Topic: CTF_Choreomania  (Read 750 times)

Offline Grimbad

• Soldier
  • Kharn
CTF_Choreomania
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:54:30 pm »
Choreomania: Dance like it's 1518!
Thought it might make a fun map, so I made it. Infinite jets. The pillars in the bottom area and exterior routes are only bullets collide. Waypointed tolerably for both sides. Recommended players: 8-16. Pack a chainsaw.

"Dancing mania (or choreomania, from the Greek: χορεία (khoreia = 'dance') + μανία (mania = 'madness’)) was a social phenomenon that occurred primarily in mainland Europe between the 14th and 18th centuries; it involved groups of people, sometimes thousands at a time, who danced uncontrollably and bizarrely, seemingly possessed by the devil. Men, women, and children would dance through the streets of towns or cities, sometimes foaming at the mouth until they collapsed from fatigue." -Wikipedia

I'm thinking of taking out a few columns on the flag deck. Also considering switching the spawns but not the flags, or the flags but not the spawns, which would make it more possible to stop the flagger. I'd like to keep emphasis on playing defense, but with chainsaws.
It is possible to reach the flag deck freefalling all the way from the center spawn point in either base.
Suggestions, etc?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 08:56:03 pm by Grimbad »
!@#$%

Offline Grimbad

• Soldier
  • Kharn
Re: CTF_Choreomania
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 01:07:54 am »
Played around with it a bit (lot) more today and decided it was better with flags switched. Added powerups spawns etc. Fixed waypoints.
Now if I can only find a way to make it a little prettier...
!@#$%

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 06:06:06 pm »
too much squares, you can turn off your grid sometimes... , lack of scenery
your med and nades are not wisely placed, and the flags are too close from eachother
why would someone go outside of the playing sceene? there's only 2 entrances, and both are far away from the flags
I would close the passage from one flag to the other, and make 2 entrances to each flag. I would dell most of your rectangles, as they are not used...
ohh... and press f5 or compile your map before taking the SS, that will make the BG ajust to the size
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Grimbad

• Soldier
  • Kharn
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 07:58:14 pm »
too much squares, you can turn off your grid sometimes... , lack of scenery
your med and nades are not wisely placed, and the flags are too close from eachother
why would someone go outside of the playing sceene? there's only 2 entrances, and both are far away from the flags
I would close the passage from one flag to the other, and make 2 entrances to each flag. I would dell most of your rectangles, as they are not used...
ohh... and press f5 or compile your map before taking the SS, that will make the BG ajust to the size

I didn't even use the grid, I just liked the way the map looked with only blocks. They're all the same size because I made one and cut+pasted the rest off it.
The idea with putting the flags so close together but far from the spawns is that players have to rush to prevent the enemy from capping, and that if enemy routes to the flag hall are cut off even briefly it is easy to cap. The intermediate blocks are there to make reaching the bottom a little bit harder, and to make it harder to block enemies on their way down.

You are definitely right about the med and nade spawns. I don't know where better to put them. As they are, it's too risky to pick them up, seeing as anyone who goes for them is trapped. Maybe I'll connect those pits to the flag hall.
Thank you for the tip about f5, I was wondering about that. :D
!@#$%

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 08:23:19 am »
Seems confusing :S
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!