Author Topic: ctf_Nemesis  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Colonel ONeill

• Major
ctf_Nemesis
« on: March 30, 2009, 09:39:11 am »
Nemesis

By Colonel O'Neill

I was asked from my clan ( [NMS] ) to create a map so this is what I've done.
Some people will certainly say "OMG IT'S BIG" and I'll answer "fu man, just play and see how fast the gameplay is"

Here is the screenshot :

And here is the link to download the map with the sceneries.

http://rapidshare.com/files/215354971/ctf_Nemesis.zip

However, I may have forgotten to add some sceneries in this pack. If so, tell me and I will update my post.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 09:50:26 am by Colonel ONeill »

Offline Hellboy

• Major(1)
Re: ctf_Nemesis
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 02:05:15 pm »
I realy like this map although it's so hard to cap  :)
fr0g|Hellboy
Waives|Hellboy

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 03:40:21 pm »
Decent map for a first timer with a classic layout, some layout issues though(unless you want it to be hard to cap) you spawn up and flag is below you which mean you get the same kind of play as kampf its a little better here as you can be a bit sneaky with the tunnel and as efc you can defend there quite easy. Also try to place medis to aid escape now you have placed 2 medis at the edges which means they want be taken so often and will really only help the defenders + they will pile up there and not be on the other mediplace. Some tweaks. remember to overlay the polys to prevent polybugs you have done it in some places but not in others. also the lights in the tunnel are really bright which will make it harder to see I'd suggest you lower opacity on them to say 15-20 % and perhaps color them yellow-orange to give a more natural light(from flames). also the fx* clouds are none to be very laggy if you want the same kind of look you can take amb clouds and color them white, black, grey and put some opacity on them so they blend into each other for a similar effect that is less laggy.
For hosting I can recommend TMS instead of rapidshare. and for packing the maps I also suggest the usage of Soldat MPA by VirtualTT and you won't have to worry about missing scenery etc.

Anyways I added it to the #soldat.mapping server for testing will comment on gameplay further when I have played it.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Colonel ONeill

• Major
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 03:51:39 pm »
Thanks for the advices from a pro :o
I'll try to take it into account and to improve my map.

However, I don't think the clouds make it laggy, after playing it seemed to be okay.

Offline zakath

• Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 03:58:34 pm »
Thanks for the advices from a pro :o
I'll try to take it into account and to improve my map.

However, I don't think the clouds make it laggy, after playing it seemed to be okay.

Well you probably have a decent computer(I don't have any probs either with those clouds) but ppl with weaker computerse might have.

Offline Colonel ONeill

• Major
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 04:15:07 pm »
Well I don't think I have a so great computer because I only have 60 FPS et around 86 ping when I play, that's not so much :o

I may need the opinions of other people who have tested it.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 04:32:51 pm »
This map isn't that bad. It's actually pretty cool and challenging to cap. So it should be atleast a 2 sided match when playing. I like it.
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 09:19:23 pm »
I see you have a lot of one colored polys there (and lot's of the same collor)
one eazy shading is to make obtuse angled polys brighter, and the others darker
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Blacksheepboy

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 09:32:34 pm »
Screw shading the map, I think you should leave it as is.  Sure it isn't really pretty, but at least it's very apparent where the Soldat walks.  And this is coming from someone who spends a lot of time tweaking aesthetics :(.  It's either people play it or they don't.  Use the time you could be using to perfect this map to go do something else :P, or go make another map if that is your desire.

Disregard what I've said above if you feel the need to fix some things.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 09:40:48 pm by Blacksheepboy »

Offline zakath

• Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 12:00:10 pm »
just played it and It is impossible to cap if both teams plays decent there is no possibility to cap. I'd suggest removing the opc in front of the flag to make it easier then the efc can play cat and mouse with the defenders at least. will still be hard to cap but at least you get more options.

Offline Colonel ONeill

• Major
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 01:31:25 pm »
Never tested it in 3vs3, just in 5vs5 and we got caps, so I thought it was possible to :Q

Offline ~Niko~

• Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 03:08:30 am »
it's too plain. it needs more coloring. remembers me of my first maps... you'll improve if you follow these "pro" advices.

Offline Colonel ONeill

• Major
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 04:13:30 am »
Yeah i know about the colors but i really don't know which colors i should add x)