Poll

Should automatics (machine guns but not the Minigun) jam?

(burst shooting) only if they hold down the shoot button without stop, they should have to lift their finger up and reclick the shoot button.
only if they hold down the shoot button without stop, they should have to reload again to un-jam the weapon
only as a check option
only in realistic mode
only happen a percentage of the time say 5% chance it could happen every reload
none of the above

Author Topic: Soldat - non sprayers  (Read 3971 times)

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
Re: Soldat - non sprayers
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 05:48:37 pm »
Autos take skill, its when 1 shotters like you get lucky, thats what makes me pissed.

Besides, IRL (yeah I know its soldat) the AK47 and most likely the 74 are pretty rugged guns. I heard that they dont jam often.
Not to have an argument, but isn't it the opposite?
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Sappy

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 10:43:17 pm »
1 shotters take skill, its when auto users like you get lucky, thats what makes me pissed.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 05:08:21 am »
Change the official weapons.ini to:
1. make autos lil' bit worser
2. make nonautos lil' bit better
That is already happening. Only real problem is grenades.

However, implementing an idea like weapon jam is simply a stupid way to do this.

Offline igotnousername

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 09:48:46 am »
i dont know that Steyg Aug...jam

im using that weapon very much and its one of my favorites for
rushing, spraying, and killing

no jams

Offline muzikman

• Major
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 07:40:40 pm »
I hate it so much when I use mp5 and a fuckload of barrett users scream SPRAYERRRR.  It's just stupid.  If it was so easy to own using mp5, then they'd use it wouldn't they!

Offline Shadow_Knight

• Major
  • ingame a.k.a Hitokiri Batoussai.
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 08:45:22 am »
Everyone says spray as soon as they get killed by any weapon that isn't secondary, ruger, DE or non- "1 hit kill". If the weapons are there as they are, then play with them and stop bothering those who do.

Have you epicly failed today?

Offline adam01526

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2009, 03:21:23 pm »
f11, this is a bad idea, spraying is a legitimate tactic especially in realistic mode.

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 04:37:56 pm »
I nvr really understood why ppl complain about sprayers. It's just instinct. If you know someone is weak off-screen, the only logical thing to do is shoot in that direction with the hopes of killing him and returning the flag...

Offline Mastadi

• Camper
  • What makes me a good demoman!?
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 06:07:37 pm »
Adding more luck to a game is removing a bit of skill required to play it.

Just imagine, you miss your shot from barret/m79 and an enemy with HK MP5 charges at you. You almost get killed, but just when he's about to fire the last bullet that would finish you off, his gun jams. You reload your weapon and kill him before he manages to unjam it.

Just no.

Also, spraying takes skill, you need to predict where the opponent will run and how far away is he already, and of course aim there, which is obviously much harder when the target's off-screen

Offline Thinkto urself

• Flagrunner
  • grrrrr
    • sup
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2009, 10:35:21 pm »
If you got weakened enough to get killed by a stray bullet, you deserve it.

"An anomaly of the sea, shrouded in ubiquitous clouds, a mystery to the man as black holes to the world's smartest physicists"

Offline KYnetiK

• Camper
  • Something Else
    • KYnetiK ART
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 12:59:15 am »
When I call someone a sprayer, its because their aim is hopelessly lacking and shooting all over the place. Its not skill when more of your clip misses your target than hit it.

Baz and other semiauto users call 'spray' because [from our point of view] each bullet costs more, it takes more skill to get one bullet right than have an entire clip go to waste, and if we miss we really bite it. The thrill of it forces us to make each bullet count.

When I think about it, the best players I ever came across were ruger users, deagle users, or saw users - all semiautomatic or melee. These guys didnt need to sling 40 mudballs at a wall and hope some of it would stick, and they earnt respect for it.

Its one thing spraying to get that last bullet to kill, its another to use an entire clip just to get the first bullet to hit.

You do what you gotta do to kill your target right? So do it well. Dont selfbink yourself, or waste an entire clip to have maybe 2 bullets hit, and only 1 bullet reg.

In my own opinion, have some pride about how you kill. Dont immediately resort to auto-binkfighting just because a baz user is pwning you - use a ruger or deagles and pwn back, youll see you get far more respect.

[/rant of a baz user]

If you got weakened enough to get killed by a stray bullet, you deserve it.

exactly
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 01:01:29 am by KYnetiK »
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn’t work that way. So I stole a bike and then asked for forgiveness.

[Barret]  /  [saw]
*Shakes Fist*

Offline muzikman

• Major
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 10:00:26 pm »
If it hurts it works.  If they were firing randomly then they wouldn't be a threat to you do no need to bitch, and if they were a threat, then they were aiming.  Simple as that.