Author Topic: some art sheeza  (Read 239353 times)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
Re: some art sheeza
« Reply #1200 on: October 09, 2010, 05:26:29 pm »
I can't really draw 3D, that's one big problem of mine. Another is that I cannot draw humans.. at least not very nicely :(

Edit: Made another sketch

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/281/5/d/the_sentinel_by_artcrusade-d30b96o.png

3D is fuuuuuuuuuuuun. Give it a shot. You won't get better if you don't try at all, you know. You put a lot of detail in your drawings, but lack complete absence of depth makes them look kinda lame.

gah, I should start drawing something as well..

WOO.

Just finished that:

Been working on it the whole day almost non-stop. I know something as simple as that should be done faster, but I like the final result, even though it took me so long to finish.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 10:16:40 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #1201 on: October 11, 2010, 12:18:50 am »
Looks pretty good all around with one exception: you need to work on your face detail.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #1202 on: October 11, 2010, 01:35:23 am »
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1203 on: October 11, 2010, 01:50:00 am »
"I use greyscale, I am an artist!"

Kinda, no? The trick is to make a picture composition so random that it makes people believe it has a deep meaning.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #1204 on: October 11, 2010, 01:57:05 am »
One, cut a hole in the box.
Two, put your head in that box!
Three, photograph the box,
And that's the way you do it.
It's my head in a box!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 01:58:54 am by {LAW} Gamer_2k4 »
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #1205 on: October 11, 2010, 02:10:38 am »
Two thoughts—

First: I'm not trying to say anything by shooting with black-and-white film. I know the silver process, I might as well make use of it. That, and it's just more appropriate for the content.

Second: Yes, the subject matter is bizarre. I like surreal stuff. I don't try to embed meaning into it though. There's nothing that bothers me more than symbolic art, except the kinds of people who eat it up and dig for meaning endlessly. I'm going to shoot whatever fits my aesthetic, that's that, what the hell.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #1206 on: October 11, 2010, 02:16:39 am »
Kinda, no? The trick is to make a picture composition so random that it makes people believe it has a deep meaning.
Seeing it that way means your alike with such a tricks.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1207 on: October 11, 2010, 02:17:53 am »
Well, I was not stating your artwork was anyhow bad. It's just that you are not the first person to put a box on your head ;)

And people always try to put it this or that way. To give it this or that meaning, no matter whether it has a meaning to you or not.

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #1208 on: October 11, 2010, 12:23:34 pm »
It's just that you are not the first person to put a box on your head

What a pointless comment. Let's go back to drawing robots, those are original.

Oh wait.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #1209 on: October 11, 2010, 04:03:19 pm »
Let's go back to drawing robots

in black and white.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #1210 on: October 11, 2010, 04:26:50 pm »

I'll also point out a few things you didn't notice:
1. Good lighting and contrast.
2. Composition variation (long shot, medium shot, close-up, only top-right and bottom-left photos are somewhat similar, so I give that 3 out of 4 points)
3. Some grunginess around the edges of the photos, some dust and scratches - a very nice touch in this case.
So it's not all that easy as it seems.

If you are concerned about the lack of meaning - perhaps there wasn't one in the first place. Don't forget, there's such a thing called "abstraction".

-----------

Those pics really reminded me of Pyramid Head.

Looks pretty good all around with one exception: you need to work on your face detail.
Sorry, I'm not really sure what you mean. :S
The lines, the shading, or overall?

Anyway, I'm not very good at drawing faces in the first place, so I didn't want to go into too much detail in order to not mess it up completely. Drawing faces is relatively new to me, but I'll try to make them more detailed in the future.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 04:33:26 pm by L[0ne]R »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1211 on: October 11, 2010, 11:15:37 pm »
in black and white.

How come? Black pens usually draw wonderful rainbow pictures!

Getting bashed for stating my frankest opinion shows you are the kind of guys who hate getting critique. Sure as hell I like Mistercharles' pictures. They are really nice and I wouldn't feel any shame putting it on my room's wall.

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #1212 on: October 12, 2010, 01:21:01 pm »
in black and white.
Getting bashed for stating my frankest opinion shows you are the kind of guys who hate getting critique. Sure as hell I like Mistercharles' pictures. They are really nice and I wouldn't feel any shame putting it on my room's wall.
We're just giving a critique on your opinion, so if you're saying you don't mind getting critique - don't complain. ;P

Besides.. honestly, I don't see much of a difference between your "opinion" and our "bashing".
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 01:22:41 pm by L[0ne]R »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #1213 on: October 12, 2010, 01:31:40 pm »
Honestly, critique has a slightly different format (like the one you gave first).

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #1214 on: October 12, 2010, 03:27:32 pm »
Honestly, critique has a slightly different format (like the one you gave first).

Honestly, enough honesty for one friggin' page.
@Charles: So you really enjoy visiting derelict factories?
b&

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #1215 on: October 12, 2010, 05:09:51 pm »
I'm well aware that I'm not the first person to put a box on my head— it's not even the first time I took pictures like these (see here, old work, early 2008). Honestly, this was merely documentation for a school assignment (to make a mask out of a specific set of materials), but I figured I should come up with something presentable, rather than borrow someone's point-and-shoot digital camera. And yeah, I figured I might as well post my results on soldatforums. I hope there isn't too much shame in that.

To respond specifically to demoniac93— "So you really enjoy visiting derelict factories?"
Only as much as the next guy. They're fun, but you can only take so many kinds of pictures with them. I'll admit that the novelty of exploring them never wears off.

Offline demoniac93

• Veteran
« Reply #1216 on: October 13, 2010, 11:28:28 am »
Nah, it's just that my cousin's been burning her photography imagination up lately, and I was thinking of ideas to help her out.
She's quite good, and I encourage her practicing the hobby.
Got any other ideas a photographer could check out in a Middle European country?
b&

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #1217 on: October 13, 2010, 12:12:25 pm »
It really depends on who she is, and what appeals to her particular aesthetic. She must be able to explore, and get around somehow— a parent to drive her around for an hour or two does NOT count. Independence is key, the mode of transport needs to be completely flexible. Area-wide public transportation works, for the most part, as long as the schedules can allow for plenty of time at particular destinations, and the transit system goes pretty far (city limited transportation isn't as helpful). Bikes are the shit, especially when combined with public transportation— one can take the bus or train as far as it will get to a particular location, and then bike for the remainder of the trip. Going this far, being this determined to "get the shot"— automatically makes anyone value their work much more.

Of course, if you have a car, that works too...

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #1218 on: October 13, 2010, 12:51:58 pm »
I can't resist wondering why I like pictures like that. It just seems very classy.

I like your pictures Mistercharles.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline PANZERCATWAGON

• Camper
  • oh god: blowjobs
« Reply #1219 on: October 13, 2010, 02:49:39 pm »
who would have thought soldat forums might have such a crackhole of aspiring artists